Is Patrice Bergeron the best all around player in the NHL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Is Patrice Bergeron the best all around player in the NHL?

Absolutely! best all around hockey player in the world. end of story

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Is Patrice Bergeron the best all around player in the NHL?

No, for as much as i love his game i would have to take datsyuk.  I think datsyuk is as good defensively and can undress anyone in the world on the other end.  Im happy bergie is a bruin.  Im happy he will be on canada.  Hes awesome.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not with Pavel Datsyuk in the league. I love Bergeron, and think he has the edge on Datsyuk defensively (though he's pretty great in that area as well) but Datsyuk has better offensive abilities.

Number two I would say yes, but Datsyuk at the moment is, imo, still the best all-around player in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

I agree with Shup & Red... Pavel D has everything that PB has but his offensive capabilities are off the chart!!

Go Bruins

BBB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

No, for as much as i love his game i would have to take datsyuk.  I think datsyuk is as good defensively and can undress anyone in the world on the other end.  Im happy bergie is a bruin.  Im happy he will be on canada.  Hes awesome.  

I strongly disagree.................Bergeron's heart is the size of Boston. Datsyuk dont even have a heartbeat compared to Bergy........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

I strongly disagree.................Bergeron's heart is the size of Boston. Datsyuk dont even have a heartbeat compared to Bergy........

His two Cups, 4 Byngs, 3 Selkes, and the fact last year the NHL players voted him as the Smartest Player, the Most Difficult to Play Against, the Hardest to Take the Puck From, the Most Difficult to Stop, the Cleanest Player, and the Toughest Forward to Play Against don't really back up this statement. I love Bergeron, but to say that Datsyuk has no heart means to me that you seldom watch the Wings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You need to watch datsyuk more.  He has the heart of a champion and plays injured as well.  What bergie did this year is the stuff of legends. Love him. But you asked a question and i gave my opinion.  Datsyuk is a human highlight and is amazing in his own end.  He gets hammered by the leagues top dmen every game and still bounces around.  Hes slick as owl po o p on a hot tin roof.  Any situation you want dats on.  He is also lethal as a pp guy.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You need to learn more about hockey before you type anything else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The Sports Hub is reporting that Fluto tweeted Bergeron has been in the hospital since after Game 6.  His broken punctured a lung. 

Damn.  Just when I think that I can't respect Bergeron any more.  What a warrior.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Others have this one correct...Datsyuk is unreal. His offensive skills are superior to that of Bergeron's with equivalent defensive prowess.

Toews, obviously is in the conversation. Crosby is no slouch either. Bergeron is still my favorite player however and I'm glad he is a Bruin. Get well soon PB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

No, but I'll bet he's probably the most respected (by fans and players) in the league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Others have this one correct...Datsyuk is unreal. His offensive skills are superior to that of Bergeron's with equivalent defensive prowess.

Toews, obviously is in the conversation. Crosby is no slouch either. Bergeron is still my favorite player however and I'm glad he is a Bruin. Get well soon PB.

Datsyuk is fantastic. There's no denying it but I wouldn't trade Bergeron for him. Bergeron is younger, cheaper and never had the benefit of a Zetterberg as a linemate for much of his career. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

gotta agree, Datsyuk is more dynamic offensively

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Datsyuk is fantastic. There's no denying it but I wouldn't trade Bergeron for him. Bergeron is younger, cheaper and never had the benefit of a Zetterberg as a linemate for much of his career. [/QUOTE]

A real good point, for me it is Toews now. Still astounded at what he did and take him out of the lineup Kane does nothing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Datsyuk is fantastic. There's no denying it but I wouldn't trade Bergeron for him. Bergeron is younger, cheaper and never had the benefit of a Zetterberg as a linemate for much of his career.

A real good point, for me it is Toews now. Still astounded at what he did and take him out of the lineup Kane does nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that San, Kane is a pretty dynamic player in his own right. Better with Toews? Of course.

As for best overall player. Still Crosby.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Not sure about that San, Kane is a pretty dynamic player in his own right. Better with Toews? Of course.

As for best overall player. Still Crosby.

Crosby head to head vs Bergeron didn't exactly work out the way people expected though did it? 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

pains me to say it, another vote for datsyuk. quite frankly, all things being equal (age etc.), the only two players i would swap for bergy would be datsyuk or toews. crosby is a phenomenal talent that is held back by a low character quotient.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

As for best overall player. Still Crosby.[/QUOTE]

Still great yes but limited when Toews isn't on the ice. I think Toews has stepped above Crosby now after his performance.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

I'll stay out of the debate.

Berg and campbell got more ba lls than Wimbledon.

Sometimes a critic always a fan

• You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

I'm not denying Datsyuk was the best overall and a legend compared to bergeron, but at 37 years of age heading on 38 I'm talking about right now. at only 27 years of age Bergeron is now the best all around player and hopefully the next Datsyuk is all I'm saying.............is what it is..........It's Bergerons time now

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bergeron was in fact a better playmaker/scorer in my opinion skill-wise before he got his concussions. But his return and then ultimate configuration into a multi-faceted Selke type, best faceoff guy in hockey, and still a clutch goal scorer/passer makes him my favorite B, and pretty much everyone's favorite B. He deserves it. As for best all-around in NHL? Wow, that's probably not an argument even worth trying. There are better offensive players, but no one better defensively, so you factor in the faceoffs, then maybe he is?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Toews really showed me something playing with the concussion. I would prefer to stay out of this one.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I'm not denying Datsyuk was the best overall and a legend compared to bergeron, but at 37 years of age heading on 38 I'm talking about right now. at only 27 years of age Bergeron is now the best all around player and hopefully the next Datsyuk is all I'm saying.............is what it is..........It's Bergerons time now

Close... just looked it up.  Datsyuk is 35 in July,  Bergeron is 27.

Although Datsyuk is Amazingly talented, I'll take the extra 8yrs of Bergy developing further... Any day.

Give Bergeron a 10yr contract and line him up for Captaincy of this team.  Heart of a lion.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

If the question is who do you start a team with, then Bergeron's age puts him past Datsyuk.

But if the queston is, who is the best 2 way player in the NHL today, it's Datsyuk 1, Bergeron 2. If you watch the Wings with any regularity, Datsyuk is definitely better than Bergeron both offensively and defensively.

Datsyuk not only dominates in takeaways, he almost always turns them into high  percentage scoring chances.  Zetterberg makes him even more dangerous, but he really is a human highlight reel and may be the most dangerous one on one scorer in the league. Its amazing to watch every night. (my wife is a Wings' fan; I have to watch their game. I hate that they are in the B's division now.

He's also just as good in the dot.

Like many, Bergie is my favorite Bruin, and he's definitely more durable than Datsyuk, but pure 2-way skill? Pavel has him beat at both ends, unfortunately.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

If the question is who do you start a team with, then Bergeron's age puts him past Datsyuk.

But if the queston is, who is the best 2 way player in the NHL today, it's Datsyuk 1, Bergeron 2. If you watch the Wings with any regularity, Datsyuk is definitely better than Bergeron both offensively and defensively.

Datsyuk not only dominates in takeaways, he almost always turns them into high  percentage scoring chances.  Zetterberg makes him even more dangerous, but he really is a human highlight reel and may be the most dangerous one on one scorer in the league. Its amazing to watch every night. (my wife is a Wings' fan; I have to watch their game. I hate that they are in the B's division now.

He's also just as good in the dot.

Like many, Bergie is my favorite Bruin, and he's definitely more durable than Datsyuk, but pure 2-way skill? Pavel has him beat at both ends, unfortunately.

Agree completely

• Sections
    Shortcuts