Is Timmy trying to get Traded?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Is Timmy trying to get Traded?

I really don't care what he thinks or believes in but enough already. Is he trying to get traded? I keep hearing he doesn't want to be a distraction, but this isn't his first canoe ride, it is a distraction.

You make any kind of comments and statements the media (or facebook and twitter) they are totally gonna jump all over you. That's not new. Once the media has the ball there gonna run with it. Quit giving them the ball because wether you like it or not , it is causing a huge distraction and one they don't need right now.

"It doesn't involve the Boston Bruins" doesn't get it done Timmy. The mics are jammed in every other players face so obviously it does. Wake up and quit saying things until your either retired or traded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Is Timmy trying to get Traded?

A bit harsh, this is the guy who pretty much brought the cup back to Boston. If it bothers you just ignore it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: Is Timmy trying to get Traded?:
    [QUOTE]A bit harsh, this is the guy who pretty much brought the cup back to Boston. If it bothers you just ignore it.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Man I love Timmy but enough is enough. Pro athletes these days have to know they will get crucified with every word they say. I don't care what he believes in, just say it in the offseason when your teammates won't bombarded when you take the chicken way out and say "no comment"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

"this isnt his first canoe ride"......I'm so stealing that one from you!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Now that he's gotten a bit of a taste for it - subversion - Thomas is not going to stop. You can tell its giving him a rush.

He won't be traded - Left or Right, hockey guys HATE this kinda thing. As good as he is, no one will want him.

I'm all for freedom of expression.
    But Jeremy Jacobs is all about business. And no matter what entertainment game you're in, possibly/probably alienating or marginalizing paying customers is always bad for business. That is what Tim Thomas is doing and as long as he's collecting a paycheque with Bruins Letterhead on the top, it has EVERYTHING to do with the Bruins.

Personally, I don't like it. I don't like or trust anyone whose impulse is to post a hit-and-run statement and then play coy or refuse to explain any of its motives or rationale. This is weak at best and cowardly at worst. 
    My hunch is that Tim's intellectual abilities on these subjects don't go much deeper than the rhetorical, headline-deep level. He won't explain himself because he CAN'T explain himself.

Making a statement that won't bear or tolerate any scrutiny or is graffiti at best. And that is a slight to graffiti.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

[QUOTE]"this isnt his first canoe ride"......I'm so stealing that one from you!!!
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Your welcome!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

[QUOTE]Now that he's gotten a bit of a taste for it - subversion - Thomas is not going to stop. You can tell its giving him a rush. He won't be traded - Left or Right, hockey guys HATE this kinda thing. As good as he is, no one will want him. I'm all for freedom of expression. But Jeremy Jacobs is all about business. And no matter what entertainment game you're in, possibly/probably alienating or marginalizing paying customers is always bad for business. That is what Tim Thomas is doing and as long as he's collecting a paycheque with Bruins Letterhead on the top, it has EVERYTHING to do with the Bruins. Personally, I don't like it. I don't like or trust anyone whose impulse is to post a hit-and-run statement and then play coy or refuse to explain any of its motives or rationale. This is weak at best and cowardly at worst.  My hunch is that Tim's intellectual abilities on these subjects don't go much deeper than the rhetorical, headline-deep level. He won't explain himself because he CAN'T explain himself. Making a statement that won't bear or tolerate any scrutiny or is graffiti at best. And that is a slight to graffiti.
    Posted by gord11[/QUOTE]

Very well said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

good post savvy, gonna bum this one up to get rid of the  TROLLS WITH POLLS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]A bit harsh, this is the guy who pretty much brought the cup back to Boston. If it bothers you just ignore it.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

This is perfect I 100% agree.

I propose this now:

If you want to talk about politics do so on one of the many political forums on Boston.com. It is not like Thomas is standing up going full Mel Gibson and yelling "FREEEDDOOMMM!!!!" in the middle of a hockey game.

All I care about is what Thomas does on the ice and thats been pretty impressive lately (see: Con Smythe Trophy 2011). So if you want to talk about the BS politics of this situation go there and do it.

Leave the hockey board alone.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

'ricky12684' proving, once again, that 'freedom of speech' doesn't necessarily guarantee you'll have something to say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Now that he's gotten a bit of a taste for it -subversion - Thomas is not going to stop. You can tell its giving him a rush. He won't be traded - Left or Right, hockey guys HATE this kinda thing. As good as he is, no one will want him. I'm all for freedom of expression. Posted by gord11[/QUOTE]

Is he a new Facebook user ? or did he rent the movie this summer ?
    i agree that he's just gotten started, I'm hoping his next Facebook post is in July.
    I'm getting sucked into this debate and shouldn't because I cannot fully understand the politics and situations in the U.S.
    I'm Canadian and all for freedom of speech but I also believe there's a limit.  It's just human nature to distort freedoms. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

On another note who's read Rask's interview on urheilulehti ?
    Saying he doesn't want spend his career on the bench....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

No, I don't think he is trying to get traded.  I don't know how you would draw that conclusion unless there was a Tea Party run team somewhere that really needed a goalie.  Does Ron Paul own the Lightning?  If Timmy wanted to get traded, he would just ask for a trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

don't think so.  I think when he signed his last contract, the B's were hoping his play would stay at that elite level, and around deadline 2012, with a year and a half left on his friendly contract, they'd make a really big deal, pulling in some huge assetts.  Everything has worked out even better than expected....except one thing.  Tuuka doesn't appear ready to do it mostly alone.
    Tough for both PC and Tuuka.  How do you get rid of arguably the league's best goalie going into the playoffs.  Is Tuuka's learning curve hampered because he's not playing enough.
    One thing is certain.  As TT gets closer to ufa status, his trade value diminishes.  If there were no labour issues on the front burner, a reasonable one year extension without movement clauses would probably work very well for the Bruins. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

I dont think that he's trying to get traded either, but how long do the B's managment and ownership put up with it. Regardless if it is personal views or not, people will associate him with the Bruins and lump them together. His opinions are becoming a distraction, regardless what the players and staff are saying to the media, the players are aware and have to prepare themselves for being asked, " so what are your feeling on what Tim had to say" " or do you agree with his remarks?"  Who knows what TT motives are for putting his personal opinions out into the spolight, but I think the timing is wrong on his part. He should be focusing on what he's getting paid to do, and that is stop the puck

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of these comments and conclusions, starting with "savvybergy", who is anything but "savvy", are ludicrous. Timmy has expressly separated his hockey self from his personal perspective. As any American, he is entitled to his opinions. The diatribes posted and continued by some of the Globe journalists are not based on fact, just their perspective. Many of us have decided that their comments are less than informative, so let's let Timmy play hockey and record another winning year. Go away trolls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I'm sorry but when a pro athlete has a facebook page and posts on it, it becomes public knowledge.  It IS called social networking, right?  I don't agree with Timmy's beliefs.  But I have no problem with him saying it.  But he has to realize that if he does put political comments on his website, then he is going to have to answer questions about it.  End of story. 

If he really believes this stuff then he SHOULD talk about it.  Curt Schilling was someone that had beliefs that I disagreed with.  But he wasn't afraid to talk about them when questioned.  And while it could get annoying, I still feel it's better than making your statement....run away saying I'm not gonna comment on my personal (political) life......then a few weeks later make more noise and run away again.  I think that is chidish.

I love Tim Thomas the Boston Bruins goaltender.  I think we all do.  And we all want him to continue to be the Bruins goalie, hopefully leading us to another Cup.  But his "reputation" has taken a hit.  And I think it's totally justified....and it doesn't matter what side of the politcal fence you sit on, because he is putting himself ahead of the team.  And he'll even admit to that.

I wish we weren't talking about this.  All this trade talk is crazy.  Shame on the Bruins if they do trade him because of this.  Sure there were some crazy comments in the news (KDP, etc) but overall, I don't think the media has blown this out of proportion.  They're just looking for some answers and Timmy's not giving it to them.  And I say shame on Timmy. 

He has 3 choice as I see it:  #1 don't make any political statements, #2 make statements and answer to the press or #3 make statements but not answer to the press. 

I think #3 is the worst.  Personally, I like #1 but #2 would be ideal.  He could say his peace and no one would accuse him of dodging the media.  But really, I just wish he'd hold off his political statements till July.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

This is polarizing because it is polarizing. THAT is what people are saying. Regardless of Tim Thomas' rights, regardless of the wolfish media, regardless of Left or Right, people are being forced to think about this and to have an opinion one way or the other. Some people resent even having to think about this. Last time i checked 512 ! people had logged on to comment on Boston.com's relaying of Tim Thomas' latest 'expression of personal belief'.

There are few things that happen on the ice that can garner that kind of activity.

Either Tim Thomas is incredibly savvy or he is incredibly naive about his own level of sway and influence and also about the sway and influence of social media.

One of the first things these guys do once they've made it to the NHL is to get media training. This is done with one goal in mind; "Here's how you don't get yourself and your team into trouble by straying from the narrative." I know Thomas' candour might seem refreshing - and it certainly stands out in a world of '110%' and 'we worked our cycle' - but it is not helpful to ANYONE.

This is my point and what I think Tim Thomas must consider; Am I doing the greatest good for the greatest number?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Now that he's gotten a bit of a taste for it - subversion - Thomas is not going to stop. You can tell its giving him a rush. He won't be traded - Left or Right, hockey guys HATE this kinda thing. As good as he is, no one will want him. I'm all for freedom of expression. But Jeremy Jacobs is all about business. And no matter what entertainment game you're in, possibly/probably alienating or marginalizing paying customers is always bad for business. That is what Tim Thomas is doing and as long as he's collecting a paycheque with Bruins Letterhead on the top, it has EVERYTHING to do with the Bruins. Personally, I don't like it. I don't like or trust anyone whose impulse is to post a hit-and-run statement and then play coy or refuse to explain any of its motives or rationale. This is weak at best and cowardly at worst.  My hunch is that Tim's intellectual abilities on these subjects don't go much deeper than the rhetorical, headline-deep level. He won't explain himself because he CAN'T explain himself. Making a statement that won't bear or tolerate any scrutiny or is graffiti at best. And that is a slight to graffiti.
    Posted by gord11[/QUOTE]

If you or anybody else does not like what he has to say, this includes all the left wing reporters surrounding his stall, simply post on his Facebook page, where TT posts these statements.  There are people on the page that don't agree with Tank.  Try and get him in a discussion there.  Why should he have to answer questions at his job?  If TT put up a quote from Obama on his Facebook page that was seen to be in a good light, the media and folks like yourself would have no problem and it would be a non story.  Many would not even know that he had a Facebook page.  For example, see GM of Red Sox not attending White House during republican Presidency after winning World Series.  I can't stand politicians no matter what side of the aisle they are on.  I am just calling it as I see it!  When we look at the world of sports, we have fans or fanatics.  We speak of how Habs fans and Canucks fans are irrational most of the time.  However, there are Habs fans and Canucks fans that come to this forum and are very rational.  In politics today, nobody is rational when it come to the other side only that they are the other side and must be wrong!  The Political "fanaticism" is at an all time high during my lifetime and something that I find disturbing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Troll-Brother No. 1 here. 

I stand with the poor and promiscuous in the fight for free rubbers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

I hope this is all drummed up to be used just like the "pumping tires" thing allowed cagy veteran Thomas to mind#u<k Luongo and the 'Nuks.
    Please, let it be so, and please just let it work!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Timmy trying to get Traded? : If you or anybody else does not like what he has to say, this includes all the left wing reporters surrounding his stall, simply post on his Facebook page, where TT posts these statements.  There are people on the page that don't agree with Tank.  Try and get him in a discussion there.  Why should he have to answer questions at his job?  If TT put up a quote from Obama on his Facebook page that was seen to be in a good light, the media and folks like yourself would have no problem and it would be a non story.  Many would not even know that he had a Facebook page.  For example, see GM of Red Sox not attending White House during republican Presidency after winning World Series.  I can't stand politicians no matter what side of the aisle they are on.  I am just calling it as I see it!  When we look at the world of sports, we have fans or fanatics.  We speak of how Habs fans and Canucks fans are irrational most of the time.  However, there are Habs fans and Canucks fans that come to this forum and are very rational.  In politics today, nobody is rational when it come to the other side only that they are the other side and must be wrong!  The Political "fanaticism" is at an all time high during my lifetime and something that I find disturbing.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I just heard on the radio that he deleted the commenters that disagreed with him as friends on his FB page this morning. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry but when a pro athlete has a facebook page and posts on it, it becomes public knowledge.  It IS called social networking, right?  I don't agree with Timmy's beliefs.  But I have no problem with him saying it.  But he has to realize that if he does put political comments on his website, then he is going to have to answer questions about it.  End of story.  If he really believes this stuff then he SHOULD talk about it.  Curt Schilling was someone that had beliefs that I disagreed with.  But he wasn't afraid to talk about them when questioned.  And while it could get annoying, I still feel it's better than making your statement....run away saying I'm not gonna comment on my personal (political) life......then a few weeks later make more noise and run away again.  I think that is chidish. I love Tim Thomas the Boston Bruins goaltender.  I think we all do.  And we all want him to continue to be the Bruins goalie, hopefully leading us to another Cup.  But his "reputation" has taken a hit.  And I think it's totally justified....and it doesn't matter what side of the politcal fence you sit on, because he is putting himself ahead of the team.  And he'll even admit to that. I wish we weren't talking about this.  All this trade talk is crazy.  Shame on the Bruins if they do trade him because of this.  Sure there were some crazy comments in the news (KDP, etc) but overall, I don't think the media has blown this out of proportion.  They're just looking for some answers and Timmy's not giving it to them.  And I say shame on Timmy.  He has 3 choice as I see it:  #1 don't make any political statements, #2 make statements and answer to the press or #3 make statements but not answer to the press.  I think #3 is the worst.  Personally, I like #1 but #2 would be ideal.  He could say his peace and no one would accuse him of dodging the media.  But really, I just wish he'd hold off his political statements till July.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

good solid points without resorting to hysteria to make this thing uglier.  very balanced and objective

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Is Timmy Trying to Get Traded?

No.

All the regulars should move on and let the trolls have their own debate.

End of thread.