Is Thomas Still A Lock For The Vezina?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Is Thomas Still A Lock For The Vezina?

I think TT will still win, but the gap has closed a lot. Price, Rhinne & Lundqvist are the other considerations. I think where the B's allow the 2nd most shots & inspite of what the TT king hater in Sox says. The B's do allow a number of quality chances! They have all season.

Another thing that TT leads by a far margin is his win/loss ratio. Nobody is close. Most of us all knew that TT was going to come down. His numbers were off the charts in the beginning. None of us could expect him to play that lights out all season. The thing of it is though is  that he has maintained his GAA below 2, or barely over it & his SP hasn't dropped below the .930 mark not yet anyway.

I have changed my view on his Hart & Pearson votes though. I think he lost that edge & unless he goes on another tear to finish the season. I can't see him getting much consideration.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It's TT's trophy to lose... and it's not lost yet. I can't believe you're worried now that his numbers are more human (but still leading in almost every category.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Carey Price would get my vote if I had one. And Lucic I am not a Habs fan so don't try your childs play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Is Thomas Still A Lock For The Vezina?:
    [QUOTE]Carey Price would get my vote if I had one. And Lucic I am not a Habs fan so don't try your childs play.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

You and Shupe are closet habs fans I get it now expecialy after the back hair comment between you two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I love that you can tie back hair together with Hab fans. Sadly, the fact is I am a hockey fan, not just a B's fan. Price has kept his team not only in the playoff picture but in striking distance for still obtaining the NE division. Got to respect that regardless of the team he plays for. Cheers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

And Shupe, I would never leak information about you. I'm not that type of teammate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Carey Price would get my vote if I had one. And Lucic I am not a Habs fan so don't try your childs play.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Glad you don't get a vote then! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Nope. welcome to the party Carey Price. I'd say he's in the discussion along with Rinne and thomas I think Thomas wins it though, and if he gets that G.A.A back down below 2.00 with another SO he'll win that and the MVP.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

hes not winning the MVP, i would say its 100-1 that he wins the MVP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Thomas Still A Lock For The Vezina? : Glad you don't get a vote then! lol
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Oh me too. I want Timmy to win but when I see what Carey is doing, as a hockey fan, I have to respect it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think TT will still win, but the gap has closed a lot. Price, Rhinne & Lundqvist are the other considerations. I think where the B's allow the 2nd most shots & inspite of what the TT king hater in Sox says. The B's do allow a number of quality chances! They have all season. Another thing that TT leads by a far margin is his win/loss ratio. Nobody is close. Most of us all knew that TT was going to come down. His numbers were off the charts in the beginning. None of us could expect him to play that lights out all season. The thing of it is though is  that he has maintained his GAA below 2, or barely over it & his SP hasn't dropped below the .930 mark not yet anyway. I have changed my view on his Hart & Pearson votes though. I think he lost that edge & unless he goes on another tear to finish the season. I can't see him getting much consideration.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Nite,the Vezina is definitely TT's award to lose.It's just that for most of the season it was a foregone conclusion and now the stats are tightening up.I think he'll still pull it out when all is said and done.Hopefully his game goes back to all-world status starting tonight against Rinne in a Vezina battle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Before anyone goes on and on about how Price > Thomas because Thomas is protected by the B's system, remind me who the Shab coach is again?

I've ranted about this before and will again - Jacques Martin is as much of a defensive coach as Claude Julien.  Martin's systems made a series of average or worse goaltenders look like NHL players in Ottawa.  Martin's goaltenders have always done well in his system.  Latest proof - look at Jaro Halak.  2.65 GAA and a .906% in St. Louis.  Not terrible numbers, but pedestrian, not the top shelf performance he put up in MTL.  And Martin has been fired, like Julien, for not being able to adjust to take his team over the top.  So can we agree to take "system" out of the equation when evaluation Price v. Thomas?

Rinne's numbers are close to Thomas's, sure, but Price's aren't nearly as close.  Good - 2.32GAA and .924%. He's ahead of Thomas in SOs by one, and he's ahead in wins by 4...but what about this:

Winning % (wins/losses+OTLs)
    Jimmy Howard - 65% (even with a 2.75 GAA and .909%)
    Thomas - 63%
    Luongo - 62%
    Fleury - 58%
    Price - 53.2%

Price has 33 wins but wins just over half the time.  Don't get me wrong - that's quite the accomplishment with a MTL offense that has one player with more than 40 points.  But to suggest he has surpassed Thomas?  You're believing the hype again.  Price is a good goaltender, but TT has outperformed him.

Rinne will get consideration but has no shot at passing Thomas if the Preds don't make the playoffs.  And Barry Trotz isn't Bruce Boudreau either, so system isn't the deciding factor there either.

The other finalist should probably be Luongo or the ever-unacknowledged Jon Quick in LA (2.20, .919%, 30Ws, 6SOs on a team not known for defensive systems).  I will not be surprised if, media being media, Price gets a nod as a finalist over Luongo or Quick.