Re: Is Zac Rinaldo about to become Matt Cooke or is he already ?
posted at 2/11/2013 7:06 PM EST
In response to Fletcher1's comment:
I mean for those that are against this incident, i ask, were you ok with the montreal brawl where 4 guys one being ST beat up a bunch of europeans. does the code apply to fighting a guy with no fighting record.
Stop it shupe -- that's way off the rails.
1. Who cares if they're 'European'? Nobody is suggesting fights should be different based on ethnic background.
2. It's just fine to win a fight. You should be just as brutal and vicious as you want during the fight. But after you win, stop . Rinaldo was fine in winning the fight. Don't pretend anyone is complaining about that. We're talking about driving two more punches into the face of an unconscious man. Win the fight, go to the box. I thought Rinaldo should have stopped, that's all. No big deal.
3. Comparing that to the Montreal game is as silly as anything you've ever said here. Spacek threw a punch at Boychuk, then he lost the fight. Campbell was losing his fight against a very willing oppenent until he turned it around. Montreal just bit off more than they could chew. If you don't want to fight, don't fight. Montreal tried to fight and lost. Thornton didn't even hit Hamrlik. Nothing dirty there. Give me a break.
We're talking about punching an injured player who is already down, not a couple Montreal guys getting into fights that they lost. You've gone from defending violence to sounding wimpy. Montreal wimpy.
It was a question on code. ST pumped hammer i believe in that exchange. People lauded how tough this team was. Why is it silly. Im asking interpretations on the code to see what people think. People use the hockey code like they know what it is. Every hard nosed player has crossed the line. A lot of these fighters come through the minor leagues and are animals to get there.
1. Fighting a non fighter. Cmon. ST is paid to fight. Is hammer? Why is that ok? I asked a question. With no sarcasm. Im actually curious as to what people think. Everyone screams the code. How is that stupid. Is it as stupid an idea as having boxing rules? No offense red. If you count the fighting majors of the 4 guys on there not named moan how many would you get? How about boston?
2. I can agree with this.
3. Montreal wanted to fight. Or did they have a choice. Look who was on the ice. Montreal sent out plekanec and a bunch of little guys to line brawl bostons heavys. Wow i watched a different game.
I had more respect for montreal in that exchange. But again its seems fine when we are the guys bullying other teams. But the code question never comes up.
name calling is getting funny on here. I have been called out about no knowledge of hockey fights, ive been called stupid for asking a question. good thing im good spirited and dont take this stuff serious or id be a mess.
Anyway, continue to throw personal insults on a hockey blog. You may think you know a thing or two about hockey. But ive watched and played a lot as well. And these are just opinions. Not personal attacks.