Is Thornton in the lineup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Is Thornton in the lineup?

Is Thornton in the lineup or is it just a rumor? I would like to see it . I hope Recchi sits not Seguin. Paille can't sit he had been playing good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Is Thornton in the lineup?

Yeah, start the skating clown and sit a second line winger.

Brilliant!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ditto NAS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Whitfield and Hamill in for Berg and Krej would round it up nicely.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

In Response to Re: Is Thornton in the lineup?:
    Yeah, start the clown
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You're playing tonight, NAS..??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I am not sure if Thornton will make much of an impact and who would you take out of the line-up?  I do know however that the Bruins have no shot at winning the Cup if Recchi's ice time is not significantly decreased, especially on the power-play.  He is a leader, is inspirational to the younger guys and is a smart player whose best skill now is tipping/deflecting pucks.  Unfortuntately he is not as fast and strong as he once was so he is rarely able to get in position to do so.  Everything he is does now is too slow - skating, decision making (passes), quickness and strength of shots.  Give some other guys a chance.  Even if they are perhaps not as smart, the intensity, speed and strength they bring will make them harder to defend and it will open up opportunities.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Is Thornton in the lineup?:
    Is Thornton in the lineup or is it just a rumor? I would like to see it . I hope Recchi sits not Seguin. Paille can't sit he had been playing good.
    Posted by michaelf101

If Thorton plays Seguin sits,Julian won't sit the old man,Boston has one goal in last 2 games how is Thorton going to help.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAs can comment all he wants, and he is usually right. Thornton does not have the hockey skills to be playing in the Finals. In fact, it would be beneficial to relegate Thorny to the P.R. circuit full time. Maybe send REx with him. Love them both, but they are not helping.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

Nas is usually right?   I mean, maybe, in a universe where disdain, sarcasm, and arrogance are one's MO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Is Thornton in the lineup? : I would love to see big mouth NAS go toe to toe with Thornton (the skating Clown), i would pay to see that.. NAS shut the heII up! 
    Posted by readsocks

Why don't you try and go toe to toe in a hockey intelligence debate with him.  NAS is normally correct.  His approach is like sandpaper but that's what makes NAS-NAS.

Dressing Thorton in this series where speed, skill are at the forefront makes little.  Actually makes no sense.  He would look like a beached whale out there.  They have no fighter.  We don't need Thorton in the lineup. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Love what thornton brings to the team and i respect it, however to play him over Seguin would be a mistake. need scoring, Recchi hasnt done much but the chance of him scoring over Thornton is close to 100%. Bruins lost the physical game, they have the players to counter that and I think Thornton in his 4 minutes of ice time isnt going to change anyhthing other than the amount of power plays the nuks get.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

it's not going to happen, but the snarl factor would take a lot of the edge off the otherwise surly Nucks... they're taking advantage of the 'no fight' MO at this stage of the playoffs. They'd be a lot more quiet during the regular season. I'd like to see McQuaid 'quiet' Torres early in the game, though....  

There is merit to both arguments... The Bs have won a few games this year with Thorny. Anyone who says either approach is absolutely, 100% accurate and
    'right' is way off - it's matter of probablities at this stage, not certainties...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

it's not going to happen, but the snarl factor would take a lot of the edge off the otherwise surly Nucks... they're taking advantage of the 'no fight' MO at this stage of the playoffs. They'd be a lot more quiet during the regular season. I'd like to see McQuaid 'quiet' Torres early in the game, though....   There is merit to both arguments... The Bs have won a few games this year with Thorny. Anyone who says either approach is absolutely, 100% accurate and 'right' is way off - it's matter of probablities at this stage, not certainties...
    Posted by Griswal65

Thornton's snarl?  When have we seen him actually angry and do something?  The only time I can think of is when he beat up Roman Hamrlik! 

He's useless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Thornton in the lineup? : I would love to see big mouth NAS go toe to toe with Thornton (the skating Clown), i would pay to see that.. NAS shut the heII up! 
    Posted by readsocks

Yes, the topic is playoff hockey and you are lauding Thornton's fighting ability.

That pretty much says it all.

Back to the diamond for you!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Peverley moving to 2nd line .Thornton to 4th line and Recchi sitting sounds good to me. I think Claude will sit Seguin if Thornton is in

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOSTE]In Response to Re: Is Thornton in the lineup? : Why don't you try and go toe to toe in a hockey intelligence debate with him.  NAS is normally correct.  His approach is like sandpaper but that's what makes NAS-NAS. Dressing Thorton in this series where speed, skill are at the forefront makes little.  Actually makes no sense.  He would look like a beached whale out there.  They have no fighter.  We don't need Thorton in the lineup. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Speed and skill, neither of which Recchi has.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

NAs can comment all he wants, and he is usually right. Thornton does not have the hockey skills to be playing in the Finals. In fact, it would be beneficial to relegate Thorny to the P.R. circuit full time. Maybe send REx with him. Love them both, but they are not helping.
    Posted by bogie6

It's his opinion, he can't be right or wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How's Recchi doing tonight?  Hmmmmm.  Thats right thought so.  Thorton makes that tip on the PP?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We are talking about a sure HOFer with 500 goals and 2 meaningful cup rings.  Thortons cup ring doesnt have the same meaning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

I think Claude has to bring Thornton back for game 3. The Canucks are too comfortable out their with their bush leage tactics because they know there will be no reprecussions.

The Bruins are need to stand up for themselves.(Obviously the NHL won't).

Sit Recchi, maybe Campbell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

I think Claude has to bring Thornton back for game 3. The Canucks are too comfortable out their with their bush leage tactics because they know there will be no reprecussions. The Bruins are need to stand up for themselves.(Obviously the NHL won't). Sit Recchi, maybe Campbell.
    Posted by bertie-wooster2

Sit Campbell, who is our most valuable penalty killer?  I don't think so...keep the line-up as is, just give Peverley more time with Bergeron and Marchand...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think Claude has to bring Thornton back for game 3. The Canucks are too comfortable out their with their bush leage tactics because they know there will be no reprecussions. The Bruins are need to stand up for themselves.(Obviously the NHL won't). Sit Recchi, maybe Campbell.
    Posted by bertie-wooster2

Why?  Campy kills PP and Recchi scored on the PP.  Stop it.  If anyone comes out it would be Seguin.  No chance in heck they remove Campy or Rex.  Not gonna happen

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: Is Thornton in the lineup? : Campbell can fight as well.  Just tell him to attack someone.  I don't think Thornton would do that anyway.
    Posted by mattc355

Best quote I have read!  "Just tell him to attack someone"  I love it..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

In Response to Re: Is Thornton in the lineup? : Why?  Campy kills PP and Recchi scored on the PP.  Stop it.  If anyone comes out it would be Seguin.  No chance in heck they remove Campy or Rex.  Not gonna happen
    Posted by shuperman

Good point about Campbell's value on the penalty kill. But are you suggesting that Recchi will be effective just because of one PP goal?

His overall body of work in the playoffs has been lackluster. Not because he lacks competitive spirit, but he looks like he's having trouble matching the speed of most of the Vancouver players.

Sections
Shortcuts