Is Seguin Hurt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Is Seguin Hurt?

Just heard that he is not playing tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Re: Is Seguin Hurt?

I heard it is an attendance (discipline) issue per Naoko sp on NESN.

No other comments.
    Update that he had missed the team breakfast and that it wasn't the first time.

In Response to Is Seguin Hurt?:
    [QUOTE]Just heard that he is not playing tonight.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Is Seguin Hurt?:
    [QUOTE]Just heard that he is not playing tonight.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Apparently the kid needs a new alarm clock. Missed breakfast and a morning meeting. Lets hope he was at least in his room this morning. He did not look happy in the press box tonight. Hopefully a lesson learned. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Maybe if Segan has a problem with waking up the guys should try to help him get to where he has to be.  This type of thing disrupts all the lines and the Bruins lose a threat on the ice and as we see can end up in loses. I hope all the Bruins help him not to let this happen again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Is Seguin Hurt?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe if Segan has a problem with waking up the guys should try to help him get to where he has to be.  This type of thing disrupts all the lines and the Bruins lose a threat on the ice and as we see can end up in loses. I hope all the Bruins help him not to let this happen again.
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

As nice as that would be for them all to do that its technically not their job to be babysitting. If he regularly misses meetings because he was out late then a little tough love isn't the worst thing.

This in no way is supposed to come off as a bash on Seguin as I think he is a future star and am very happy he is on our team, but every once in awhile if a problem comes up it needs to be corrected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Have you ever watched Dr Phil? When you accommodate an annoying behavior you only encourage it. If you want someone to stop something you don't like, you give it severe consequence. Since Tyler now knows that sleeping in will result in not playing in the game (even if he's playing well and the team has a streak on the line), he will adjust his own behavior and wake up like a grown up.

[QUOTE]Maybe if Segan has a problem with waking up the guys should try to help him get to where he has to be.  This type of thing disrupts all the lines and the Bruins lose a threat on the ice and as we see can end up in loses. I hope all the Bruins help him not to let this happen again.
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No.

It's one persons job to get Tyler Seguin to where he's supposed to be. He's not asked to fly the jet, carry all the gear or cook the inflight meals. He has one job; show up and work hard. You can't do the second half if you haven't done the first, he didn't do the first. He's supposed to be a grown up.

Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Lets remember that he is still a kid...A college aged kid. What Claude did was right (did I just say that?). Sit him down for a game, and the kid will learn to wake up a little earlier next time.  My guess? He probably stayed up too late playing modern warfare or something.  He's not a bad kid, not a bad attitude, he made a college aged kid mistake.  He would be a sophmore in college right now..do you remember getting up to make it to every class all the time?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Lets remember that he is still a kid...A college aged kid. What Claude did was right (did I just say that?). Sit him down for a game, and the kid will learn to wake up a little earlier next time.  My guess? He probably stayed up too late playing modern warfare or something.  He's not a bad kid, not a bad attitude, he made a college aged kid mistake.  He would be a sophmore in college right now..do you remember getting up to make it to every class all the time?
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

Let me start by saying I am in no way attacking your post, it just fits best with my thoughts. 
    I keep reading things like Tyler's a good kid, he will learn, or on the other end of the continuum, he's a drunkin' fool with a different teenpuck in his bed every night. 
    We have no idea what he's like from watching a few interviews.   The people close to him know and know what he needs. Let's let Claude and his Dad take care of the discipline and let's just focus on how he's playing. 
    On that note, he was heading up ice on Pitt's goal Monday night, the play was heading the other way.  Not sure if Cooke was his man or not, but he got caught and the result was an odd man rush and a goal.  Maybe loosing focus on the system a little?  Looking to produce offense due to the mini-slump?  Let's see if he has new fire under his butt after the benching. 

Sections
Shortcuts