Is Zac Rinaldo about to become Matt Cooke or is he already ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Is Zac Rinaldo about to become Matt Cooke or is he already ?

In response to shuperman's comment:

thats my point. Did he full well know he was giving the death blow?  I watched a lot of rinaldos fights and he is out of control in them all.  

Yes a lot gave flack and a lot said its the risk you take when fighting.   Im giving san a hard time.  zac is a piece of garbage that has no place in the nhl.  In terms of fighting he didnt do anything wrong.  zac has lost more then he has won,  hes a smaller player and they both willing dropped the gloves.  

I saw the clip that you did as well.  I truly think the guy losses his mind when he fights.  There are guys like that.  Whether san wants to believe it or not.  

Shupe, maybe it was just a case of Rinaldo losing control but my take on it is that something must've been wrong if he felt the need to ask about it. If he's justified in his actions then he should feel no need to discuss it further. I truly think he probably caught some flack from his own teammates and that's why he needed assurances that his actions were "OK". Vinny ended up doing it to Talbot later in the game and I suspect it was purely a revenge tactic as Vinny even hesitated before doing it. Some guys play (and fight) according to a code of ethics. Rinaldo is just one (of too many) who doesn't. My opinion is that he will either smarten up or have his career shortened. I'm not sure if you watched Leafs/Habs last night but I can only imagine the damage Gorges would've received from Fraser McLaren had the latter decided that he didn't care about the code. To each his own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I don't put Rinaldo in Cooke's class; he is more of a Patrick Kaleta type scumbag---Cooke's impact is a major rule change for hits to the head as well as a career ender.   Rinaldo has not had that kind of impact.  

While we are on comparisons, I do know that Volpatti from Vancouver is the next Raffi Torres.  The guy leaves his feet on 20% of his hits; he did it again last night and got away with it.   

I put zac in a worst class bc at least cooke can actually play. Zac is here for one reason.  Doesnt change my view of the fight though.  i do put torres in the cooke category of a headhunter who can play the game.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

thats my point. Did he full well know he was giving the death blow?  I watched a lot of rinaldos fights and he is out of control in them all.  

Yes a lot gave flack and a lot said its the risk you take when fighting.   Im giving san a hard time.  zac is a piece of garbage that has no place in the nhl.  In terms of fighting he didnt do anything wrong.  zac has lost more then he has won,  hes a smaller player and they both willing dropped the gloves.  

I saw the clip that you did as well.  I truly think the guy losses his mind when he fights.  There are guys like that.  Whether san wants to believe it or not.  

Shupe, maybe it was just a case of Rinaldo losing control but my take on it is that something must've been wrong if he felt the need to ask about it. If he's justified in his actions then he should feel no need to discuss it further. I truly think he probably caught some flack from his own teammates and that's why he needed assurances that his actions were "OK". Vinny ended up doing it to Talbot later in the game and I suspect it was purely a revenge tactic as Vinny even hesitated before doing it. Some guys play (and fight) according to a code of ethics. Rinaldo is just one (of too many) who doesn't. My opinion is that he will either smarten up or have his career shortened. I'm not sure if you watched Leafs/Habs last night but I can only imagine the damage Gorges would've received from Fraser McLaren had the latter decided that he didn't care about the code. To each his own.

I agree 100 percent.  The code is there and im not denying it.  but to say every fighter or guy in the fight has the same composure is false.  Mclaren knew gorge had no chance.  Meanwhile Orr knocks bourque down with one punch.  

I believe the code is also more for the staged fights over a guy fighting when mad.  Most of these guys(fighters) say they dont fight as well when they are ticked off.  

It doesnt change my view of zac bc its already super low.  If the flyers players said something they should also question why he is even in the league before they critique him after a fight he won for doing his job.  Which is to protect Giroux.  Wonder if BJ tries to fight Giroux again.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I agree 100 percent.  The code is there and im not denying it.  but to say every fighter or guy in the fight has the same composure is false.  Mclaren knew gorge had no chance.  Meanwhile Orr knocks bourque down with one punch.  

I believe the code is also more for the staged fights over a guy fighting when mad.  Most of these guys(fighters) say they dont fight as well when they are ticked off.  

It doesnt change my view of zac bc its already super low.  If the flyers players said something they should also question why he is even in the league before they critique him after a fight he won for doing his job.  Which is to protect Giroux.  Wonder if BJ tries to fight Giroux again.  

That fight was basically a staged fight though. It was payback for a transgression from an earlier game in which Crombeen hassled that pansy Giroux. He didn't do anything to make Rinaldo mad at him. He didn't give Giroux a dirty hit. He was doing the same job as Rinaldo by trying to get under a stars skin. I look forward to seeing Rinaldo jump Crosby considering that Syd actually hurt Giroux rather than just bugging him. I bet Crombeen absolutely goes after him the first chance he gets but I won't be surprised if Rinaldo finds himself concussed by someone else first. Live by the sword.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

That fight was basically a staged fight though. It was payback for a transgression from an earlier game in which Crombeen hassled that pansy Giroux. He didn't do anything to make Rinaldo mad at him. He didn't give Giroux a dirty hit. He was doing the same job as Rinaldo by trying to get under a stars skin. I look forward to seeing Rinaldo jump Crosby considering that Syd actually hurt Giroux rather than just bugging him. I bet Crombeen absolutely goes after him the first chance he gets but I won't be surprised if Rinaldo finds himself concussed by someone else first. Live by the sword.

I said the same about Cooke who was laughing after he fought ST.   BJ likely does fight him.  And i bet it will be staged and i bet they will both be mad. 

Way too much talk about Scott and Zac.  I think we can all agree on that.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

San,

im not a fan of his.  But what did he do wrong?  He was mad and he fought.  He kept chucking.  It looks ugly but its a hockey fight.  I hate when they call the refs in and tap bums.  The other guy fought him willingly.  He lost.  

Now some of his hits are no brainers.  Hes a dangerous player.  But i think he did nothing wrong in that fight. 

I recall Terry O'Reilly doing the same but those were different times.

Hard to point the finger on Rinaldo with this fight.  That's how he's always fought, wild.  Although Rinaldo does have a reputation of cheap shots though he will never back down from a fight . Crombeen is no saint here,  why was he trying to pick a fight with Giroux the previous game ? 

I was just going to ask legion if crombeen should have been in same weight class as Rinaldo ? The only thing I really have a problem with is Rinaldo is him still pounding away when crombeen is down. Am I wrong?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

San,

im not a fan of his.  But what did he do wrong?  He was mad and he fought.  He kept chucking.  It looks ugly but its a hockey fight.  I hate when they call the refs in and tap bums.  The other guy fought him willingly.  He lost.  

Now some of his hits are no brainers.  Hes a dangerous player.  But i think he did nothing wrong in that fight. 

Hard to point the finger on Rinaldo with this fight.  That's how he's always fought, wild.  Although Rinaldo does have a reputation of cheap shots though he will never back down from a fight . Crombeen is no saint here,  why was he trying to pick a fight with Giroux the previous game ? 

I was just going to ask legion if crombeen should have been in same weight class as Rinaldo ? The only thing I really have a problem with is Rinaldo is him still pounding away when crombeen is down. Am I wrong?  

Loyal, some people agree with you and some others don't. I'm with you on this one but I readily admit it's seemingly got the hockey world fairly divided.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

I dont think you or san are wrong.  BJ was not laying on the ice.  He was on his way down and to a knee.  I wouldnt trust any person who is trying to knock my teeth out.  But thats just me.   

But when you fight the object is to hurt the other guy Is it not?  He hurt him.  Code or no code.  If you are willing to drop yor gloves there is a risk that comes with it. I didnt like to see BJ laid out by this guy.  But if BJ did it to him i would say the same thing.  For the record BJ is 6'2 214.  Zac is 5'11 180. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Stan Jonathan and Tottoo are also small and very tough. Add in the fact that Crombeen didn't start the fight with Rinaldo. It isn't like he was picking on a small guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

U guys would know better than me cause I have been on the shelve for awhile and I know that rinaldo is tough but is he or does he have dirty past?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

U guys would know better than me cause I have been on the shelve for awhile and I know that rinaldo is tough but is he or does he have dirty past?

Very dirty player. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stan Jonathan and Tottoo are also small and very tough. Add in the fact that Crombeen didn't start the fight with Rinaldo. It isn't like he was picking on a small guy.

Domi as well.  Tootoo also has a semi checkered past.  But anyway.  We will have to agree to disagree.  someone said i had no knowledge of fighting. Which is fine to say.  Knowledge normally comes through experience or its an opinion.  Fighting comes with risk.  Dont fight if you dont epect something bad to hsppen.  They arent having a glass of wine exchanging soup recipes.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Domi as well.  Tootoo also has a semi checkered past.  But anyway.  We will have to agree to disagree.  someone said i had no knowledge of fighting. Which is fine to say.  Knowledge normally comes through experience or its an opinion.  Fighting comes with risk.  Dont fight if you dont epect something bad to hsppen.  They arent having a glass of wine exchanging soup recipes.  

It's a brutal way to make a living no doubt. Cheers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It's a brutal way to make a living no doubt. Cheers.

Monster fun game tonight.  Cant wait. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow, a guy was in a fight and he punched the other guy until someone stopped him.

Sounds like a real fight.

Many people are upset by this because it's been that long since they saw a real fight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Wow, a guy was in a fight and he punched the other guy until someone stopped him.

Many people are upset by this because it's been that long since they saw a real fight.

All that was missing was someone getting hit by a chair. Bravo to you! Let the flailing continue!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yes Crombeen should be in the same weight class as Rinaldo.  Both are not heavy weights like a Scott or Parros.  It was a fair fight.  What Crombeen did going after Giroux to drop the gloves would be equal to going after Seguin .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If you're like me, and you already think Rinaldo is scum who doesn't belong in the league... this is another brick in the wall.  I think Rinaldo tries to hurt people, and then maybe tries to play a little hockey.  He's done it a lot.

In this case, it isn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but is also clearly bad form.  Not only does he hit a guy who is down, but he also hits a guy who is cleary already hurt.  Most decent NHL players let up there.

What happended in the 70's and 80's is kind of irrelevent  to me.  I think we all agree that we don't want to see guys get hurt, even when we enjoy watching fights.  Concussions are awful anyway you slice it, and watching a grown man drive punches into the face of a visably injured opponent is kind of sick, no matter what the context is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Why not kick him with the skate blade then NAS?  Sandog is right, it's not a street fight out there.  It can't be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What happended in the 70's and 80's is kind of irrelevent  to me.  I think we all agree that we don't want to see guys get hurt, even when we enjoy watching fights.  Concussions are awful anyway you slice it, and watching a grown man drive punches into the face of a visably injured opponent is kind of sick, no matter what the context is.

But if the opponent isn't injured, it's perfectly fine and normal?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why not kick him with the skate blade then NAS?  Sandog is right, it's not a street fight out there.  It can't be.

Because that would be assault with a deadly weapon as opposed to a fist fight. 

For all of those who are harping on "the code", I wonder if you've ever been in a fight.  Not a play fight with the fake punches, but a full blown Hulk eyes angry fight.  Anger causes many things to happen.  Lots of common and acceptable thought processes are thrown out the window.  Some fights aren't calculated, methodical exchanges.  Some fights are pure madness.

And those are the types of fights I like to see in hockey.  Ones borne from anger, not skating clowns earning their paycheck or Torres vs. Mayers stupidity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

How times have changed ?

About a year ago Rinaldo's name was brought up as being a dirty player. I was questioned on that thought. And now the same comments about him are being repeated by those who questioned that thought. Priceless.

Thanks for opening your eyes.............a year too late. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

How times have changed ?

About a year ago Rinaldo's name was brought up as being a dirty player. I was questioned on that thought. And now the same comments about him are being repeated by those who questioned that thought. Priceless.

Thanks for opening your eyes.............a year too late. 

Who thought Rinaldo wasn't dirty? I do remember you telling someone that Rinaldo was known for being dangerous all the way back to junior but I honestly can't remember who you were talking to. If put on the spot, I would've guessed Shupe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Because that would be assault with a deadly weapon as opposed to a fist fight. 

For all of those who are harping on "the code", I wonder if you've ever been in a fight.  Not a play fight with the fake punches, but a full blown Hulk eyes angry fight.  Anger causes many things to happen.  Lots of common and acceptable thought processes are thrown out the window.  Some fights aren't calculated, methodical exchanges.  Some fights are pure madness.

And those are the types of fights I like to see in hockey.  Ones borne from anger, not skating clowns earning their paycheck or Torres vs. Mayers stupidity.

Now we can hear about fighting from a guy who wore a cage on the ice his whole life. Super informative for those of us that have been in actual hockey fights without a shield. Great input. Interesting that both boxing and MMA and have rules in place to protect fighters who are down on one knee but keep bringing up street fights. It's super relevant to a conversation about fighting in a sport. How about you check back in when you've got even a whiff of an idea about what you're talking about. Sorry, I keep forgetting that's not your thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

and watching a grown man drive punches into the face of a visably injured opponent is kind of sick, no matter what the context is.

But if the opponent isn't injured, it's perfectly fine and normal?

Outside of a bar or in the streets ? Absolutely finish the job!

Sections
Shortcuts