is montreal for real?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

is montreal for real?

Personally, I think they are just on a streak. They might make the playoffs, but if Markov goes down which is almost likely, all of a sudden they aren't a playoff team. My guess is they squeeze out a 8 or 7 seed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: is montreal for real?

I disagree. I think they will challenge Boston for the top spot in the northeast. Even without Markov, they are getting strong performances from young guys like Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I disagree. I think they will challenge Boston for the top spot in the northeast. Even without Markov, they are getting strong performances from young guys like Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

Markov is the key. 

They are getting results from their rookies, who are doing it from the third line with Prust.  That's not an easy thing to do!

Price has looked solid.  He's always been a very good goaltender, but this year he's seemed to kick it up a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not sure if they can keep it up for this season, but the formula is there:  good forwards, better defense, great goaltending.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

They are rolling 4 lines and getting great goaltending.  Sound familiar?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Not to mention the addition by subtraction with Gomez

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Markov is the key. 

They are getting results from their rookies, who are doing it from the third line with Prust.  That's not an easy thing to do!

Price has looked solid.  He's always been a very good goaltender, but this year he's seemed to kick it up a bit.

I agree Markov is the key to how far they go.

Although i Hate the Habs it makes for some Compelling hockey when both teams are

good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

As much as it pains me to say they are also playing a much more honorable style. A lot less diving,  driving hard to the dirty areas, etc. Good Canadian hockey like the Bs play, although they aren't of our caliber yet, thankfully, but they're close.  I actually enjoyed watching them play the Bs the last time which I can't say I have for a few years due to all of the diving and whining. Therrien and Gallant have changed the culture. I still hate them unconditionally and  always will.

I think they will come back to earth a bit but will make the playoffs somewhere between the 5 and 8 seed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Markov is the key

Without a doubt!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]

Markov is the key. 

The Bruins have faced a team w/out Markov for what, two years now? They look pretty solid right now. What a sour puss their coach is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Goes to show how good Markov is. I never thought he was THAT good. Still think they are nothing more than a 1 line team, but when they play the B's a few times, we will see.

Losing 6-0 to the Laughs at home is not to be forgotten. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I think even last year they had a playoff calibre roster. They underperformed big time, and had lots of injuries to key players. They have a very good goalie, very good defense, and few guys who can score 30 (Paccioretty, Cole, Gionta). I think they lack a true number 1 center, but other than that they are a pretty good team, I expected them to make the playoffs this year going into the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Markov has slowed down since his fast start but still their QB that makes their PP go.

Are they for real ?   for much of the same reasons many of you are mentioning but also their defensive system that boxes out in front of Price.  Shots from the outside Price will save all day long. To be successful against them you got to get in close i.e. Rangers only goal last night and look at both Bruin goals when they played them. 

Also they've had a favorable schedule just like the Bruins, The tough part for both teams is coming.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

They have an excellent 3rd line with Prust playing sometimes with Gallegher et Galchenyuk ...Galchenyuk also plays on the PP ...their D is in good shape with Diaz playing over 22 minutes each game, Subban, Georges, Weber,  Emelin and Markov (not great defensively but very good on PP...also fragile), Bourque is having his best season ever...Eller is playing well ...plekanek and Pacio are also having a great season and Price his best start ever.....new coach, new GM, new energy ...the fans are going nuts here in Montreal , they are already talking about the Cup...I hate them ...but I see them 5th in the Conference ...like every teams they will have injuries ..and the situation could change quickly ...lets not forgot that before their 5 wins in a row they lost 6-0 to the Leafs 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

As much as it pains me to say they are also playing a much more honorable style. A lot less diving,  driving hard to the dirty areas, etc. Good Canadian hockey like the Bs play, although they aren't of our caliber yet, thankfully, but they're close.  I actually enjoyed watching them play the Bs the last time which I can't say I have for a few years due to all of the diving and whining. Therrien and Gallant have changed the culture. I still hate them unconditionally and  always will.

I think they will come back to earth a bit but will make the playoffs somewhere between the 5 and 8 seed.

Negative, they are still whining beotchhes. with Patches leading the way.  Kaberle will come back just in time to upset the chemistry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Markov is the key. 

They've won games with a mediocore backup who's getting shut-outs. Plus they lost one of their young guns to a concussion,  they're best goal scorer is playing injured and they're still winning. I think this team will be someone to not take lightly. And if they make the playoffs who knows what they can do. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Goes to show how good Markov is. I never thought he was THAT good. Still think they are nothing more than a 1 line team, but when they play the B's a few times, we will see.

No way could anyone think that having watched Montreal games. No way are they a one line team and allot better than they were earlier in the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to perrysound's comment:

No way could anyone think that having watched Montreal games. No way are they a one line team and allot better than they were earlier in the season.

Yeah San, I've watched plenty of their games this year and I'm not even sure which line Perry is referring to. I mean that as a compliment to the Habs. As far as I can see, they're getting contributions from throughout the lineup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Gotta agree, Markov is the key, he goes down, the team goes with it. Diaz has been a pleasant suprise for them..They saw they needed some size and toughness and they started to address that last year when they traded Cammaleri for Bourque. Not sure if theyre as good as they are playing right now, but they are certainly better this year. Therrien has them playing well...They stay healthy and they can make some noise come playoff time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think the Habs can never be taken lightly, the B's have been far too guilty of it in years past. The Habs have played the majority of their games in the friendly confines of the Bell Centre but that being said they still look pretty good to me. While were at which teams are for real, what about the Rags? I find it amusing to see Tortorella behind the bench scowling all the time instead of that stupid smirk, looks good on him.I guess you can only block so many shots, you still have to score. Queen Henry only looks human lately. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'll agree with all here, from what I've seen, they're legit. Price looks great with a halfway decent defense in front of him. 

Should make for some great games. The league is better when the Habs and B's are both good.

Haven't been to MTL for 9 months, I imagine the callers to 990 must now sound like a bunch of pre-teen girls at a Justin Beiber concert. 

Sections
Shortcuts