Is There a Better 2nd Line Out There?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Is There a Better 2nd Line Out There?

The bottom six is where the help is needed, as we've been commenting for the last 5 weeks. If McDermid and Johnson aren't good enough to fill in, then they should be replaced. Pandolfo isn't really the answer, but he does contribute with defensive awareness when he does play. Kelly's line is big enough and fast enough, and Perhaps,without Bourque, more responsible. Cannot agree with Claude's love affair with the "Merlot" line. Just like Kelly trying to "cover" for Bourque, Campbell, feisty but small, is constantly forced to "cover' for Thornton. Let's not forget that the defense , as a whole, is not solid. Hamilton is still learning, and makes mistakes like not covering[ checking] Grobovski last night. Ference and Seids are smart, but are showing their "time in service' and impact of old injuries; and the old habit of holding the puck too long is reappearing too often

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

The bottom six is where the help is needed, as we've been commenting for the last 5 weeks. If McDermid and Johnson aren't good enough to fill in, then they should be replaced. Pandolfo isn't really the answer, but he does contribute with defensive awareness when he does play. Kelly's line is big enough and fast enough, and Perhaps,without Bourque, more responsible. Cannot agree with Claude's love affair with the "Merlot" line. Just like Kelly trying to "cover" for Bourque, Campbell, feisty but small, is constantly forced to "cover' for Thornton. Let's not forget that the defense , as a whole, is not solid. Hamilton is still learning, and makes mistakes like not covering[ checking] Grobovski last night. Ference and Seids are smart, but are showing their "time in service' and impact of old injuries; and the old habit of holding the puck too long is reappearing too often

Are your buttons sticking on your keyboard ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I have said this a few times already but I believe PC is going to go for it this season. He has the cap space (this season only) and the core. Next season will be a different team due to the constricting cap. Can't keep everyone. So this is the year.....

you absolutely can keep everyone next year. PC set himself up well.

Sorry, no PC can't. Not with the cap contracting to 64 million and Horton and both goalies needing to be re-signed. Just not possible. Unless everyone takes a paycut and that just is not happening, even with putting Savard on LTIR. This is the year...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I have said this a few times already but I believe PC is going to go for it this season. He has the cap space (this season only) and the core. Next season will be a different team due to the constricting cap. Can't keep everyone. So this is the year.....

you absolutely can keep everyone next year. PC set himself up well.

Sorry, no PC can't. Not with the cap contracting to 64 million and Horton and both goalies needing to be re-signed. Just not possible. Unless everyone takes a paycut and that just is not happening, even with putting Savard on LTIR. This is the year...

I think Khudo is as good as gone anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

More than likely. He is not young and there are plenty of teams ready to overspend to get a solid goalie (CBJ, EDM, etc). I am sure the B's can find an adequete replacement not named Alex Auld....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

More than likely. He is not young and there are plenty of teams ready to overspend to get a solid goalie (CBJ, EDM, etc). I am sure the B's can find an adequete replacement not named Alex Auld....

I'm also basing this on the fact he said he's leaning towards a future in the KHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I'm also basing this on the fact he said he's leaning towards a future in the KHL.

I did not hear that. Looks like Stanley is going to have to find another player to have a man-crush on.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In the 1980s, the third line wasn't quite as good as that second line, and you didn't get that kick you get out of the first line...Oh wait, this isn't a Cocaine Anoymous forum...sorry.