Is the offense better this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Is the offense better this year?

The funny thing is, there is there is still a lot of room to improve. If they can get Savard, Horton, Krejci, etc. rolling, they can be one of the better offensive teams out there.

Facts and perception don't always jibe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

slightly better, the fact is we still lose most games because we score to few, not because of goaltending etc.. 3 of thomas's 4 losses the bruins were shut out in..

The team has more capability this year, but equally inconsistant..

The biggest improvement is differential, and i guess that matters the most right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's a wopping +30 Roler as I've been watching it all season. Now that Rask has got his Finish mojo back in a bottle around his neck. The next thing to fix is the PP if the Bruins can get it up to say 21% where it was when Savard was healthy last year the Bruins offense would be in business.

Teams don't fear the Bruins defense in the offensive zone. Not talking about defensive zone breakouts or crisp passing to get the forwards in deep but opposing forwards just about laughing at Boston blueliners as they wind up.

I don't care if the blueliner that Chiarelli brings in can't skate but when that defender starts to come in and deliver the goalie knows this particular Defenseman can put it away. The Bruins don't have that guy and a veteran dman needs to go to bring that offensive minded blueliner in for the PP.

Two of my favorite Bruins teams the 90' and 91' versions had the best PK and PP or very near the top. Jordan Leopold is not top notch but he is having a great year, wouldn't cost much, isn't highly paid and PC has the picks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Qualitatively it is the youth in the lineup. Marchand is turning out to be a great pro and it is equally exciting to see Seguin playing with creativity these last few games. Likewise Kampfer has been a nice addition. Let's also not forget that Colbourne is having a decent season down on the farm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Significantly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I think the b's have lots of room to improve "as is", and don't see the upside to any big moves right away.
    My main concern is Savard's chance of returning to himself, and Krejki becoming a career Craig Janney.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Correct me if I am wrong Bookboy but most of this team's loses have come in close games and are rarely "out of it".

I think this team always had a great offense and was 1 forward away from top-notch "O" and have him now in Horton. They still need that #2 D-man (Seidenberg is not a #2) and have GREAT goaltending.

With balanced scoring and the #2 D-man they could make a legit run at the cup provided they all play to their potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

I don't get to see many games. I live in FL. Gotta watch on VS channel. Sometimes I get a game on FSN (Lightning or Panthers). The games I've watched, the offense "looks better". Even the games they've lost, the offense looks better. More energy.
    My observations only in comparison to what I saw last year. They seem to be playing more as a unit. Maybe because they're healthier. Tough to say why.
    The only knocks I have on them is when they try to protect a lead and they give up any momentum they may have and when they try to make those damned long stretch passes.
    Their offense just looks better this year.

Gar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It would be allot better if Horton could find the damn net man is he snake bitten Fudge!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yes. Better this year. Not great, not even that good, but better.

Sections
Shortcuts