Is Rask getting tired ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Is Rask getting tired ?

In response to stan17's comment:

I don't know about Rask being tired but Chara sure looks lazy and tired tonight.

Totally agree with you. While Chara is clearly the Bruins best defensemen and one of the best in the league, last night was not a good game for him. I had him out of position on the 1st and third goals and in the penalty box for the 2nd. I think he was on the ice for one other goal as well.
     It's hard to pin this loss entirely on Rask because the defense was almost non-existent. There were 2 keys for me: Lucic drilling a defender into the boards head-first during a delayed penalty call on Chara, so that the Sabres had a 2 man advantage which changed the momentum of the game totally; and secondly the tripping call on Seidenberg when when we had Meyers in the penalty box for 4 minutes when we were down 5-4.

How many 2 on 1 breaks did the Sabres have during the game? It seemed like at least 1/2 a dozen. No, we had a decent lead and it looked like we were going to romp to victory and then the defense got sloppy and we got some dumb penalties. Of course our PP continues to be wretched, so maybe the non-calls when Bergeron got taken down going to the net and when Hamilton got decked by an elbow, wouldn't have mattered had they been called correctly. Maybe Rask didn't have a great game but a lot of the blame goes to the horrible play of the backline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

On the 3rd Sabres' goal  he didnt read the play properly and on the 1st goal he did not move fast enough ....hummmm.  Khodo time is closer than and will come sooner than I was expecting...

Don't no about tired ,but when he starts going down way to early it worries me,could be his confidence,i go back to Philly series a couple of years ago,Philly put everthing high on him,and thats definetly his weekness.I still think he is a very good goalie,but i hope Bruins give Khodo his share of games,i don't think Rask can play every game especially in this short season,i mean the guy only ways what 160,don't think he has the strenght to do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

One game in which the entire team's play was spotty and ultimately sub-par shouldn't be a basis for any decisions on goaltending. One goal was on a 5-on-3, at least 2 were on 2-on-1 situations where the defence misplayed the odd-man rush and one was an empty netter. If one is predisposed to snapping to decide that Tuukka can't do the job given those factors it certainly explains why one is here yapping on a message board and not out coaching a team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jacobspleasesell's comment:

One game in which the entire team's play was spotty and ultimately sub-par shouldn't be a basis for any decisions on goaltending. One goal was on a 5-on-3, at least 2 were on 2-on-1 situations where the defence misplayed the odd-man rush and one was an empty netter. If one is predisposed to snapping to decide that Tuukka can't do the job given those factors it certainly explains why one is here yapping on a message board and not out coaching a team.

I know you guys dont see what I see...I have been associated fo hockey for over 50 years now ..and that explains what I see...just watch tonight's game ..Leafs are going to win with Tuuka ..believe me I hate to predict a defeat to the BRUINS .. Leafs 4- Bruins 3... But if it takes another tough loss to the B's for Claude Julien to see it ..let be it ...cant wait till Khudo comes back in the net and that the Bruins management see the jewel they have on their team..soon or later they will have no other choice to give the net to Khudo ..we dont want to lose too many games in such a short season...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I heard Budaj is taking over for Price

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I know you guys dont see what I see...I have been associated fo hockey for over 50 years now ..and that explains what I see...just watch tonight's game ..Leafs are going to win with Tuuka ..believe me I hate to predict a defeat to the BRUINS .. Leafs 4- Bruins 3... But if it takes another tough loss to the B's for Claude Julien to see it ..let be it ...cant wait till Khudo comes back in the net and that the Bruins management see the jewel they have on their team..soon or later they will have no other choice to give the net to Khudo ..we dont want to lose too many games in such a short season...

wow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Stanley, do you honestly think we don't realize you have three different user names alive in this thread??  

For God's sake, at least change the style a little if your going to use multiple accounts to praise your childish posts.  It's pathetic.

Your fist account is plenty annoying, no need for more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I would like to see more of Khudo,but i wouldn't be giving up on Rask

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tuukka Rask with the shutout tonight!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

He looked tired at the end of the game! Hehe.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dougie_Spamilton. Show Dougie_Spamilton's posts

Yea, Rask is getting tired.  Of shutouts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Another incorrect prediction. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Just imagine how many fewer goals the Leafs would have scored if CJ had just started Khudobin?  Another missed opportunity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Just imagine how many fewer goals the Leafs would have scored if CJ had just started Khudobin?  Another missed opportunity.

LoL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I would like to see more of Khudo,but i wouldn't be giving up on Rask

I agree that I wouldn't mind seeing more of Khudo simply for the reason that Rask will likely need more rest than someone like Thomas needed. I think you lose little, if anything, by playing Khudo and it will keep Rask a lot fresher come playoff time. I really feel that was the issue in the 09-10 collapse, fatigue. He just wasn't accustomed to playing that much and with Thomas' hip problem he couldn't really be used with any confidence.

Sections
Shortcuts