It took Bobby Orr (the greatest hockey player of all time) 17 games to score 4 goals in the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: It took Bobby Orr (the greatest hockey player of all time) 17 games to score 4 goals in the playoffs

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Orr is the best defenseman ever.  Gretzky best player ever.  

Orr is the best hockey player that ever played on this planet PERIOD shuperman 

Nope.  Best dman ever.  2nd best player ever.  Gretzky is the best and his 60 plus nhl records agree with me.  

Get lost with your Nhl Stats you are probably too young so never saw Bobby Orr played otherwise you would know that he is way ahead of Gretsky ...

Gretzky.  Its not nhl stats. Its nhl records.  He owns everything but a norris and vezina.  

Gretzky definitely had the best NHL career of any player ever.

But if you saw both of them play, you would know which one was better.  It wasn't Gretzky.

As a matter of fact, #66 might be #2.

I wasnt old enough to appreciate orr, wish i would have been.  I did see all of gretzky and no one in the world can tell me differently.  Mario likely is my #3 but hes way back of wayne or bobby.  I think mario is the best pure goal scorer ever.  i think no one will ever think the game as well as gretzky.  He didnt have the hardest shot, he was a skinny unathletic frame that dominated his game for nearly 20 yrs.  no pro athlete has done more for their sport.  Hes a god in my eyes. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: It took Bobby Orr (the greatest hockey player of all time) 17 games to score 4 goals in the playoffs

Orr is the best defenseman ever.  Gretzky best player ever.  

Orr is the best hockey player that ever played on this planet PERIOD shuperman 

Nope.  Best dman ever.  2nd best player ever.  Gretzky is the best and his 60 plus nhl records agree with me.  

Get lost with your Nhl Stats you are probably too young so never saw Bobby Orr played otherwise you would know that he is way ahead of Gretsky ...

Gretzky.  Its not nhl stats. Its nhl records.  He owns everything but a norris and vezina.  

But if you saw both of them play, you would know which one was better.  It wasn't Gretzky.

I wasnt old enough to appreciate orr, wish i would have been.  I did see all of gretzky and no one in the world can tell me differently.  Mario likely is my #3 but hes way back of wayne or bobby.  I think mario is the best pure goal scorer ever.  i think no one will ever think the game as well as gretzky.  He didnt have the hardest shot, he was a skinny unathletic frame that dominated his game for nearly 20 yrs.  no pro athlete has done more for their sport.  Hes a god in my eyes. 

don't reply to soxfan. He doesn't deserve our attention. the entire board should put him on ignore. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to red75's comment:

No you never, because you know there's not a game tonight.

And don't you DARE call into question my mental capacities you F.N. loon.

I know you've said before that you like me - I used to like you as well. I considered you the goofy uncle. I found you endearing.

But over the course of the last 24 months? You make null look like a good poster.

Stanley, do me favour and put me on ignore, and I'll do the same to you. That way we can both come to this board and never have to deal directly with each other again.

You are the worst poster on this forum by a country mile and since you won't change your ways, and I won't change mine, a mutual ignore sounds like a fit option.

Whatcha think?

OMG. Stanley, you've p*ssed off red. Didn't think that was possible. I hope you don't see it as some sort of achievement. Because it isn't. 

And you know, I love Krug's achievements so far but you are living in crazy land if you think anyone can compare him to Orr at this stage.

So just stop.  No more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I agree...this trade might take something like Marchand, Krug or Boychuk, Svedberg and our first (if we had one). Too much talent going the wrong way...

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

First, yay, another stanley "i told you so" thread. Even after he said he wouldn't do that anymore.

As for the second part, Stanley, I disagree with you here. The Florida Panthers hold the second overall pick. You are suggesting that the Bruins offer Peverley (less than no trade value, most on here think he will be bought out), Kelly (next to no trade value, full no trade clause, another buyout candidate), and the rights to negotiate with unrestricted free agent Anton Khudobin (a 27 year old goalie who has played a total of 21 NHL games), for JUST the second overall pick? Why not ask for Huberdeau as well? You lunatic. 

I am not GM yet but I always try my best to suggest ways of making our team better ...wait till I getthe job ...you'll see how good I can be at screwing other GMs 

thankfully, i'll never have to see that disaster. But can I just ask you something stan, why would florida trade that pick for three piles of junk? Those three players MIGHT get you florida's 5th round pick. probably not. That's the max you could get. What makes you think the 2nd overall pick (just think tyler seguin, drew doughty, evgeni malkin, bobby ryan, jordan staal) is in play for two overpaid, arguably bad, old hockey players, and a free agent backup goalie?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

I know you've said before that you like me - I used to like you as well. I considered you the goofy uncle. I found you endearing.

But over the course of the last 24 months? You make null look like a good poster.

Stanley, do me favour and put me on ignore, and I'll do the same to you. That way we can both come to this board and never have to deal directly with each other again.

You are the worst poster on this forum by a country mile and since you won't change your ways, and I won't change mine, a mutual ignore sounds like a fit option.

Whatcha think?

OMG. Stanley, you've p*ssed off red. Didn't think that was possible. I hope you don't see it as some sort of achievement. Because it isn't. 

And you know, I love Krug's achievements so far but you are living in crazy land if you think anyone can compare him to Orr at this stage.

So just stop.  No more.

I have not compared Krug with Orr ...to me Bobby Orr wich is the reason why I have became a Bruins fans in the late 60's ..all I did is highlighed the fact that the kid has to be dam good for having done something in 5 games that took Bobby Orr 17 games to do .....red is disrespecful and thinks that only her opinion his right ...she keeps saying that I have made a few bad predictions ...but she forgets that :

I have predicted the Cup to the Bruins in 2011 ...

I am the on,y one this year that was saying that Krug would be good with the Bruins and would help our PP after seing him in Montreal for just one game (after we lost 6-5) I was pissed because the Bruins only kept Krug for one game I kept saying thata he was the best puck mover as a D that I had seen since Ray Bourque 

I have also predicted the number of goals and points that Blake Wheeler would get this season I had said that BW would get 18g and 38 points...well he finally got 19 goals and 41 points 

I always said from the beginning thta trading Wheeler for PEV was a bad trade ...dont tell me that there are still some fans who think it was a good one ??  Some will say that we won A Stanley Cup    With Pev ...I reply we just would have won that cup a little easier with BW

and I could go on and on with some facts that I have highlighted over the last few years 

and because I know the game and I make good predictions I pissed Mrs Jets fan ???

Here is another fact for you Mrs Jets fan ....PC will trade Chara before the end of the 2014-2015 season ...just remember this prediction made today June 1st 2013 ...and Tyler Seguin will get 75 points next season and if the Bruins win tonight ...kiss it good bye its another Stanley Cup for the city of Boston...yep right Boston ...not Winipeg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I welcome every Bruins fan  on this board but I dont like other team's fans that come here and think they know the game better than anyone else ....I call them the ennemy spies...this is a board dedicated to the Bruins fans ...all the others should go on their team,s board to talk about their players (message to the scabs fans and other teams fans such as the Jets) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Khudobin will be a UFA.

Stanley did make a late-season push for Krug,  wanted him converted to wing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to TomOBrien's comment:

I agree...this trade might take something like Marchand, Krug or Boychuk, Svedberg and our first (if we had one). Too much talent going the wrong way...

First, yay, another stanley "i told you so" thread. Even after he said he wouldn't do that anymore.

As for the second part, Stanley, I disagree with you here. The Florida Panthers hold the second overall pick. You are suggesting that the Bruins offer Peverley (less than no trade value, most on here think he will be bought out), Kelly (next to no trade value, full no trade clause, another buyout candidate), and the rights to negotiate with unrestricted free agent Anton Khudobin (a 27 year old goalie who has played a total of 21 NHL games), for JUST the second overall pick? Why not ask for Huberdeau as well? You lunatic. 

I am not GM yet but I always try my best to suggest ways of making our team better ...wait till I getthe job ...you'll see how good I can be at screwing other GMs 

thankfully, i'll never have to see that disaster. But can I just ask you something stan, why would florida trade that pick for three piles of junk? Those three players MIGHT get you florida's 5th round pick. probably not. That's the max you could get. What makes you think the 2nd overall pick (just think tyler seguin, drew doughty, evgeni malkin, bobby ryan, jordan staal) is in play for two overpaid, arguably bad, old hockey players, and a free agent backup goalie?

i have heard last night at the combine that the Panthers were trying to see if there was some teams interested in their picks..the Bruins have no pick in the 1st round and just the fact that Pev and Kelly won a Stanley Cup increase their value on the market the longer the Bruins are playing in these playoffs the more visibility these players have ..if only they could score a few goals it would increase their values even more, Khudo has some excellent stats as a roockie this season and could become a number 1 goalie with the Panthers ..they really need a number 1 goalie and they could use players like Kelly , and PEV ....who knows maybe their GM likes them ...2 established NHL players one excellent young goalie for theirnumber 3 pick ...I dont think it is a ridiculous offer...if you never go fishing you will never catch a fish...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Khudobin will be a UFA.

Stanley did make a late-season push for Krug,  wanted him converted to wing.

I wanted him with the big team no matter what it would take to call him up and since there was no injured D's when I first suggested that the Bruins should call him up I said use him as a forward if we have too it would still have been a huge upgrade over Mr useless....I am glad they finally gave him a chance because now the way he plays they cant send him back with the P-Bruins and there are other player sas good as Krug that are waiting to get a chance (Camper, Spooner, tardif, Cunningham) just to name a few ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

And by the way Mrs Jets fan I am not here to make ennemies ....I am here to make friends and believe me I have made a lot of good friends in here and ther are a lot of nice people among the Bruins fans ..

Have a nice day and enjoy the game tonight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Orr is the best defenseman ever.  Gretzky best player scorer ever.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I have made a lot of good friends in here 

Name one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to TomOBrien's comment:

i have heard last night at the combine that the Panthers were trying to see if there was some teams interested in their picks..the Bruins have no pick in the 1st round and just the fact that Pev and Kelly won a Stanley Cup increase their value on the market the longer the Bruins are playing in these playoffs the more visibility these players have ..if only they could score a few goals it would increase their values even more, Khudo has some excellent stats as a roockie this season and could become a number 1 goalie with the Panthers ..they really need a number 1 goalie and they could use players like Kelly , and PEV ....who knows maybe their GM likes them ...2 established NHL players one excellent young goalie for theirnumber 3 pick ...I dont think it is a ridiculous offer...if you never go fishing you will never catch a fish...

uhhh okay. you say peverley is the worst bruin in the past 5 years, but sure, he along with an overpaid 3rd line center, and a free agent goalie will get you the number 2 overall pick. Khudo isn't young. He's 27. Florida also has a goalie. So you can keep getting mad at people coming on here saying they know more about the NHL than you do, but you shouldn't because they're all correct. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Stan, You make 600 random predictions, one or two come true and then you're like "See? I knew it all along!" That needs to stop. It's delusional.

Also, 2 guys having tough seasons and a UFA (who you said is way better than Rask)  for the 2nd overall pick?? Really? REALLY??? I agree that the Cats should throw in Huberdeau as well. What the hell, they should ask for Weiss too.

You've declared this team dead and buried multiple times this season. No one can take you seriously anymore.

You're the one who drew the Krug/Orr comparisons. No one else. According to the stat you posted, Krug isn't only a better playoff performer than Orr, he's 3 times as good.

If the B's don't win the Cup you'll say "I told you so, blahblahblah Khudobin".

If the B's win the Cup you'll say "I told you so, blahblahblah Krug".

Just stop it, please.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[/QUOTE]
    Bingo!!! To me the best way to determine best ever is to imagine 5 Orr's on the ice vs 5 Gretzky's. It would be no match at all. Orr was dominant in so many aspects of the game. Gretz had a much more narrow skill set, off the charts like Orr but narrow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Never underestimate the BEARS....

KRUG will be a superstar

If the Bruins win tonight ....they'll be in the Stanley Cup final

PEV wont be with our team next season 

BRUINS will be even better next season

Khudo is gone 

one or two of the young guns fron P-Bruins will make the team next season (among Spoon, Tardif, Cunningham, Camper).  I dont see Koko close to the NHL,   Knight is not ready and Seth Griffith will have a great season with the P-Bruins....will you please keep this post till next year ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Never saw Orr play. Saw all of Lemieux and Gretzky. Lemeiux definetly behind Gretzky. I dont think we'll ever see another Gretzky

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Bingo!!! To me the best way to determine best ever is to imagine 5 Orr's on the ice vs 5 Gretzky's. It would be no match at all. Orr was dominant in so many aspects of the game. Gretz had a much more narrow skill set, off the charts like Orr but narrow.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO ....ORR was just unreal every time he was on the ice, dominant on the PP , dominant 5 on 5 but most of all dominant on the PK I remember a game against Detroit on the PK .. Bobby kept the puck for a full minute no one on the wings wanted to go on him afraid they would look like a fool chasing after Bobby Orr...I feel blessed that I got to watch his whole carrer and watching Bobby Orr was a pure delight ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Never saw Orr play. Saw all of Lemieux and Gretzky. Lemeiux definetly behind Gretzky. I dont think we'll ever see another Gretzky

Kelvana you are right Gretsky was great and Lemieux as well but ORR was BOBBY ORR 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I have made a lot of good friends in here 

Name one.

I wont because those good friends sent me personnal supports ...because it looks like bashing and insulting Stanley is very trendy ....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

With complete sincerity, I feel sorry for those that haven't. if a player comes along who is better then Bobby Orr, may the Good Lord let me be alive to see him because he is going to be one hell of a player to watch."-Milt Schmidt

sorry for the font size but I couldn't fix it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People love to hang the "Bobby Orr changed the way hockey was played" stuff on the argument that he's the best ever.

Maybe he had all those points because people didn't know how to defend that style yet?  (I'm not saying it's true, but it's possible.)

Gretzky destroyed records.  No one could stop him.  Best ever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Whatcha think?

So just stop.  No more.

I have not compared Krug with Orr ...to me Bobby Orr wich is the reason why I have became a Bruins fans in the late 60's ..all I did is highlighed the fact that the kid has to be dam good for having done something in 5 games that took Bobby Orr 17 games to do .....red is disrespecful and thinks that only her opinion his right ...she keeps saying that I have made a few bad predictions ...but she forgets that :

I have predicted the Cup to the Bruins in 2011 ...

I am the on,y one this year that was saying that Krug would be good with the Bruins and would help our PP after seing him in Montreal for just one game (after we lost 6-5) I was pissed because the Bruins only kept Krug for one game I kept saying thata he was the best puck mover as a D that I had seen since Ray Bourque 

I have also predicted the number of goals and points that Blake Wheeler would get this season I had said that BW would get 18g and 38 points...well he finally got 19 goals and 41 points 

I always said from the beginning thta trading Wheeler for PEV was a bad trade ...dont tell me that there are still some fans who think it was a good one ??  Some will say that we won A Stanley Cup    With Pev ...I reply we just would have won that cup a little easier with BW

and I could go on and on with some facts that I have highlighted over the last few years 

and because I know the game and I make good predictions I pissed Mrs Jets fan ???

Here is another fact for you Mrs Jets fan ....PC will trade Chara before the end of the 2014-2015 season ...just remember this prediction made today June 1st 2013 ...and Tyler Seguin will get 75 points next season and if the Bruins win tonight ...kiss it good bye its another Stanley Cup for the city of Boston...yep right Boston ...not Winipeg

you have a tenuous grasp on the english language, and a worse grasp on the sport of hockey. You are a lot like eklund. You make 100 predictions, 3 are correct on a good day, and then you say I WAS RIGHT I AM A GENIUS. Sure, you predicted the Bs to win the cup in 2011. You also did that in 2008,2009,2010, and 2012. 1 for 5, good for you. You also said the Bruins couldn't go anywhere this year, and should worry about where they're drafting. You guaranteed Khudo would be the starter by now. Whoops. Blake Wheeler, remember him? after his rookie season you guraranteed he would score 350 goals in the next 10 seasons. Well, if he turns into a 60 goal a year guy you got a shot. And now you have Peverley, a guy who you said is the worst player to wear a bruins uniform in 5 years, as the centerpiece of a trade for the 2nd overall pick. Dude, hockey is too complicated for you. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No argument form me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Orr is the best defenseman ever.  Gretzky best player scorer ever.  

Precisely.

Sections
Shortcuts