Is Seguin Developing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Is Seguin Developing?

Seguin 2 biggest issues is adjusting to nhl hockey pace and being weak. He needs to workout hard this off summer like Stamkos and try to build strength. I couldn't count on how many occasions he has been bullied out of a puck possession on both ends of the ice.

Other than these issues he has come as advertised. Excellent speed, shot (should be a canon once he strengthens up), and looks like a smart player 

He is lastly best suited for the wing position. His defensive play and passing capabilities are mediocre.

He reminds me big time of Mason Raymond

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is Seguin Developing?:
    Just one game with over 15 minutes of ice time and you wont believe your eyes ....but for a 1st year ..its always like that not only in Boston ...PK Subban has been a healthy scratch for the last three games in Montreal and the fans are going nuts about this .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Imagine the uproar if Seguin was scratched even once.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

I know that Ryder has been playing better this year, but overall he is inconsistent. I would much rather have Seguin, Rex and Savard on the powerplay. I think that by doing this our powerplay would improve. Ryder just doesnt do it for me and never has, but he will continue to get the PP time cause hes CJ's boy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Ryder should not be on with Seguin and Savard. Savard and Ryder experiment was a big failure. Bruins should instead put Wheeler on the wing and personally i would love them to try to put bergeron with savard and seguin.

We would have two offensive powerhouse lines and a third line that wouldn't be a liability in ryder wheeler and recchi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Is Seguin Developing?:
    This isn't an attempt to complain about Seguin or bash Claude Julien, but I watched the Oilers game last night and was so impressed with Taylor Hall's apparent confidence and strength on the puck.  He was really taking the initiative, holding the puck, and seemed like a scoring threat on most shifts.  He looks so much better already than he did at the start of the season.  I thought the same thing watching Jeff Skinner recently. I much as I really like Seguin, I have to admit to myself that I don't see that progress in him.  He still looks timid with the puck and he gets rid of it almost immediately (which is fine when he shoots).  He seems to get outmuscled easily and relies on his linemates an awful lot to keep possesion.  I don't think he has earned the right to get a lot more playing time, but at the same time, his confidence isn't going to improve on the bench.  I was wondering what other people think about his development? Again, I am not trashing the kid, he's just fine, but if you watch Taylor Hall he seems to be growing and improving at a much faster level then Seguin.
    Posted by Fletcher1

You've really opened a can of worms with this one Fletch.Interesting to see such diverse opinions on the same player/situation.A very fine question.Well done and keep up the good posts.I'm starting to like you more than RMiller.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Seguin 2 biggest issues is adjusting to nhl hockey pace and being weak. He needs to workout hard this off summer like Stamkos and try to build strength. I couldn't count on how many occasions he has been bullied out of a puck possession on both ends of the ice. Other than these issues he has come as advertised. Excellent speed, shot (should be a canon once he strengthens up), and looks like a smart player  He is lastly best suited for the wing position. His defensive play and passing capabilities are mediocre. He reminds me big time of Mason Raymond
    Posted by yaz16

I'm not sure what you've been watching or how much you know about body mass and physical development.  He is 18.  Which means at this point he is still physically maturing and yet to put on the true dense muscle that comes in your college years.  At the combine his physical ability ranked at the tops and I can tell you from seeing him live he is much bigger then you would think..in fact his size is comparable to Evander Kane.  The argument you might want to make and one I would agree with would be that he needs to learn to use his speed and strength.  After all Krejci might be the weakest player on the B's and he can hold on to the puck for days.
    As for the comment concerning his play on wing versus center I couldn't disagree more.  The kid is a natural.  He sees the ice not just with his eyes but with his knowledge of where players should be.  His passing in my view top notch...always placing the puck where the scorer can do something with it...I've watched him feed Ryder over and over with out result.  I do however think that wing is a fine spot for his development this year...so he can learn the pace, the responsibilities, and what kind of moves he can get away with or be effective with on the offensive end.
    I don't see any sign of Seguin not being the player he was packaged to be.  A future all-star and 1st line center.  It's too bad Boston fans so often eat their own in particular their young.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Is Seguin Developing? : You've really opened a can of worms with this one Fletch.Interesting to see such diverse opinions on the same player/situation.A very fine question.Well done and keep up the good posts.I'm starting to like you more than RMiller.....
    Posted by dezaruchi

Well, that is high praise indeed dez.  Thanks for your thoughts and everyone else's.  A lot to think about and a lot of good points I hadn't thought of.  Can't wait to see Seguin really turn it on and become a complete player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

In Response to Re: Is Seguin Developing? : I'm not sure what you've been watching or how much you know about body mass and physical development.  He is 18.  Which means at this point he is still physically maturing and yet to put on the true dense muscle that comes in your college years.  At the combine his physical ability ranked at the tops and I can tell you from seeing him live he is much bigger then you would think..in fact his size is comparable to Evander Kane.  The argument you might want to make and one I would agree with would be that he needs to learn to use his speed and strength.  After all Krejci might be the weakest player on the B's and he can hold on to the puck for days. As for the comment concerning his play on wing versus center I couldn't disagree more.  The kid is a natural.  He sees the ice not just with his eyes but with his knowledge of where players should be.  His passing in my view top notch...always placing the puck where the scorer can do something with it...I've watched him feed Ryder over and over with out result.  I do however think that wing is a fine spot for his development this year...so he can learn the pace, the responsibilities, and what kind of moves he can get away with or be effective with on the offensive end. I don't see any sign of Seguin not being the player he was packaged to be.  A future all-star and 1st line center.  It's too bad Boston fans so often eat their own in particular their young.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Agree completely on this with you TuukkainNet.  Seguin is a natural centre and should not be made a winger.  As for his physicality?  Seguin plays a finess, perimeter-type game, unlike Hall who has a much more physical component to his game.  As Seguin continues to develop physically, I think you'll see him a little stronger on the puck...but I'm not too concerned about this aspect of his game right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Thornton, yes thornton, had almost 3 minutes more ice time than Seguin. I'm very concerned with Seguin's development and I feel Julien does not know how to develop young Talent. I understand Seguin may have made a bad pass or 2 tonight, but how do you get better playing your unnatural position and only 9:54 of total ice time?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=301209001

Sections
Shortcuts