IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? BRUINS ARE THE LAST LINE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? BRUINS ARE THE LAST LINE?

ITS been a nice run fellow boston fans but me thinks the peak days are OVER for now. the sox linda lovelace-like choke job last night signals a major shift in our fate going forward. the pats havent won anything since 2004 and have grown progressively softer to the point where even the raiders are going to run wild all over them and treat them like a $2 street hore this weekend. the sox.. need i say more. yesterday and this month speaks volumes. we likely are going to lose all the stability and intellectual capital of the past few years as heads will roll and a new philosophy will likely be implemented going forward. its funny how much the yanks this year remind me of the old sawx and how we looked worse than the old big-spending low-return corporate yanks. 

the bruins? last year was a feel-good story. they should be competitive but hockey is tough to repeat in and we are just one tim thomas concussion away from falling to mediocre staus. they wont sneak up on anyone this year. of all the boston team, they are the best positioned though to continue their run and the championship tradition. the celtics? oh my! they are in the WORSE position pf all the boston teams. who knows how long the lockout will go on and none of those guys are getting any younger or better? 

in many ways, what made all 4 teams great is exactly what is making them decline. first of other teams are are emulating everything we did best and are always in the process of hiring or poaching one of our coaches or front office guys, and trying to duplicate the winning principles and strategies. but there has also been a de facto arrogance (to be expected) that has set in. these guys were generally viewed as the smartest guys in the room and willing to make the tough decisions. with that bar set so high, they have all tried to top themselves at the expense of grasping or balancing the relational and passion aspects. 

look at the celtics last year in the kendrick jabbar-chamberlain perkins trade. he wasnt a great talent but brought in tangibles of passion and chemistry that no computer could ever appreciate, which clearly contributed not only to wins but tough attrtional wins! look at the pats, that seymour trade still haunts us. every old guy like a bruschi swears by him and his legit toughness, leadership and how he kept the ship together both on and off the field. that's a guy you pay the big $ tooand keep at all costs. no X and O can ever duplicate him... period! with the sox, the arrogance was with the johnny damon disrepectful offer, the indifference to guys like adrian beltre and jason bay (tough guys who proved they could handle the high pressure boston market) but gungho about computer-loving softies like edgar renteria, julio lugo, JD drew, on and on. 

its nice to have and keep the smarts and the computer coldness but its better to NEVER ignore the value of a blue-collar work ethic , impassioned chemistry and to always remember that the game is ultimately played by HUMANS not robots or computers! this PRESENT run is over. pats, celts and bruins arent going anywhere, just like the sawx anytime soon and not with the present strategic approaches. in 5 years, we could regain  the mojo and start another dynasty, but hey let's enjoy the ride anyways.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?

no

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As long as the Bruins are still competitive, I couldn't care less about the other three teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

The Bruins will be in the mix again this year & don't count the Patriots out just yet. Also, with the Red Sox's resources & some tweaking, they will at least be part of the conversation as far as the playoffs go for next season. I will agree with you however that the Celtics are in decline. With 7 championships in the last 10 years between the four teams, expectations are always going to be high. I don't think Boston sports teams are in as much of decline as you say they are. Although it is unrealistic to expect a championship every season from all 4 teams, I think 3 of the teams will be competitive for some time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Im with red, as long as the Bruins are competing well in the second season the rest of the sports can all fall away!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

whaaa, whaaa, whaaa the sky is falling, the world is coming to an end. 

So the Sox lost, who cares...I can't stay awake through a game anyway.  They had no heart, and no drive...and the game is as boreing as watching grass grow.  Common...4 hours for a game that has less than 10 min of actual "action."

As far as football, they have lost 1 game so far, and if I remember correctly, Didn't Brady give up 4 interceptions?  That was pretty much a fluke.

Celtics...thats easy, there won't be a season.

And the Bruins.....they haven't even played a game yet.

ITS TIME TO STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE AND GET A GRIP!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Put me down for another "don't care" on the other 3. I could care less about basketball and don't even consider baseball a sport. I will admit it's is a popular hobby, even more so than darts. Any game in which you can smoke or chew while participating.... Not a sport! As far as football goes, Go Steelers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I didn't know there was a Boston sports dynasty. If there is, how would it be over when the season hasnt even started for on of Boston teams as defending champs. I find you very strange.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

After winning 9 games the last month, what do the sox deserve?

Bring on the pucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Yes.  It's over.  Let's pack it in, and move to Detroit.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Dynasty's on hold:
    -No NBA, and even if there was, the Celtics would be a shadow of the team that won their lone title this decade 3 full seasons ago.
    -The Sox...what can be said? They haven't made the playoffs the last 2 seasons, lost in round 1 the year before that, and the less said about the last month, the better.
    -The Pats...first round losers the last 2 years, and they don't look likely to go much if any further this year unless they fix that D. And their last title is now almost 7 years ago.

The best chance for a Boston dynasty is if the Bruins keep winning them on their own.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

communist, you are quickly becoming one of, if not the worst poster on the boston.com forums

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

communist, you are quickly becoming one of, if not the worst poster on the boston.com forums

100% agree!

Lets try this again as well:  Are you a Girl or a Dude?  (Chic or a Dick?)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

When Bostonfan12313912 zings you, you suck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Dynasty?  The Sox haven't won a playoff game since 2008, the Pats haven't won since the game before they whiffed on the perfect season, and I couldn't care less about thug-ball.

Try to keep up.

Your threads are unbelievably bad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

At least the text didn't use CAPS and there was no soccer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Yeah, this Boston dynasty thing is made up by PR people and radio talkers -- leave the Bs out of it, please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Clearly this artard is not a fan of MLL. Boston Cannons woo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
    ITS been a nice run fellow boston fans but me thinks the peak days are OVER for now. the sox linda lovelace-like choke job last night signals a major shift in our fate going forward. the pats havent won anything since 2004 and have grown progressively softer to the point where even the raiders are going to run wild all over them and treat them like a $2 street hore this weekend. the sox.. need i say more. yesterday and this month speaks volumes. we likely are going to lose all the stability and intellectual capital of the past few years as heads will roll and a new philosophy will likely be implemented going forward. its funny how much the yanks this year remind me of the old sawx and how we looked worse than the old big-spending low-return corporate yanks.  the bruins? last year was a feel-good story. they should be competitive but hockey is tough to repeat in and we are just one tim thomas concussion away from falling to mediocre staus. they wont sneak up on anyone this year. of all the boston team, they are the best positioned though to continue their run and the championship tradition. the celtics? oh my! they are in the WORSE position pf all the boston teams. who knows how long the lockout will go on and none of those guys are getting any younger or better?  in many ways, what made all 4 teams great is exactly what is making them decline. first of other teams are are emulating everything we did best and are always in the process of hiring or poaching one of our coaches or front office guys, and trying to duplicate the winning principles and strategies. but there has also been a de facto arrogance (to be expected) that has set in. these guys were generally viewed as the smartest guys in the room and willing to make the tough decisions. with that bar set so high, they have all tried to top themselves at the expense of grasping or balancing the relational and passion aspects.  look at the celtics last year in the kendrick jabbar-chamberlain perkins trade. he wasnt a great talent but brought in tangibles of passion and chemistry that no computer could ever appreciate, which clearly contributed not only to wins but tough attrtional wins! look at the pats, that seymour trade still haunts us. every old guy like a bruschi swears by him and his legit toughness, leadership and how he kept the ship together both on and off the field. that's a guy you pay the big $ tooand keep at all costs. no X and O can ever duplicate him... period! with the sox, the arrogance was with the johnny damon disrepectful offer, the indifference to guys like adrian beltre and jason bay (tough guys who proved they could handle the high pressure boston market) but gungho about computer-loving softies like edgar renteria, julio lugo, JD drew, on and on.  its nice to have and keep the smarts and the computer coldness but its better to NEVER ignore the value of a blue-collar work ethic , impassioned chemistry and to always remember that the game is ultimately played by HUMANS not robots or computers! this PRESENT run is over. pats, celts and bruins arent going anywhere, just like the sawx anytime soon and not with the present strategic approaches. in 5 years, we could regain  the mojo and start another dynasty, but hey let's enjoy the ride anyways.  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Are you kidding me ????   The Bruins will win 3 Stanley Cup in a row and you are talking about the end of a dynasty ????   DUH ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
    In Response to IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? : Are you kidding me ????   The Bruins will win 3 Stanley Cup in a row and you are talking about the end of a dynasty ????   DUH ! ! ! Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Attaboy Stanley . You tell him/her.

Just a thought . Put Stanley and Communist Contrarian in a room alone and imagine the conversation. Two people talking but no one listening.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY?:
      the bruins? last year was a feel-good story. they should be competitive but hockey is tough to repeat in and we are just one tim thomas concussion away from falling to mediocre staus. they wont sneak up on anyone this year. of all the boston team, they are the best positioned though to continue their run and the championship tradition........in many ways, what made all 4 teams great is exactly what is making them decline. first of other teams are are emulating everything we did best and are always in the process of hiring or poaching one of our coaches or front office guys, and trying to duplicate the winning principles and strategies. but there has also been a de facto arrogance (to be expected) that has set in. these guys were generally viewed as the smartest guys in the room and willing to make the tough decisions. ..........pats, celts and bruins arent going anywhere, just like the sawx anytime soon and not with the present strategic approaches. in 5 years, we could regain  the mojo and start another dynasty, but hey let's enjoy the ride anyways.  

Tim Thomas getting a concussion and having his career ended is laughable. So is your view that the Bs are toast w/o him. They have Tukka who is the goalie of the future and the core of the team - Horton, Krejic, Bergeron, Seguin, Lucic,  and Marchand - are all well under 30. Chara and Thomas are the only old guys on the team and Chara will be a force for at least the next 4 years.

You can't put the Bruins, who just started to be a yearly contender, with the Pats, Celtics, & Sox who are all on the back 9.

Please keep your posts off this thread. You may be a Boston sports fan but in no way are you a Bruins or a hockey fan.

Scram please.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? BRUINS ARE OUR LAST HOPE?

At least the text didn't use CAPS and there was no soccer.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL
    HOPE SOLO WILL NOT APPRECIATE YOU TAKING SHOTS AT ME!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? : Tim Thomas getting a concussion and having his career ended is laughable. So is your view that the Bs are toast w/o him. They have Tukka who is the goalie of the future and the core of the team - Horton, Krejic, Bergeron, Seguin, Lucic,  and Marchand - are all well under 30. Chara and Thomas are the only old guys on the team and Chara will be a force for at least the next 4 years. You can't put the Bruins, who just started to be a yearly contender, with the Pats, Celtics, & Sox who are all on the back 9. Please keep your posts off this thread. You may be a Boston sports fan but in no way are you a Bruins or a hockey fan. Scram please.
    Posted by nrguy
    I am a bruins and hockey fan. the bruins are the NEW sox and pats, and both those teams have are fast becoming the old BRUINS!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Dynasty?  The Sox haven't won a playoff game since 2008, the Pats haven't won since the game before they whiffed on the perfect season, and I couldn't care less about thug-ball. Try to keep up. Your threads are unbelievably bad.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL
    thug-ball? u clearly do not possess a mirror or simply ignorant of irony. a hockey fan calling the nba thug-ball? LOLLLLL! do you not see how much thuggery goes on out on that ice where where each team has designated THUGS whose sole job it is to punch others in the head and cause as much concussions as possible? dont let race blind you to reality!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: IS THIS THE END OF OUR BOSTON SPORTS DYNASTY? : I am a bruins and hockey fan. the bruins are the NEW sox and pats, and both those teams have are fast becoming the old BRUINS!

Pretty sure the Bruins are a team loaded with prospects and talent that just won a Cup with a young group. The Pats won it with a young QB and an old defense. The Sox won it with an old pitching lineup and a bunch of guys that just past their prime.

The Bruins are the Bruins and are poised to be contenders for the Cup for the next 5 years at the least.

If you're a Bs fan, you're probably the person behind me that yells shoot it the whole game.

Sections
Shortcuts