Is Seguin a bust??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

Re: Is Seguin a bust??????

this thread is a gigantic PHAIL.  The answer to the OP's question is a resounding "NO!"

Seguin is full of WIN - patience, Grasshopper. He's an 18 y/o kid in his first year playing against men, not boys.  Taylor Hall had the benefit of playing a full year of junior more than Seguin.  Give Tyler time to acclimate to the speed of the NHL game (where everything happens a step or two faster, and resultant decisions must also be made that much faster, and to learn how to play in his defensive zone, and be responsible with and without the puck.  He's got the tools, the skills and the physical attributes - all he needs is some seasoning.  Relax

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

My 18 year old kid came out of high school top of the academic class. It's his first year in university and he is finding it a bit more difficult to perform at the same level. He needs to work harder and put in more time. I think I'll wait to see how he does before I declare him a bust and throw him to the wolves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

In Response to Is Seguin a bust??????:
    [QUOTE]Yes. I know he's 18 and Joe Thornton suxed his first year, too. Kessel had about 12 goals his first year but he also had cancer. Will Seguin even get that many this year? Why wasn't this guy on his World Junior team last year? Obviously there is something about him that isn't all good. We were sold a bunch of hype on Seguin and I really don't see it. Yeah. He is fast but so is Paille...and he was a first round pick, too. Just because a guy can skate and he has some size will get you picked in the first round (i.e. Wheeler) which to me is a joke. I want to see some production from this guy soon and it ain't happening
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

The only proper response to this is that anyone who believes Seguin is bust based on this current season is a dope.  He's 18. He hasn't matured physically. He plays on a team and with a coach that preaches defense and responsibility first.   The fact that the original poster but Danny Paille and Seguin in the same sentence is grounds for permanent removal from ever posting again. 8 minutes of ice time, being constantly shuffled around the line up and being given virtually no power play couldn't possibly be hindering Seguin's production could it?

There are guys on this team that have been in the NHL for years that aren't the type of offensive players they would be on teams that play an up temp style like a Colorado, Carolina or a Philadlphia (Bergeron, Krejci, Wheeler) anyone?

At worst all you can say about Seguin is he flashes plenty of skill and speed but these flashes just aren't as consistent as anyone would like to see.  However his talent is not the question.  How long it will take him to blossom under this coach and with this team is the only question. 

Ugh.  Seguin a bust.  Please.  If he's down in the AHL with Zach Hamill three years from now then maybe he'd be considered a bust but there is just about as much chance of that happening is there is any one with a ounce of hockey acumen comparing Paille with Seguin.  Oh wait didn't someone alreday do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

In Response to Re: Is Seguin a bust??????:
    [QUOTE]putting Seguin on the bruins is like putting a Holley 850 cfm double pumper on a smog controlled beat up engine with the wrong cam and 2bbl heads, while you may get it to bolt up it will never be able to proper function and add anything to a poor performing engine!!!  the bruins organization is teh only thing that slowing him down, he will have to prove his worth on another team!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

You took the words right out of my mouth!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Seguin may not be ready for a team who aspires to win the Stanley Cup,  but he`s certainly not a bust. Wheeler and Hamill are the perfect example of a bust.
    And Marchand because of his small size is the perfect example of an underestimated junior.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Seguin a bust?  It didn't look like it last night. He had arms, a torso and legs.

Seriously, this team won't be a powerhouse until Tyler becomes "The Man". That will happen soon enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

If anybody thinks this kid (18) is a bust, you're mistaken. His skill level is exceptional, he just needs time and in my opinion he needs to play center - at this time he's doesn't have the strength to be a consistently effective wing. As he grows physically and with experience, he'll be fine. He's fast, passes well - appears to have a good field of vision, quick/hard shot. And who gives a rats behind if Canada left him of the world team. Oh, and for the record, Joe Thornton did not sux as a rookie, he rarely played. Pat Burns (God Bless Pat - RIP) approach to developing Jumbo Joe, was to work him hard in practice and to let him grow into his body - his ice time was very limited - he did not sux.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I remember watching Gord Kluzak playing LW on the 4th line, in his rookie year.
    I could not believe the bruins passed on Brian Bellows, to select this "bust".
       He turned into a top d-man, and would have had a great career, except for multiple knee injuries.
    I have learned that top players do not develop at a pre-determined rate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Your a dolt Nash.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Mr. Seguin will be a very good player in a year or two but we all have to be patient, I will admit I would like him to have 16 goals like Hall does but Hall gets ice time and has to be more because of the weak team he is on.
    Seguin does need more ice time and in different situations, but now that Savy is hurt he will see more time and will get better. Seguin will start to show more next season with a good year under his belt. He is far from being a bust.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

[QUOTE]   I remember watching Gord Kluzak playing LW on the 4th line, in his rookie year. I could not believe the bruins passed on Brian Bellows, to select this "bust".    He turned into a top d-man, and would have had a great career, except for multiple knee injuries. I have learned that top players do not develop at a pre-determined rate.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Interesting biggskye, i never knew they threw Gordie up on the wing his rookie year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

There is obviously no other reason for this post than to stir people up. It is a slow time of year for sports fans but really Nash, you're grasping here.  The only thing I'll add, as others have made very good and accurate points, is that there isn't one GM in the NHL that wouldn't have picked Seguin 2nd so this whole thing about you saying you would have picked Skinner 2nd is a joke.  Grow up, get a job and move out of your mothers basement!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

to me he looks like he will be a nice player...has some inate skills..sees people and finds them with puck. definatley not a grinder and not at kessels skill level... but will need time to develope  oddly enough reminds me of savard with more skill .... lots of pressure at #2  now marchand is a keeper... again inate skills  seems to have glue on his stick for the puck, a little mucker...and very surprizing speed...like him a lot...

hey can someone tell lucic to remember what got him here...bruins are missing it sorely...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

I don't Nash's post is all that invalid...yes he's young... he'll be 19 soon...yes the potential looks great - and as a HUGE B's fan I hope all the expectations for this guy comes true.. but i've watched a host of Carolina games, Edmonton games and alot of Buffalo games...Skinner, Hall & Ennis get dirty - and will take a hit to make a play...honestly Seguin looks scared out there.. he turns away on every play into the corners and avoids contact all the time....IMO i hope this changes in in the next few years. I certainly will be very patient with this guy with the hopes that he will turn into the player that he was billed to be.

BBB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Another stupid and moronic post. This post is a BUST!

In Response to Is Seguin a bust??????:
    [QUOTE]Yes. I know he's 18 and Joe Thornton suxed his first year, too. Kessel had about 12 goals his first year but he also had cancer. Will Seguin even get that many this year? Why wasn't this guy on his World Junior team last year? Obviously there is something about him that isn't all good. We were sold a bunch of hype on Seguin and I really don't see it. Yeah. He is fast but so is Paille...and he was a first round pick, too. Just because a guy can skate and he has some size will get you picked in the first round (i.e. Wheeler) which to me is a joke. I want to see some production from this guy soon and it ain't happening
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Is Brad Marchand a bust? He only had 1 point in 20 games last year for the Bruins. Give Seguin time.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Seguin a bust?????? : Marchund skates circles around Seguin and day of the week, and year, any experience. period.. Marchund has a sack Seguin doesn't.. therein lies the difference,.. a completely different Player.. Marchund has always "looked" like a star and is now proving it, Seguin has done nothing but back into corners, and look scared.. I for one do not like him.. 
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]
    You are moron

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]yup, unfortunately he will be a bust.. he does not have "it" to play NHL hockey. Mark my words, He may not be a total "bust" but he will not be a top scorer, and certainly will not be remotely close to a Stamkos type player..  he will play small, and contribute 20 goals.. that's it.. no Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Espo, type player here.. sorry guys...
    Once again, you are a moron

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

only Tyler can answer the that question. Kids got the tools. does seem timid at times. Hope he works out the kinks.
    W   

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Seguin a bust?????? : and your picture represents and overpaid, lucky to have  won QB riding the name of his brother..  and don't call me a moron.. please, it's not a place to name call for the sake of an opinion. 
    Your judging how a player will turn out for the rest of his career after 50 games. That is moronic

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Last nights game is a good example. Ryder gets the puck a few feet from the offensive blue line , Seguin looks over at him and make a rush. Ryder holds the puck for an offside call.

Give and go Seguin back to Ryder. Ryder is not ready to take the pass.

Seguin turns up his speed and heads to the net . Ryders pass is behind him.
    Typical play . Put Seguin with someone that gets it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Seguin a bust?????? : and your picture represents and overpaid, lucky to have  won QB riding the name of his brother..  and don't call me a moron.. please, it's not a place to name call for the sake of an opinion. 
    Lucky to have won a superbowl?He's right.Some of your statements are absolutely moronic.If you posted here more often you'd realize this is a perfect place for name-calling.Get with the program.