Is Zac Rinaldo about to become Matt Cooke or is he already ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Is Zac Rinaldo about to become Matt Cooke or is he already ?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115926

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Bravo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcllOfwAN54

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Anyone see the fight today between McCormick and Glass? McCormick let Glass get his sweater off his head before he kept swinging. Most players are able to control themselves in a fight. Most guys aren't trying to ruin careers. Shupe, your links don't work for me unless I copy and paste. I refuse to do that. There's no reason. I just won't do it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Anyone see the fight today between McCormick and Glass? McCormick let Glass get his sweater off his head before he kept swinging. Most players are able to control themselves in a fight. Most guys aren't trying to ruin careers.

Yep I was just looking for it on hockeyfights.com to bring ove here, not up yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/116041

Joe Micheletti comments on McCormick waits for Glass to get his shirt right before continuing the fight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

When I played U dropped the gloves u meant it and quite often u hated that guy.  This is not controlled boxing, you are there to pummel the shiite out of him.   You pound him until they drag you off, sort of like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne1y0QCOQOM    beat em till they're bloody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWxBMtWJTmA     real code here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX8PWfPxdiI         check out the skate here

Get rid of the staged fighters, if they are not good enough to play they don't belong.  StanJ scored 27 and 21, Wensink scored 28 they could still play and fight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Respect for McCormick there, but truth be told, I don't even think that was necessary.  I don't see anything wrong with hitting a guy after you pull the jersey across his face.  That to me is part of the fight.  The guy can always go down if he can't see anything and he's getting hit.  You should try to win the fight.  However, after you win, injure a guy, and guy goes down -- you stop.  

At least here, Glass can go down if he's losing.  Crombeen was already down, injured, and defenseless.  Rinaldo kept going.  Bad form.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

The idea used to be get the shirt over buddy's head and wail away, mouthpieces used to have to back it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Respect for McCormick there, but truth be told, I don't even think that was necessary.  I don't see anything wrong with hitting a guy after you pull the jersey across his face.  That to me is part of the fight.  The guy can always go down if he can't see anything and he's getting hit.  You should try to win the fight.  However, after you win, injure a guy, and guy goes down -- you stop.  

At least here, Glass can go down if he's losing.  Crombeen was already down, injured, and defenseless.  Rinaldo kept going.  Bad form.

Whattf, is this bloody british fencing. 

The only bad form would be to kick him when he is down, like I said wail away til you are pulled off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

The only bad form would be to kick him when he is down, like I said wail away til you are pulled off.

Unconscious, seizures, etc?  Just wail away?  It's easy to beat your chest about how bad azz you would be, but there's a code of decency because you're playing a sport, not defending yourself from back alley attacker.  Punching someone who's lying injured on the ice, in a hockey game, is cowardly.  And his teammates would probably knock your teeth out for it.

But yeah, I think pulling the jersey over the head and punching a guy is fair game.  Win the fight.  Then stop.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Unconscious, seizures, etc?  Just wail away?  It's easy to beat your chest about how bad azz you would be, but there's a code of decency because you're playing a sport, not defending yourself from back alley attacker.  Punching someone who's lying injured on the ice, in a hockey game, is cowardly.  And his teammates would probably knock your teeth out for it.

But yeah, I think pulling the jersey over the head and punching a guy is fair game.  Win the fight.  Then stop.

I agree Fletch. No problem with punching a guy with a sweater over his head. My point was that it's obvious that many/most guys are able to stay in control in a hockey fight. Most guys aren't trying to end careers. These guys sticking up for Rinaldo while claiming hatred for the staged fight need to tell me exactly what that fight with Crombeen was if it wasn't "staged". Crombeen did nothing on that shift (or in the game for that matter) worthy of fighting over. He was only guilty of trash talking Giroux the last time they played. Rinaldo wasn't fighting because he was mad. Very little emotion involved in that fight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agreed dez, anyone who's arguing that the Rinaldo fight is the way it should be is a little out of touch with the fact that we're talking about a sport.  A sport that has much more to do with skill and talent than it does fighting (and I like the fighting for the most part).  But I don't like seeing people get serious injuries when they could be prevented.  Go watch the toughman competition at the county fair if you like that.