It is obvious: Seguin needs to be playing center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poochi62. Show poochi62's posts

It is obvious: Seguin needs to be playing center

When is Claude going to wake up and play Seguin in his natural position, Center?  The kid is struggling on wing and it is obvious that he does better on open ice rather than trapped and pinned along the boards.  I know the ice surface is bigger in Europe, but clearly his point totals during his time there proved he is better suited to the middle of the ice.  They should move Kelly to a wing and let Krejci, Bergeron and Seguin be the top 3 centers.  Personally I would love to see Sequin centering Horton and Marchand as they would be a good mix of speed and size to make that combination work.  Sequin would set those 2 up constantly.  Also please let the kid play on the power play....a LOT!  He is their best playmaker and needs to play on the first unit continually. 

Hopefully now that they unloaded Thomas and his salary cap hit, they can get a sniper-wing to play alongside Seguin or Krejci as I just don't see Bourque cutting it long term.  They clearly have the money to upgrade that spot now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: It is obvious: Seguin needs to be playing center

His 29/38/67 +34 line last year begs to differ.

He's been slumping early on, hopefully after his 2 point game the other night he will continue to produce. No big deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to poochi62's comment:

They should move Kelly to a wing and let Krejci, Bergeron and Seguin be the top 3 centers.

How would you like them to distribute time on ice?  Who gets the short minutes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He will, someday. 

He's too fast for Horton.

Best playmaker?  Not sure about that one.

Sniper?  What team is eager to trade one?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

When is Claude going to wake up and play Seguin in his natural position, Center?  The kid is struggling on wing and it is obvious that he does better on open ice rather than trapped and pinned along the boards.  I know the ice surface is bigger in Europe, but clearly his point totals during his time there proved he is better suited to the middle of the ice.  They should move Kelly to a wing and let Krejci, Bergeron and Seguin be the top 3 centers.  Personally I would love to see Sequin centering Horton and Marchand as they would be a good mix of speed and size to make that combination work.  Sequin would set those 2 up constantly.  Also please let the kid play on the power play....a LOT!  He is their best playmaker and needs to play on the first unit continually. 

Hopefully now that they unloaded Thomas and his salary cap hit, they can get a sniper-wing to play alongside Seguin or Krejci as I just don't see Bourque cutting it long term.  They clearly have the money to upgrade that spot now.

Since you speak in absolutes may have the lottery numbers for this evening please?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Trade Krejci.

Replace Horton with the best FA winger you can find.

gg.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Trade DK for Iggy.  

Seguin between horton lucic

bergie with iggy and brad. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Gotta agree with NAS here - who gets the short minutes in your scenario? You could end up killing overall productvity due to a split in icetime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I am so sick of Sequin.  I much prefer Seguin. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

on open ice rather than trapped and pinned along the boards.

Do you understand what the objective of the trap is for players carrying the puck through the middle of the ice ? Open ice isn't always there just because you play centre. Open ice can also be up the wings.

He is their best playmaker and needs to play on the first unit continually.

He tries to beat players one-on-one more often then distributing the puck as their best playmaker. I like his PP skills as a sniper more then being a playmaker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProudBruinsfan. Show ProudBruinsfan's posts

Excellent point poochi....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Chowda, I respect your view.  Does Seguin have the propensity to shoot high on the goalies when coming down the wing.  He seems to pick top corners, but the goalies imo seem to have adjusted to his tactic.  He does get the puck off quickly, but should he shoot low for the change?   

I agree he needs to play with speed, although I would not call Krecji a speed demon.  I have noticed that he is going to the corners with the idea of checking more often.  

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

on open ice rather than trapped and pinned along the boards.

Do you understand what the objective of the trap is for players carrying the puck through the middle of the ice ? Open ice isn't always there just because you play centre. Open ice can also be up the wings.

He is their best playmaker and needs to play on the first unit continually.

He tries to beat players one-on-one more often then distributing the puck as their best playmaker. I like his PP skills as a sniper more then being a playmaker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Trade DK for Iggy. 

Once again adding age with a bigger salary to a cap that is going down this fall is not economical. Seguins drive to the net on his goal, assisted by Krejci in the Montreal game, shows me that TS knows how to play wing. Seguins defensive responisbilites as a center would worry me and Julien.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San

my thought is in fast fwd mode.  i think horton leaves.   Not sure i would trade the asset(dk) for him when he will be a ufa at seasons end.  I would like him as an upgrade on horton though And shorter deal based on hortons health.  I think hortons gone.  I think seguin is fine where he is but hes a guy who can finish or create with his speed.  You can teach him defense.  You cant teach his gift for offense.  

Sections
Shortcuts