Is there anyone on this board that...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Is there anyone on this board that...

In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that...:
    [QUOTE]That's what is so disturbing about the team's effort recently.  They should be playing more like a wounded animal and they aren't.  Disturbing trends that have been embedded now for a while (since mid January).
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Bruins don't have a Malkin to carry a team on his back.  I've said this many times on this forum; The Bruins are a team that gets their success playing by committee.  Right now there are too many links in their chain missing . 
    Repeat for the cup its hard to say yes . Do they have a chance ?  I say yes.  Winning it there are too many factors that can happen from here till the playoffs.

Vmax, you're missing another question in your survey therefore I cannot vote ys or no.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with IPOT. They do have a chance. Not because of Horton and Peverly alone. They need a resurgance of Thomas, and a clean, full recovery from Rask. Turco's puck handling put's Thomas's game in the back seat. Maybe Marty could have held them scoreless, but he didn't get much help, however it was a delight to see how he moves the puck. The defense is still not first class, and Chara emerges only sporadically, and sometimes plays like an extra-large and over-skilled bantam vs. young kids.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : Bruins don't have a Malkin to carry a team on his back.  I've said this many times on this forum; The Bruins are a team that gets their success playing by committee.  Right now there are too many links in their chain missing .  Repeat for the cup its hard to say yes . Do they have a chance ?  I say yes.  Winning it there are too many factors that can happen from here till the playoffs. Vmax, you're missing another question in your survey therefore I cannot vote ys or no.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Agree on the "links in the chain" concept.  It's what makes them a great TEAM when they're playing like one.

Some of it is absolutely injury related, but these last two games, IMO, are more about intensity and effort, channeling it for 60 minutes.

Look at the 4th line. It's nowhere near its capability without Paille. Sounds dumb, but it really isn't when you consider the chemistry on that line, which ties into the links in the chain idea.

No doubt.

I'd say that is different than the effort/intensity concept, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

With a healthy Horton, Peverly and Rask yes they can win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : LOL... he's calling you a chick that's why.   
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Went right over his Habs head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nullify. Show nullify's posts

The Bruins cannot beat 6 guys on the other side, 4 refs, a goal judge, the time keeper, the war room in Toronto and 29 other teams.  Almost impossible.  They were asleep at the switch when the Bruins won it last year, they will make sure it will not happen again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]With a healthy Horton, Peverly and Rask yes they can win.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Watch out Kevi will tell you your avatar is a 1980s denim clad loser from Guns and Roses.

As for Horton, if that guy can come back, it woud really be huge. He's sort of the key to the whole thing, but I sadly don't expect him back and to be the normal Horton.

Peverley, yes.  Rask? I am not sure why he's important when we know this is all about Thomas anyway. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone on this board that... : I mispelled that on purpose, Kevi. I am going to start calling you Kevi. Has a nice ring to it for you. 
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Is there anyone on this board that...:
    [QUOTE]really thinks the Bruins are capable of repeating as Stanley Cup Champs? I know that anything can happen in the playoff's but I don't see it happening, I sure hope that I'm wrong!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]
    I think they'll get to the Conference Final, so yes, I think they can win the Cup again this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]in order to logically look ahead, we must look back.  the b's were incredibly lucky to win the cup.  they were lucky! one can't argue that, however, the cup winner has to be lucky.  can that incredible fortune happen 2 years in a row?....me thinks no...but i'm hopeful. march is a terrible month to be a hockey fan.  the rangers are awfull, so is vancouver.  the only thing i'm pretty sure about...is that there is very little clarity regarding who's-who right now.   the b's certainly stink..thats hard to argue, but the prize isn't about winning or making predictions in march...the legitimacy of march, is that it's the last full month of training camp. our team could easily go out in round one...but then again..it's a long shot from certainty. the question we all need to answer is this.  is there a team out there...that the bruins absolutely, have no chance in hell of beating? think about it.  is there a team the bruins don't have a resonable shot at maybe beating?  I'm of the feeling that boston has a reasonable chance of beating any team in the league..at any time.  b's fan or not...anyone who disagrees, doesn't know much about hockey. so...as idiotic as it is to be cocky and predict greatness....it's equally stunned, to write this team off. watch the games...and be entertained.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Steve, the Bruins don't have a reasonable chance of beating the Rangers. You asked. I'm just sayin'.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

it is so hard for teams to repeat.  Bruins finished playing in June, then had a long party.  The bruins are playing flat and uninspired.  Moreover, the injuries are stacking up...all signgs of a team that is tired.  

Can this team repeat?  Yes, if we have all our player back within the next 2-3 weeks; otherwise...forget about it.  You cannot win the cup with so many AHL players in your lineup.  

However, next year, I think that this team will be unstopable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

they are playing like a wounded animal, despite a previous poster's comment and like I said on another thread, there's the smell of blood and healthier players are going to go in for the kill. outsiders POV, the team has the reputation of being physical and dirty - the other teams figured out how to beat them at their own game. it was just a matter of time. this team only seems to work as a team, to me (and again outside view) they don't adjust well when key players are missing and it just throws their timing off. Then they are getting frustrated because their style of play isn't working and they seem to become more defensive than offensive. Will they go all the way? Probably not, it's easier to be a contender than a defender sometimes. But if they shake off this funk, I think they are going to give some teams a good fight and I'd put my money on them anytime. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think they have a very good chance to repeat, as good as any team in recent times. People are dwelling too much on their recent losses. When they are playing well, they a step above pretty much anyone else in the league. Vancouver is better than last year and would be a challenge. St Louis and Detroit are very good. Pittsburgh is outstanding and if Crosby is healthy they could really give Boston a go. But the Bruins are probably the best all-around team in the league and definitely the deepest. The key, really, is health. They miss the moxy that Horton brings and Peverley is sorely missed on the third line. With those guys back it's difficult to defend against three waves of skill and creativity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Yes - because:

1. The D pairings will change

2. Thomas still has the ability to steal a game any time in a series

3. While the Bs are certainly inconsistent, they provide a matchup problem for other teams looking to win 4 of 7 from them.

4. Peverly's return has an immediate impact on many of the lines:

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly
    Rolston-Kelly-Caron
    Paille-Campbell-Pouliot

Chara-Seids
    Boychuck-Ference
    McQuaid-Zanon

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I agree with asmaha.

We need just one of our forwards back to reconfigure the lines.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

With the current line up, I voted NO. And by current, I did not include Bergy, or Mcquaid in the current lineup since they were hurt last night. And same goes with the other injured players. If they can get back the team or close to it, minus Horton, then yes they have a chance to repeat, But without Paille, Pevs, Bergy, Mcquaid, & Horton, I just dont see it happening. Still doesnt mean I wont root for them, but they have an uphill battle and time is running out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]With the current line up, I voted NO. And by current, I did not include Bergy, or Mcquaid in the current lineup since they were hurt last night. And same goes with the other injured players. If they can get back the team or close to it, minus Horton, then yes they have a chance to repeat, But without Paille, Pevs, Bergy, Mcquaid, & Horton, I just dont see it happening. Still doesnt mean I wont root for them, but they have an uphill battle and time is running out.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]
    Very sensible post Bgrif.