Is Peters Making Ward Expendable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Is Peters Making Ward Expendable?

Lots of talk around the hockey world that Ward could be moved at the deadline. I think the guy hasn't been healthy enough to find his game. With 3 yrs remaining at 6.3 per. Do the Canes use a buyout; give Peter a 2 yr 2.5 deal and use the rest for some FA shopping?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Is Peters Making Ward Expendable?

Rutherford can only make the Canes a playoff team through the draft. If Carolina is going to wait around to see what Altshuller can do, sure dump the salary (it might be an order from the lame ownership).

But who wants a veteran goalie with that kind of salary and who's health is in question ?

Funny thing is Carolina is only two points out of 8th. I don't know if I would want Peters as my goalie if they sneak in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Rutherford can only make the Canes a playoff team through the draft. If Carolina is going to wait around to see what Altshuller can do, sure dump the salary (it might be an order from the lame ownership).

But who wants a veteran goalie with that kind of salary and who's health is in question ?

Funny thing is Carolina is only two points out of 8th. I don't know if I would want Peters as my goalie if they sneak in.

Yea, that's one thing you can say for sure about Ward. The 2 times he's been in the play-offs he played great. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The latest news on carolina trades is that they want dump/trade one of their goalies. This could mean that yes Ward is expendable. Ward could probably get a better return then Peters. If i was Rutherford, my personal option is trade Ward and go from there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ward can play a lot of games when healthy.

That's about the only good thing I can say about him.

That contract is a bomb.

Sections
Shortcuts