It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight!

From what fluto is saying on his initial lineups he has Seguin scratched tongiht.  These games build character.  Would love to see how Seguin does under the pressure of the Canadiens on the road.  Seguin needs to develop a little more grit and these games help towards that. He has been showing more grit as of late.  Let him play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight!

a sign of things to come? how much(if any) playing time will he see in the playoffs? we'll see...IMO the bruins aren't HURT by not having him in the lineup, nor are they HELPED that much. playing seguin/not playing seguin is a non-factor in the outcome of the game. think about it... how many games has he been a factor in the decision?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight!:
    [QUOTE]a sign of things to come? how much(if any) playing time will he see in the playoffs? we'll see...IMO the bruins aren't HURT by not having him in the lineup, nor are they HELPED that much. playing seguin/not playing seguin is a non-factor in the outcome of the game. think about it... how many games has he been a factor in the decision?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Take your question a step further and ask if Paille has EVER been a factor in a Boston victory?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Seguin's play has been noticeably better of late. So now Clod decides to sit him? Par for the course.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : Take your question a step further and ask if Paille has EVER been a factor in a Boston victory?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

In Paille's first season with the Bruins he really did seem to be a defensive presence every game.  I don't see that anymore, but in my memory he was a factor when we picked him up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]a sign of things to come? how much(if any) playing time will he see in the playoffs? we'll see...IMO the bruins aren't HURT by not having him in the lineup, nor are they HELPED that much. playing seguin/not playing seguin is a non-factor in the outcome of the game. think about it... how many games has he been a factor in the decision?

Rework your question: Who many games was he given a chance of be a factor?

Claude Julien and his coaching staff are missing the boat. How can Seguin possibly help in the playoffs? He is being made an outcast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Yes, Seguin has been a factor in a few games - more negatively than positively.
    Bruins need this game tonight and Paille brings the speed and defensive responsibility that's needed.

My belief is that Seguin is scratched for the majority of the playoffs in favor of Paille. If he's not playing in an important division game tonight, why would Claude play him in the playoffs? Either that or his stamina is poor. (On that topic - Don't understand why I see Seguin drifting back defensively alllllll the time. That needs to change quick. You can't fly down the offensive zone and then skate back to the defensive zone like you are trying to sell an icing. If I can see it, CJ definitely can.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

he's a rookie on a cup contending team...what exactly is clode supposed to do? it's not the same situation as 99% of the rookies face. you do not sacrifice the TEAMS success to nurture a PLAYERS development.  edmonton can afford to nurture right now- there are no playoff aspirations-cup dreams

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I would scratch him for the rest of the season after watching his interview with Haggs the other day.  He admitted to going to the Justin Beiber movie and thinking it was a really good movie, and was dead serious.  Justin Beiber?  Come on, Tyler!  I am starting to question this kid's character after that one, trade him now before he starts missing games because he would rather stay home to watch Hanna Montana and spongebob marathons. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dez- i'm with you, paille has been no better than seguin. the thing is there are not any considerably better options available- one of these guys has to play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Seems to me the biggest problem is his role.  If the spot really is Paille v Seguin as a 4th line winger, as much of a stiff as Paille is, I think I take him.  He's a 4th line player with some defensive ability, speed and zero offensive capabilities.  With Seguin, he's a young, raw, kinda lightweight offensive talent... who is completely lost playing on an "energy"/checking line with 2 no-skill players like Thornton and Soup.  Marchand's aggressiveness and physicality made up for this; Seguin is not that guy.

Neither player will make or break the game, but I think Paille "fits" that spot better, and all I'm interested in today is the team result.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude has missed the boat on Seguin, what a waste of talent. With one month to go it would not help to subject the kid to more restraints. This is blatant stupidity on Claude's part. Better to sit the kid so none of Claude's screw-ups will affect his future. Next year he will come to camp bigger and stronger, and unless the Bruins win the cup, without Claude.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight!:
    [QUOTE]From what fluto is saying on his initial lineups he has Seguin scratched tongiht.  These games build character.  Would love to see how Seguin does under the pressure of the Canadiens on the road.  Seguin needs to develop a little more grit and these games help towards that. He has been showing more grit as of late.  Let him play.
    Posted by paulyboy[/QUOTE]

We are more than 60 games in.  It's the "stretch run".  From now on (and through the playoffs), we have to balance a) staying healthy with b) winning.

Development is moot. This is not a "rebuilding" year

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez- i'm with you, paille has been no better than seguin. the thing is there are not any considerably better options available- one of these guys has to play.
    I just find Paille's lack of finish to be frustrating at best.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : I just find Paille's lack of finish to be frustrating at best.

Last game my buddy said, "I really like Peverley's game".  I replied, "yeah except he hasn't learned not to pass the puck to Paille yet.  I mean I never thought I would call anyone a poor man's Axelsson, but here he is. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It could also be for protection.  Montreal got hurt and embarrassed last game.  Who do you think their #1 target to hurt would be?  Seguin.  No one is touching Krejci because Lucic would kill.  Keeping Seguin in the press box keeps the team's most vulnerable player out of harm's way.

Of course, keeping Seguin in the press box also gives the B's a better chance to win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : Last game my buddy said, "I really like Peverley's game".  I replied, "yeah except he hasn't learned not to pass the puck to Paille yet.  I mean I never thought I would call anyone a poor man's Axelsson, but here he is. 
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    Axelsson is the only pro I've seen who's slap-shot has an arc on it.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

The Bruins are going to need  Paille on the penalty kill tonight we all know the Canadiens will be getting the calls playing at home. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : Take your question a step further and ask if Paille has EVER been a factor in a Boston victory?

at least paille can hit. he really lit up that sawada guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Totally fine with this decision. And dont have a problem seeing Seguin sit for the whole playoffs. Hes not ready for the playoffs. Hes Fragile and the game gets even faster and more physical come playoffs. He'll get killed out there. One more note on Seguin. Is he ever gonna hold his stick with two hands. Always floating aroung the defensive end with one hand on the stick and his hands at his side, annoying. He's a rookie and I havent expected any more out of him than what we got production wise, which by the way isnt too bad, but he has some glaring fundamentals that need work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

im sure if kessel was here he would be sitting?   hmmmmmm....thank goodness we got this seguin kid

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : Axelsson is the only pro I've seen who's slap-shot has an arc on it.....

Indeed, and if the objective were to hit the goalie square in the center of the chest protector, he would have gone down as one of the great players in NHL history.  His ability to do so from anywhere on the ice including on breakaways was quite amazing.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]im sure if kessel was here he would be sitting?   hmmmmmm....thank goodness we got this seguin kid
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Coward.
    I cant wait till this guy becomes a superstar, it means you will disappear forever from these boards. You have had months and months to get over Kessel leaving and you still cant do it. You are one weak b*tch.

Sections
Shortcuts