Is Seguin a bust??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Is Seguin a bust??????

Seguin imo really shouldn't have made the team this season. Just because forcing Stamkos to adapt to the nhl has worked for Tampa , it doesn't mean it will work for all rookies. (sometimes it backfires)

Everyones excuse in this thread is, well he is only 18 (so he can't be blamed). The nhl is not a ground for experimenting. The best players who can help the team should be on the ice. 

Seguin could of gone back to the Juniors, tried to help his team get further in the playoffs, make team Canada to experience what stressful hockey at his level was all about

Instead now he looks lost out there, passes the puck too quickly at times , tries to do too much, lots of mistakes and is at the mercy at opposing players instead of the opposing players having a heck of a day trying to contain him

His play as a 18-19 year old in the nhl has been really disappointing. I never felt like that about Skinner, Crosby, Stamkos, Caron, Bergeron, Kampfer in their very first year in the nhl

I really hope Seguin turns out to be a big deal everyone claims he will be. Lets not be stupid though and believe he is a sure bet to be great

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Is Seguin a bust??????:
    [QUOTE]15th in rookie Scoring. 70th in Rookie ice time. Bust = NO! hahahah this is a Joke right?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Too add to this, Hall is getting 1.95 points per 60 minutes of ice time.  Seguin is getting 1.61.  If both were getting 20 minutes a game for a whole season, it would be 
    Hall:      53 pts
    Seguin:  44 pts

Not exactly a big difference between them.  I guess both were busts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hall and Skinner get ice time because they deserve it. They make less mistakes on the ice. Seguin on the other hand has been chasing guys on his end more than other players chasing him in the offensive end

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

I don't see alot of Tyler Seguin jerseys at the Garden. I don't think most fans are buying this guy. He's a disappointment. You can't deny it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

hall and skinner get more icetime because they're on weaker teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I wondered at the title until I saw the poster. IGNORE Nash

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I remember this one player who went 14g, 20a, 34 pts. and a minus 30 in his third year as a pro. Third year. He was 20. He should have figured the game out by then, right?

The guy was Cam Neely. He turned out OK. Let's not be so quick to label Seguin a bust.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]hall and skinner get more icetime because they're on weaker teams.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

This is far from the the Truth. Skinner has earned his time on the ice. He can play nhl hockey already at 18-19. He reminds me of Jordan Caron but not as good defensively and better offensively.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Nash you have got to be kidding. He is 18 years old and is a boy playing with men.  Some 18 year olds jump right in, some need a few years to mature and grow into the league and yes some do end up being busts, but you can't label someone as a bust at 18.  Joe Thornton looked more out of his element at 18 than Seguin does. 

Yes Tyler has not been consistent and there are some areas of his game that need to improve but there have also been flashes of brilliance.  His speed, his shot and his passing ability are all miles ahead of Paille who you mentioned in comparison when talking about speed. Seguin does struggle with the physical side as he is getting pushed off the puck too easy and not winning enough one on one battles for the puck.  As he fills out in the next year or two he will start to win more of those battles and as he does he will end up with the puck on his stick more often and then the flashes of brilliance you see just here and there today, will be seen regularly.   

Right now he is developing, learning to be a better defensive player (all round player) and that is the key for this year - to get experience playing at this level.  As someone else said it is also tough to be consistent when not only are you 18 and learning, but you are on wing one night, center another, and never getting to play with the same players for more than a few games in a row.  He also is given a much shorter leash by CJ than other players so he probably plays on pins and needles a little. 

With a year's experience under his belt, some extra muscle that he will put on in the off season and a regular role next year on a key line, Seguin will prove that he was worth the 2nd choice overall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see alot of Tyler Seguin jerseys at the Garden. I don't think most fans are buying this guy. He's a disappointment. You can't deny it.
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Keep reaching up there Nash. Eventually your hand might come out your mouth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

truth is he is not a bust... but is far from what you all had him made out to be or to be picked #2 overall...he is 18 and alot to learn and should be a servicable 3rd line 10-12 min a game guy but a star..not a chance

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Is Seguin a bust??????:
    [QUOTE]Yes. I know he's 18 and Joe Thornton suxed his first year, too. Kessel had about 12 goals his first year but he also had cancer. Will Seguin even get that many this year? Why wasn't this guy on his World Junior team last year? Obviously there is something about him that isn't all good. We were sold a bunch of hype on Seguin and I really don't see it. Yeah. He is fast but so is Paille...and he was a first round pick, too. Just because a guy can skate and he has some size will get you picked in the first round (i.e. Wheeler) which to me is a joke. I want to see some production from this guy soon and it ain't happening
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]
    ULTRA MORON !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

I tried so hard not to post a response...so hard... but I must...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA....a bust...BWAHAHAHAHA....oh my god...can anyone please point me ...hahaha to ..a...decent...hockey forum...hahahaha...oh god that was good...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Is Seguin a bust??????:
    [QUOTE] I want to see some production from this guy soon and it ain't happening
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

2 years ago I was in Tampa over Christmas, and Bolts fans were grumbling about that bust they picked, Steve Stamkos. He just wasn't producing enough that first year.

How'd that work out?

18 year olds right out of junior don't often light it up in the NHL their first year. That's just the way it is. Be patient.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Posts from nash99 are hidden

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

the OP is an idiot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin imo really shouldn't have made the team this season. Just because forcing Stamkos to adapt to the nhl has worked for Tampa , it doesn't mean it will work for all rookies. (sometimes it backfires) Everyones excuse in this thread is, well he is only 18 (so he can't be blamed). The nhl is not a ground for experimenting. The best players who can help the team should be on the ice.  Seguin could of gone back to the Juniors, tried to help his team get further in the playoffs, make team Canada to experience what stressful hockey at his level was all about Instead now he looks lost out there, passes the puck too quickly at times , tries to do too much, lots of mistakes and is at the mercy at opposing players instead of the opposing players having a heck of a day trying to contain him His play as a 18-19 year old in the nhl has been really disappointing. I never felt like that about Skinner, Crosby, Stamkos, Caron, Bergeron, Kampfer in their very first year in the nhl I really hope Seguin turns out to be a big deal everyone claims he will be. Lets not be stupid though and believe he is a sure bet to be great
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the one that was claiming Spooner was more NHL ready than Seguin during the preseason?Forgive me for devaluing your opinion ever since.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

A bust?  Clearly, this is a wind-up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Some people just dont know Hockey at all. Yes. I would like for himt o get more ice time. At the same time I am happy he gets the minutes he gets. He is learning the game at this level. As the season goes further, he will get more ice time. All these players that are playing better then him now will crash close to the end of the season. Next year they wont do better. Usually it takes 2 or even 3 years for a young player to get it (look at Kessel now). Boston fans need to be way more patient then this. Serioulsy. He is 18 and playing in the NHL. Most 18 year olds are still living in moms house. Give this kid some time.

I leave with these qustions:
    1. How is Rask doing?
    2. Is Rask a Bust?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chubs737. Show chubs737's posts

Some true Bruins fans in here.

Watch Seguin this weekend, I bet he turns some heads.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

"Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the one that was claiming Spooner was more NHL ready than Seguin during the preseason?Forgive me for devaluing your opinion ever since."

If you go by on a fair system that whoever does best during camp should make the team, Spooner should have made it before Seguin. Caron should have made it before Seguin. 

Spooner would have not fared any worst than Seguin right now.

Out of camp assessment, Caron and Spooner proved they can play against nhl calibre players. Seguin on the other hand has been riding the potential horse since trainning camp. 

You can devalue my opinion all you want. I can care less. You should though try to read upon on the dictionary what words "fair" and "deserving" mean

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]" Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the one that was claiming Spooner was more NHL ready than Seguin during the preseason?Forgive me for devaluing your opinion ever since." If you go by on a fair system that whoever does best during camp should make the team, Spooner should have made it before Seguin. Caron should have made it before Seguin.  Spooner would have not fared any worst than Seguin right now.  By potential (ie 400 horses, sport tuned suspension, made of high quality materials) i don't think anyone comes to Seguin, not even Hall. But he hasn't put it together good enough to make it work in the nhl. Out of camp assessment, Caron and Spooner were compatible. Seguin has been riding the potential horse since trainning camp.  You can devalue my opinion all you want. I can care less. You should though try to read upon on the dictionary what words "fair" and "deserving" mean
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Would you just listen to yourself?I'm trying to be open minded with you and you're opinions but it's getting harder.One big difference between you and I is that I couldn't care less what you thought although I'm glad to hear that you don't totally dismiss my opinions.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

No one should be asking if Seguin is a bust for AT LEAST two years.

The worst thing anyone could do to this kid right now is be impatient. Move on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Now he's abust because people arent buying his jerseys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, Nash99, Everytime you post you insult the game of hockey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin imo really shouldn't have made the team this season. Just because forcing Stamkos to adapt to the nhl has worked for Tampa , it doesn't mean it will work for all rookies. (sometimes it backfires) Everyones excuse in this thread is, well he is only 18 (so he can't be blamed). The nhl is not a ground for experimenting. The best players who can help the team should be on the ice.  Seguin could of gone back to the Juniors, tried to help his team get further in the playoffs, make team Canada to experience what stressful hockey at his level was all about Instead now he looks lost out there, passes the puck too quickly at times , tries to do too much, lots of mistakes and is at the mercy at opposing players instead of the opposing players having a heck of a day trying to contain him His play as a 18-19 year old in the nhl has been really disappointing. I never felt like that about Skinner, Crosby, Stamkos, Caron, Bergeron, Kampfer in their very first year in the nhl I really hope Seguin turns out to be a big deal everyone claims he will be. Lets not be stupid though and believe he is a sure bet to be great
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Ummm, Seguin has never been as good of a scorer as Skinner, and it's unlikely he will in his prime years. They play different styles. In juniors, Seguin, although not an overpowering defensive presence, was better in the defensive zone than Skinner. Seguin was more of a playmaker than Skinner, and has more speed. Skinner was surrounded by better players than Seguin was in juniors. A lot of people said that Skinner was the best goal scorer in this entire draft, including Taylor Hall.

They have different attributes and play different styles.

As far as the NHL, Skinner has played with better players and gotten more ice time. He's played with Jokinen, Staal, Cole, Larose and Ruutu at different times this year, whether it be on the power play or different line combinations.

It takes time to pan out.