Is Richards this year's Kovalchuk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Is Richards this year's Kovalchuk?

So, all you Bruins fans want Richards this year. Last year it was Kovalchuk.

Will Richards really help the Bruins? Why the resurgence in his game this year?

Could it be that he is in the last year of his contract? I think so! His next contract will be his last, so sure he's all gong-ho. Will he continue in the same vein when he gets the new contract? I  don't think so! At his age, it won't be worthwhile. He's no fool; he's not going to risk a possible Savard repeat to keep him from enjoying his money.

I don't think Chiarelli has any interest in getting involved with Brad Richards. And I commend him for that. Dealing for and signing this type of player puts you on the fast track to ruining your franchise - just as Lou Lamoriello and the "New" Jersey Devils.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Is Richards this year's Kovalchuk?

Richards actually has some reasonable talent around him this year. Also, overall the Pacific division sucksass this year.

If Savard were to retire, or Bergeron were moved to wing, or Krejci dealt I wouldn't mind having Richards. But adding him to those three is overkill without a shuffling around.

And no, while Richards is probably the premier UFA-to-be, and there are several teams that need centers, I doubt he'll go holding out until someone signs the franchise over to him, or that anyone would do so.

In Response to Is Richards this year's Kovalchuk?:
    [QUOTE]So, all you Bruins fans want Richards this year. Last year it was Kovalchuk. Will Richards really help the Bruins? Why the resurgence in his game this year? Could it be that he is in the last year of his contract? I think so! His next contract will be his last, so sure he's all gong-ho. Will he continue in the same vein when he gets the new contract? I  don't think so! At his age, it won't be worthwhile. He's no fool; he's not going to risk a possible Savard repeat to keep him from enjoying his money. I don't think Chiarelli has any interest in getting involved with Brad Richards. And I commend him for that. Dealing for and signing this type of player puts you on the fast track to ruining your franchise - just as Lou Lamoriello and the "New" Jersey Devils.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Is Richards this year's Kovalchuk?:
    [QUOTE]So, all you Bruins fans want Richards this year. Last year it was Kovalchuk. Will Richards really help the Bruins? Why the resurgence in his game this year? Could it be that he is in the last year of his contract? I think so! His next contract will be his last, so sure he's all gong-ho. Will he continue in the same vein when he gets the new contract? I  don't think so! At his age, it won't be worthwhile. He's no fool; he's not going to risk a possible Savard repeat to keep him from enjoying his money. I don't think Chiarelli has any interest in getting involved with Brad Richards. And I commend him for that. Dealing for and signing this type of player puts you on the fast track to ruining your franchise - just as Lou Lamoriello and the "New" Jersey Devils.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Richards had 91 points last year so I don't think it fair that he should be accused of playing for the contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Richards is an elite center and proven playoff performer.  He would be a great addition to any playoff team which is why it is very unlikely the Stars move him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Richards is a more complete player over Kovalchuk. I can also add Iginla,Kesler, Marleau,Zetterberg,Malkin,Alfredson(younger),Bergeron, etc..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Richards this year's Kovalchuk?:
    [QUOTE]Richards is a more complete player over Kovalchuk. I can also add Iginla,Kesler, Marleau,Zetterberg,Malkin,Alfredson(younger),Bergeron, etc..
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

Kesler and Malkin in the same category?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Last year Kovalchuk was on the trade block this winter Richards is not but probably was for a short time in the fall. The best thing for the new ownership group in Dallas would be to have a deep playoff run before they get squashed by the Canucks. As we know gotta have those beer n pretzel sales.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

They won't get squashed by the Canucks. They still have Luongo in net.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Is Richards this year's Kovalchuk?:[QUOTE]They won't get squashed by the Canucks. They still have Luongo in net.Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Touche

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is Richards this year's Kovalchuk? : Richards had 91 points last year so I don't think it fair that he should be accused of playing for the contract.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Hear here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Richards is an elite center and proven playoff performer.  He would be a great addition to any playoff team which is why it is very unlikely the Stars move him.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Hear here as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Easy answer, Conn Smythe for Richards versus zero playoff wins for ilya.  Good comparison though.

Sections
Shortcuts