Is there anyone on this board that...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Is there anyone on this board that...

really thinks the Bruins are capable of repeating as Stanley Cup Champs? I know that anything can happen in the playoff's but I don't see it happening, I sure hope that I'm wrong!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Re: Is there anyone on this board that...

Can they repeat? This bruins team 100% healthy is a top3 team in the league. If Seguin )rejci lucic and thomas all get hot and horton is back at 100% they are top contenders imo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Is there anyone on this board that...:
    [QUOTE]really thinks the Bruins are capable of repeating as Stanley Cup Champs? I know that anything can happen in the playoff's but I don't see it happening, I sure hope that I'm wrong!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]
    I absolutely think they can. The only place the Champs are being written off is on this forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

A repeat can be done, the B's need to get healthy. Also, matchups in the playoffs are important, anything can happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that...:[QUOTE]A repeat can be done, the B's need to get healthy. Also, matchups in the playoffs are important, anything can happen.Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Most defenitely and why I voted yes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Is there anyone on this board that...:
    [QUOTE]really thinks the Bruins are capable of repeating as Stanley Cup Champs? I know that anything can happen in the playoff's but I don't see it happening, I sure hope that I'm wrong!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Not A Shot/Kevilana apparently thinks the deep seeded issues with this team are easily fixable and the Bs are a lock to win it all again, especially with Thomas's good goaltending the last 2 months.

I voted no after back to back weekends of subpar play backed with an odd arrogance from the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I would just say that even though they were up and down last year, I do not remember a time when they were just terrible like this for such a long, long stretch, coupled with injuries that they never dealt with last year.

Maybe everything turns around by playoff time... crazier things have happened... but if this team started the playoffs next week they would be playing golf before the end of March.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Every game that goes by, this team gets MORE injured. Today vs Pens, we could have lost McQuaid, Bergeron and Boychuk. At this rate, we won't even make the playoffs.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

This same poll done in December, would have had entirely different results.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that...:
    [QUOTE]This same poll done in December, would have had entirely different results.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Because we are talking about an entirely different team.

This isn't about how hard it is to repeat.  This is about a team in shambles, physically and emotionally.

Everyone is saying "when they are 100% healthy."  Well, they aren't, and they won't be.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : Yeah, i think people are leaning on the "healthy" card.  "Horton/Peverley will make all the difference."   But, I do like what the Pens are doing WITHOUT Crosby. Horton/Peverley are the great unknowns.  Giving up 4-5 goals a game is not a scoring problem, btw.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Good point, I do think this team is better with Horton and Peverley and would not be so inconsistent if those two were in there. Without Crosby your obviously missing the best in the game, but missing two key forwards upsets more than one line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Sorry -- hate to be the negative guy -- but -- NO WAY. They struggle vs bottom feeders in the league -- getting out hit, outskated and outplayed almost every game. Too many other stronger teams. The only stat they lead in on a regular basis is shots on goal -- many of them gimmes for the opposing goalie. I'm thankful for last years cup -- something I thought I would never see in my lifetime after following this team for 50 years -- but this is a 1 and done playoff team if I ever saw one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry -- hate to be the negative guy -- but -- NO WAY. They struggle vs bottom feeders in the league -- getting out hit, outskated and outplayed almost every game. Too many other stronger teams. The only stat they lead in on a regular basis is shots on goal -- many of them gimmes for the opposing goalie. I'm thankful for last years cup -- something I thought I would never see in my lifetime after following this team for 50 years -- but this is a 1 and done playoff team if I ever saw one.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

I know there is more evidence suggesting your right at this time, but I say they turn it around and just in time. Still a very good team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : Horton/Peverley are the great unknowns.  Giving up 4-5 goals a game is not a scoring problem, btw.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Not to me with Horton and Peverley the Bruins have better puck possession with all the lines clicking so that is defense. No way does Pittsburgh, New York, Ottawa, Philly nor New jersey have the puck against Boston as much when Horton and Peverley play. That's what made the Bruins so good in November and December.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : Because we are talking about an entirely different team. This isn't about how hard it is to repeat.  This is about a team in shambles, physically and emotionally. Everyone is saying "when they are 100% healthy."  Well, they aren't, and they won't be.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Sadly I'd have to say I 99.9% agree with you. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : it is not "Kevilana" it is Kelvana..perhaps if you had basic reading skills you would not sound like a "tool".
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I mispelled that on purpose, Kevi. I am going to start calling you Kevi. Has a nice ring to it for you. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

in order to logically look ahead, we must look back.  the b's were incredibly lucky to win the cup.  they were lucky!
    one can't argue that, however, the cup winner has to be lucky. 
    can that incredible fortune happen 2 years in a row?....me thinks no...but i'm hopeful.
    march is a terrible month to be a hockey fan.  the rangers are awfull, so is vancouver.  the only thing i'm pretty sure about...is that there is very little clarity regarding who's-who right now.  
    the b's certainly stink..thats hard to argue, but the prize isn't about winning or making predictions in march...the legitimacy of march, is that it's the last full month of training camp.
    our team could easily go out in round one...but then again..it's a long shot from certainty.
    the question we all need to answer is this.  is there a team out there...that the bruins absolutely, have no chance in hell of beating?
    think about it.  is there a team the bruins don't have a resonable shot at maybe beating?
     I'm of the feeling that boston has a reasonable chance of beating any team in the league..at any time.  b's fan or not...anyone who disagrees, doesn't know much about hockey.

so...as idiotic as it is to be cocky and predict greatness....it's equally stunned, to write this team off.

watch the games...and be entertained.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In the shaky state they're in they might be hard-pressed to win a game let alone a round but you never know what can occur once the playoffs hit.  The team appears to be limping towards the end of the regular season but I'd imagine there's playoff chops among the players presently active to get things sorted.  

Don't count on the injured.  It's an unrealistic reference that pre-supposes Peverley, Horton, etc. return to the lineup at or near the form they left it.  After being out so long no one could expect them to hit the ground running and carry on as they had pre-injury.  We know the Bruins know how to win.  Just not consistently at the moment.  Hopefully they use these remaining games to work things out.  Come the playoffs I say they can take it again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]in order to logically look ahead, we must look back.  the b's were incredibly lucky to win the cup.  they were lucky! one can't argue that, however, the cup winner has to be lucky.  can that incredible fortune happen 2 years in a row?....me thinks no...but i'm hopeful. march is a terrible month to be a hockey fan.  the rangers are awfull, so is vancouver.  the only thing i'm pretty sure about...is that there is very little clarity regarding who's-who right now.   the b's certainly stink..thats hard to argue, but the prize isn't about winning or making predictions in march...the legitimacy of march, is that it's the last full month of training camp. our team could easily go out in round one...but then again..it's a long shot from certainty. the question we all need to answer is this.  is there a team out there...that the bruins absolutely, have no chance in hell of beating? think about it.  is there a team the bruins don't have a resonable shot at maybe beating?  I'm of the feeling that boston has a reasonable chance of beating any team in the league..at any time.  b's fan or not...anyone who disagrees, doesn't know much about hockey. so...as idiotic as it is to be cocky and predict greatness....it's equally stunned, to write this team off. watch the games...and be entertained.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree here, i know as a fan that when the B's are ON their game there is not one team they can't beat in a 7 game series,no one.That being said,last year they were lucky, but all Cup winning teams need that.As far as injuries go,they were fortunate to go into the playoffs injury free.This year?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

That's what is so disturbing about the team's effort recently.  They should be playing more like a wounded animal and they aren't. 

Disturbing trends that have been embedded now for a while (since mid January).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from juicie. Show juicie's posts

In response to "Re: Is there anyone on this board that...": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : it is not "Kevilana" it is Kelvana..perhaps if you had basic reading skills you would not sound like a "tool". Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE] Your blow up doll is loosing air

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : it is not "Kevilana" it is Kelvana..perhaps if you had basic reading skills you would not sound like a "tool".
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

LOL... he's calling you a chick that's why.   

Sections
Shortcuts