Is Ryan Murphy the defensive version of Phil Kessel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: Is Ryan Murphy the defensive version of Phil Kessel?

I know it's tempting to come up with the anecdotal storylines to make the draft more interesting, but the comparisons that people make between draftees and NHL superstars are unwarranted. Whether it's the Bobby Orr comparison NAS brought up, or the Steve-Y comparisons Seguin got, or the The gretzky comparisons i've heard about RNH, or the token Phil Housely comparisons i've heard to every puck-moving defensemen in the draft for the past 5 years.

It may make it more boring, but the comparisons are almost always complete mischaracterizations of players, so it's best to just ignore them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

Perhaps he can be converted to a foward if playing defense doesn't pan out for him... think that would still work out fine.  I mean the guy does have great shooting/passing skills and skating ability.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ryan Murphy the defensive version of Phil Kessel?:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps he can be converted to a foward if playing defense doesn't pan out for him... think that would still work out fine.  I mean the guy does have great shooting/passing skills and skating ability.
    Posted by Opinions-R-Us[/QUOTE]
    I've been suggesting that for a while. This kid has the speed of a winger, not your typical defensemen. If Byfuglien can make the transition to defense from the forward group, why can't defensemen transition to forwards?

I don't think it comes to this, but it's interesting to think about/discuss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Opinions-R-Us. Show Opinions-R-Us's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ryan Murphy the defensive version of Phil Kessel?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Ryan Murphy the defensive version of Phil Kessel? : I've been suggesting that for a while. This kid has the speed of a winger, not your typical defensemen. If Byfuglien can make the transition to defense from the forward group, why can't defensemen transition to forwards? I don't think it comes to this, but it's interesting to think about/discuss.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

That would be a great discussion for sure!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think this Bruins management values all types of players.  For every Lucic we have a Krejci, for every Boychuck a Kaberle or Kampfer.  I think they would be happy to take him.  It doesn't matter if you are physical, only that you compete. 

Sections
Shortcuts