Is there any team playing better right now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Is there any team playing better right now?

.....then the Leafs!  Veniza/Calder  goaltending from Reimer, Norris Trophy defense from Schenn (followed closely by Dion), 4 20-goal scoers (3 potential 30-goal scorers), 2-way play by your favorite son, Phil Kessel.....I could go on and on.................LOL.  If we hadn't squandered those 5 points to the Bruins (or all the other points in the 1st 50 games).

Joking aside.......that was a totally dominant game by the Bruins.  With Pronger out in Philly, Ovie out (not sure why), Crosby and Malkin out in Pittsburg, there is a great window of opportunity for the Bruins to make it to the finals this year! 

A legitimate 1st line in Krecji, Horton (not a big fan of his, but I have to give him credit for raising his game since he's come to the Bruins) and Lucic (one of the best young power forwards in the league); best defenceman in the league and it looks like Kaberle is coming along nicely (I knew he'd be a good fit here).  With all the talk about the goaltending woes lately, didn't look too bad last night...

Habs, by the way, looked bad against Buffalo and even worse last night, but that was more to do with the Bruins completely dominating them all over the ice.

Should be a nice ride, Bruin Fans....

Cheers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Is there any team playing better right now?

LRH...you should have a sit down with some of the posters here and point out the leafs have gone as long as the b's w/o a cup. yet SOMEHOW you remain positive and objective. i just read on another thread "i'm still bracing for a 1st round exit". the leafs are playing well right now, but is it to little-too late? if they do make the dance, they will have entered as one of the hottest teams in the league. as for the b's...i bought my bus ticket in october and will enjoy the ride! i gotta feeling the b's might even move up in the east to the 2nd spot...we'll see

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Re: Is there any team playing better right now?

In Response to Re: Is there any team playing better right now?:
    [QUOTE]LRH...you should have a sit down with some of the posters here and point out the leafs have gone as long as the b's w/o a cup. yet SOMEHOW you remain positive and objective. i just read on another thread "i'm still bracing for a 1st round exit". the leafs are playing well right now, but is it to little-too late? if they do make the dance, they will have entered as one of the hottest teams in the league. as for the b's...i bought my bus ticket in october and will enjoy the ride! i gotta feeling the b's might even move up in the east to the 2nd spot...we'll see
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Adkbeesfan...

I try to be objective, but yeah, I bleed blue and white......and for the last 40+ years I'm simply just bleeding.............ha ha

I like where our team is going, we still need a few more parts to be truely competitive, but it's getting there. 

To answer your question, it is definitely too little too late.  I'm a bit surprised with the run because we traded away Veersteg , Kaberle and Beauchamin (all good deals for the Leafs, Kaberle was a good deal for the Bruins (win-win) and got back 2 1st rounders (late albeit), Colborne a former 1st-rounder, Gardiner (a former 7th overall pick), a 3rd rounder and possibly another 2nd rounder from the Bruins if they resign Kabby and Lupal which has really impressed me since he's come over here.  The Leafs are 2nd youngest in the league and they have been building depth in the minors.

We'll see how it starts next year.  They've been entertaining and hard working so at least it's been fun watching them.

Would rather be in your shoes right now though..........cheers

Sections
Shortcuts