Is Neely still just a figurehead?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead?

"How many presidents undermine the GM and head coach? I think it's great that he's passionate and does it, mind you, but this is about as dysfunctional an organization as you'll find."

BB, isn't it the President's job, as a manager, to tell his employees when he's not happy with their performance. I'm confused, a figure head usually just sits in the box and cheers like a fan. No?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead?:
    [QUOTE]please elaborate... as i'm sure you know what was said. and why would someone who's just "a figurehead" be allowed to address the team?- shouldn't someone who is actually important be doing this. maybe YOU should talk to the team and let them know the management is TRYING to make them lose every game on purpose!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

If you don't think Neely or Chia last year trying to rally the troops makes Julien look bad, you are dumb.

Plain and simple.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Considering my admiration for the man and the type of character I think he has (I admit that I really do not know Cam Neely the person), I have a real hard time believing he would accept the role of a "figurehead".  Just don't see him accepting that title (President) and not having some real authority.  Yeah CJ is the coach and PC is the GM and they have been empowered to do a job but I have a strong sense that most of the key decisions they make are made after Cam is included in the discussion.  We can debate the degree of Cam's involvement but all I know is I feel allot better these days knowing he is involved than I did a few years ago under the MOC/Sinden administration.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"They are one of the laughingstocks of the league because of how they operate as an organization."

Name the NHL Hall of Famer or current player or front office GM that has stated that the Bruins are a "Mickey mouse organization" or the Boston are the the "laughing stock" of the NHL ? You can't that is from your limited imagination and/or intelligence. You read it nowhere or heard it anywhere. You surmised it by comparing the Bruins to the rest of the pro sports teams in Boston which has been your only comeback limited train of thought.

"No.  You aren't the 1984/1985 Oilers." 

WoW what a comparison Really!? The Bruins aren't the Oilers of the 80s. Just blew me a way with the research I tell yah with some blow hards you don't learn something when you come here to read posts. The same research that you didn't do in your statement that the Bruins are a laughing stock of the NHL  you did in comparing the current Bruins especially how outdated 80s hockey (there wasn't a cap  back then!) is compared to today's hockey. But no says the blow hard "drafting in the NHL is the same as drafting in the NFL"

"Not trying to be negative, but you asked the question."

If the Bruins were to win the cup this year or next you would still find a reason to say something irrelevant like "finding Thomas was an aberration, it was all luck". True to form Belichick is GOD everyone else is lucky.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead? : If you don't think Neely or Chia last year trying to rally the troops makes Julien look bad, you are dumb. Plain and simple.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Me no have brain. Me thinks that rallying your team are good for team. Why come supporting team equals bad? Why come rattling cage when team looks like ppoopy on a stick bad? My lack of brain hurts! Me go lie down on big head.

(On a side note, I believe Neely is a figurehead more than a President but don't believe he's just a figurehead and no one told Neely that he's just there for a figurehead position).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

again... your a wealth of information BB- why don't you tell us what was said in those "rally the troops" talks. can't wait to hear from you, you are very entertaining 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead

In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead? : No, my opinion has nothing to do with "credibility". Any opinion of anyone's has nothing to do with credibility. Learn what words mean before using them. You sound foolish trying to talk down to me.   This is a messageboard for fans. NO one is trying to join a "credibility" club with their opinion. When you have a president or GM basically doing the job of a coach, that is a problem.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

and maybe you should learn to to read my full post before responding. your opinion has nothing to do with your credibility, but you stated your opinion as fact, and that does

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead? : Me no have brain. Me thinks that rallying your team are good for team. Why come supporting team equals bad? Why come rattling cage when team looks like ppoopy on a stick bad? My lack of brain hurts! Me go lie down on big head. (On a side note, I believe Neely is a figurehead more than a President but don't believe he's just a figurehead and no one told Neely that he's just there for a figurehead position).
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

At least you admit what the obvious is.

Some of the other fans here apparently think Jacobs can do no wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead : and maybe you should learn to to read my full post before responding. your opinion has nothing to do with your credibility, but you stated your opinion as fact, and that does Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

You see Dauber he doesn't have to research his statements his opinions are facts that's why he doesn't respond to simple questions from others responses. His own worst enemy "I don't need to read your posts" will be the next predictable response...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Neely still just a figurehead : and maybe you should learn to to read my full post before responding. your opinion has nothing to do with your credibility, but you stated your opinion as fact, and that does
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Show me where I stated my opinion as a fact. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

show me where you said anything remotely inteligent? what color is the sky in your world?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Cam Neely is the president of the Bruins.  In most organizations if not all the president is a decision maker, not a figure head.  Now I'm sure Cam allows PC to operate at his own accord but I would be shocked if he didn't have input regarding personnel decisions?  That said, he may allow PC enough rope to pull to safety or hang himself?  Having Cam around seems like nothing but a positive to me as this organization desperately trys to change the culture perception that so many B's fans and haters love to bash.