Is This Guy for Real?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Is This Guy for Real?

Jagr's post game quotes:

"I knew it was coming," Jagr said about the pass from Brad Marchand. "They always said, 'You've got to drive to the net,' and now I understand why they were saying that, and I never really drive to the net, now I know why. If I knew it when I was 20, I would have 100 more goals by now."

Jagr said he barely slept the past two nights. He was extremely hard on himself in the postgame scrum after he logged 19:12 of ice time and fired five shots on goal.

"I told them [linemates Marchand and Tyler Seguin], 'I've got to get better.' I felt bad for them they had to play with me, but I've got to get better. That's for sure," Jagr said.

Unreal....talk about complete accountability for his play and high expectations.

This guy is going to do wonders for this team in the dreesing room and on the ice.

What a pick up!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Is This Guy for Real?

In terms of attitude, I don't think you can ask for anything more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He was one of the best forwards on the ice last night.

What can we expect when he has a "good" game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ok...so it's been discussed ad nauseum around here, but I love having this guy play with Marchand and Seguin. Those two have been able to play and learn from one of the bests (Bergeron) when it comes to positioning and responsibility. Now Jagr comes in and amplifies that with his focus on simplifying the offensive game. It's perfect for those two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

i thought he played well...

He brings a different skillset  to the lineup..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I said this when the deal was made.  Hes having fun and is team first over self. There is a reason philly wanted him back.  Hes awesome.  His hands and hockey knowledge is top notch.  If this line plays well i have no problem with bergie centering kelly pev.  Bergie makes everyone better.  

Im glad jagr is a bruin.  I think hes a better fit for what we needed.  Skill, leadership, ability to run a pp.  his love of the game will get these guys motivated.  I hope he comes back next year as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think we owe Shero a big thank you for taking Iginla off the table and "forcing" PC to "settle" for Jagr.

Really.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Ok...so it's been discussed ad nauseum around here, but I love having this guy play with Marchand and Seguin. Those two have been able to play and learn from one of the bests (Bergeron) when it comes to positioning and responsibility. Now Jagr comes in and amplifies that with his focus on simplifying the offensive game. It's perfect for those two.

Great post. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Someone print that stuff out and mail it to Fat and Horton!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Jagr's post game quotes:

"I knew it was coming," Jagr said about the pass from Brad Marchand. "They always said, 'You've got to drive to the net,' and now I understand why they were saying that, and I never really drive to the net, now I know why. If I knew it when I was 20, I would have 100 more goals by now."

Jagr said he barely slept the past two nights. He was extremely hard on himself in the postgame scrum after he logged 19:12 of ice time and fired five shots on goal.

"I told them [linemates Marchand and Tyler Seguin], 'I've got to get better.' I felt bad for them they had to play with me, but I've got to get better. That's for sure," Jagr said.

Unreal....talk about complete accountability for his play and high expectations.

This guy is going to do wonders for this team in the dreesing room and on the ice.

What a pick up!!

Yes, the team now has a new Recchi presence. (with world class skill) There is no doubt in my mind that the whole team will pick it up! (can't let an old timer show them up! (tee-hee)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

going up to Montreal tommorow night for the game..

I have to say i was pretty stoked to begin with but really looking forward to seeing him play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Someone print that stuff out and mail it to Fat and Horton!

Hopefully they were listening in the locker room at the time....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We saw what jagr did for giroux hartnell.  Kinda similar players with seguin and marchand.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

going up to Montreal tommorow night for the game..

I have to say i was pretty stoked to begin with but really looking forward to seeing him play.

It would be terrific if Jagr brings his "A" game with him on saturday....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Fun stat:

Jagr needs only 2 more gwg's to have the most all-time.

Hope one comes tomorrow....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I would love nothing more than for him to collect a couple of goals and the Bruins leave the Montreal in first place!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

This said, and sorry to drag up more commentary on lines, but if/when Bergeron comes back it begs the question. Wouldn't Jagr have a similar impact on anyone he plays with? If Bergeron can't come back, then I think they've got it right. But if he does return, I don't want to see Jagr on the 3rd. I'd like to see 3 balanced lines each with speed, skill and net-front presence:

Marchand-Krejci-Jagr

Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin

Peverly-Kelly-Horton

Thornton-Campbell-Paille

Daug is #13. Spooner #14. Pandawful and Caron sit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This said, and sorry to drag up more commentary on lines, but if/when Bergeron comes back it begs the question. Wouldn't Jagr have a similar impact on anyone he plays with? If Bergeron can't come back, then I think they've got it right. But if he does return, I don't want to see Jagr on the 3rd. I'd like to see 3 balanced lines each with speed, skill and net-front presence:

Marchand-Krejci-Jagr

Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin

Peverly-Kelly-Horton

Thornton-Campbell-Paille

The answer is yes and I do agree Jagr should be playing with Krecji...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Marchand-Krejci-Jagr

Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin

Peverly-Kelly-Horton

Thornton-Campbell-Paille

im keeping bergies line together.  Im putting jagr on dks line and horton with kelly.  

Im sticking ST up in the press box.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

He was one of the best forwards on the ice last night.

What can we expect when he has a "good" game?

he made some passes in front that were almost gimmee goals. Jagr may end up like Selanne in terms of being a consistent scorer late in his career. I can't be more thrilled than by getting him on the team in the Cup drive. He's that veteran presence you want in the lockerroom, the guy who can really make a difference on the PP. Recchi and Rolston were guys who make a difference in some areas, Jagr makes a profound difference on the offensive end of the ice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Marchand-Krejci-Jagr

Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin

Peverly-Kelly-Horton

Thornton-Campbell-Paille

Hey, the new player Daugvains(sp) played well last night in his role.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:

Marchand-Krejci-Jagr

Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin

Peverly-Kelly-Horton

Thornton-Campbell-Paille

Hey, the new player Daugvains(sp) played well last night in his role.

Hes going on the 4th line over ST.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

If Bergy and kelly come back and are healthy for the playoffs, By adding Jagr to the line up

even know he is only one player it seems to change everything.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hes going on the 4th line over ST.  

You prefer a bark on the bench over a growl?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

he made some passes in front that were almost gimmee goals. Jagr may end up like Selanne in terms of being a consistent scorer late in his career. I can't be more thrilled than by getting him on the team in the Cup drive. He's that veteran presence you want in the lockerroom, the guy who can really make a difference on the PP. Recchi and Rolston were guys who make a difference in some areas, Jagr makes a profound difference on the offensive end of the ice.

He already is Selanne like, he's had solid numbers since his KHL return. I thought that we've missed Recchi's presence since he retired. I think Jagr finally fills that void.