It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight!

Seguin would help the 3rd line more than Kelly can...Kelly belongs on the 4th line with Campbell and Paille/Thornton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight!:
    im sure if kessel was here he would be sitting?   hmmmmmm....thank goodness we got this seguin kid
    Posted by bruins8

How is that relevant to this discussion??? You have issues, my friend!
    Have you not yet realized that you are the only one who keeps bringing up Kessel??

I think you should get over it. I don't think Kessel likes men. But don't worry... there's plenty of fish in the sea! Good luck with that & all your other issues!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Thanks Claude, way to make Seguin seem like a bust. I will be at the game tonight and the btw. Paille stinks to the high heavens, Seguin has double the goals he has

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Seguin has weaknesses in his game right now. I can't deny that, but he has been playing better as of late. It just appears to me Julien has his mind made up about him & he will be the odd man out.

Julien & the Bs definately deserve some criticism this season on there handling of SEguin. I would not be surprised if CJ wanted him to go back to junior at the beginning of the season & the brass kept him against CJs wishes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ahh...the inevitable Seguin/Paille debate. We should all face facts, Paille will be in for the rest of the season and playoffs and Seguin will sit or pull spot duty should someone get injured.

BTW: Paille was not needed on the PK early in the season when he sat most games or now with the addition of Kelly and Peverly. I am kind of sick of this argument. As for his defence, he is one of the few B's that does not have a positive +/- (and yes I am aware Seguin is -1 but this is about Paille not the kid). He rarely hits despite his suspendable offence. As for his scoring, well...

I am not arguing for Seguin in place of Paille. Both are not having wonderful seasons. I am just sick of the fake Paille arguments. Now can we get on with our lives?....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

My thing is we should have seen CJ put Seguin in spots where his strenghts were better utilized.

Julien is so concerned with what Seguin can't do as opposed to what he can do. On a team which could use more high end talent & definitely more speed the Bs should have been more lenient with him through the season so he could improve & possibly play a factor come playoff time.

Right now the kid looks scared to make mistakes & is more concerned with just getting rid of the puck as opposed to letting his skill take over & playing to his strenghts while knowing full well the team can live with his defieciencies. The kid has been handled terribly & CJ & the Bs brass deserves criticism.

Chia & company were telling everyone last summer how Seguin was ready for the NHL. Apparently the coach disagrees so either the coach is handling him wrong or the Bruins brass were wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The coaches job is to put a player in a position to succeed.  I don't see how putting Seguin on the 4th line tonight sets him up for success.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : Axelsson is the only pro I've seen who's slap-shot has an arc on it.....
    Posted by dezaruchi

Can we add Janney to that list dez?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

As predicted... another Seguin Fanboy with his panties in a bunch.  It's like clockwork.

Anyone still whining about "developing" a rookie at this stage of the season clearly has their priorities screwed up... the kid just turned 19.  He's got plenty of time to "develop" ... it's all about hunkering down for the Stanley Cup run now.

Not "seeing how he plays under the heat lamp" or any other nonsense.

All the Fanboys will just have to make-do with their Seguin posters on their walls and their Seguin rookie cards... because he's going to sit in tough games going forward. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

the coaches job is to win games. i think seguin is not a top 9 fw and shouldn't be on the top 3 lines. he should be on the 4th instead of thornton cuz he's better than him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

From rookie camp I said Sequin wasn't going to be that good! He is just a kid, let him develope in the AHL or College somewhere. Unfortunately he is not ready for "THE SHOW".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Seguin just turned 19, he's playing on a Cup contending team, and he's playing in a system which doesn't best suit his play right now, unless he's on one of the top two lines and he's not getting a spot there unless Recchi collapses. 

Give the kid a break.  He's a kid - a kid who'll take Ryder's spot as a wing next year and he'll have a year under his belt and he'll contribute as the Bruins contend for the Cup AGAIN next year.  In Montreal, tonight, I'd play Paille and avoid Seguin being a target for the Habs' after-the-whistle crap and the B's inability to respond considering that Colin Campbell will be in the stands.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

the coaches job is to win games. i think seguin is not a top 9 fw and shouldn't be on the top 3 lines. he should be on the 4th instead of thornton cuz he's better than him.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

I respectfully disagree.  Seguin is a skill player not a 4th line mucker.  He'll get his shot next year as a top 9 forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Posted by goodnewsbears

I don't understand posts which say to remove Thornton.  Thornton's the only one who can stand up for teammates and spend 5 minutes in the box without hurting the team's offensive or defensive chances.  And I don't see Seguin in that role, do you?  If you want Seguin in the top nine, sit Ryder or Recchi, but I wouldn't remove either of them tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Posted by goodnewsbears

Actually for a team that has been bounced in 2nd round for 2 consecutive years Julien should be using the Terry Francona model. Show some confidence in the kid so that he continues to improve throughout the season so he will be better by the time April rolls around.

Seguin has the upside to provide so much more then Dan Paille. Noone will remember a win against Montreal in March if the Bs get bounced again in round 2. Show some confidence in the kid & he may actually show some confidence in himself on the ice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : I respectfully disagree.  Seguin is a skill player not a 4th line mucker.  He'll get his shot next year as a top 9 forward.
    Posted by hangnail

i agree he has skill and he'll be a top 9 next year. i just don't think he's there yet. i wouldn't be surprised if he gets 20-25 goals next year and 30+ in 2 years. i just don't see him as a top 9 this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : I don't understand posts which say to remove Thornton.  Thornton's the only one who can stand up for teammates and spend 5 minutes in the box without hurting the team's offensive or defensive chances.  And I don't see Seguin in that role, do you?  If you want Seguin in the top nine, sit Ryder or Recchi, but I wouldn't remove either of them tonight.
    Posted by huscroft28

the fact that thornton can sit for 5 minutes and it doesn't hurt us is the reason i want him out. i'd rather have a guy like mcquaid, lucic, horton, chara who can take care of business and actually help us win the games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : Actually for a team that has been bounced in 2nd round for 2 consecutive years Julien should be using the Terry Francona model. Show some confidence in the kid so that he continues to improve throughout the season so he will be better by the time April rolls around. Seguin has the upside to provide so much more then Dan Paille. Noone will remember a win against Montreal in March if the Bs get bounced again in round 2. Show some confidence in the kid & he may actually show some confidence in himself on the ice.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

i actually had to google to know who terry francona was. i'm a hockey guy and don't really care about other sports. hockey and baseball are different. it's been a long time since a 19 year-old has had an impact in the stanley cup playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: It appears that Seguin is a scratch tonight! : the fact that thornton can sit for 5 minutes and it doesn't hurt us is the reason i want him out. i'd rather have a guy like mcquaid, lucic, horton, chara who can take care of business and actually help us win the games.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Huh?  You want Lucic, Horton, Chara, or McQuaid to sit in the box because some dirtbag from another team has targeted Seguin or Krejci like, dare I say, Matt Cooke or Subban or the idiot with the red hair in Philly?  That's what Thornton's role is and the guys you mention never sit when Thornton's dressed - I don't get your point.  The related thread was whether Seguin should play on the fourth line, not Chara or Lucic or Hort ... I'm wasting my breath.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think we are a better team with Seguin in the lineup... but, that aside, this might be a smart move 1) to keep him safe from Habs retaliation and 2) to improve our PK since that is really all Paille seems to be really good at!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

And Seguins playing

I think we need to stop believing Haggerty when he reports this stuff

Sections
Shortcuts