It was all my fault, fellas. And for that, I am sorry...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

It was all my fault, fellas. And for that, I am sorry...

You know me. You know how superstitious I am. In fact, I can hardly believe I am spilling this, as I am afraid of jinxing it, but alas, it's 1am, I'm a little drunk, and what is.... Is. It was Christmas time. As anyone here in Jersey will tell you, it's been unseasonably warm all winter. Except or a freak Halloween snowstorm, and a few inches we got in January (that melted the next day) its been weirdly warm. But we had guests coming over for the holidays, so my wife and I finally did our winter clean-up. You know, boxing up the warm weather clothes and retiring them to the attic until spring. I thought nothing of it. And the Bruins, who dominated all of November and December, well, there was no real explanation to thier funk. Maybe tired, maybe after winning 4 rounds of playoff hockey it just gets hard to tke midseason games seriously. I don't know. Don't really care. I, for one, am still in the glow of finally seeing something I literally prayed my entire life to see. It's all good. But then I realized the season is winding down, but the bad habits have set in. I would love to see them win back to back, but I am not greedy. I do want, however, them to at least have a strong postseason showing... Again with the weather. It's warming up already. It was the second week of March and I already had to mow my lawn! Whats THAT about?! My wife decided to pack away the winter clothes, and when she pulled out the boxes of summer clothes, there it was. The hat. The Bruins ball cap. Not any ball cap, mind you. The lucky one. The one I picked up at my one and only visit to Boston Garden. The one I wore to my first, long awaited game at TD (Tuukka's first start, 1-0 shutout of the Rangers) The hat that was lost several times yet always found its way back to me. The hat I wore every day of the playoffs last year. It was Friday. The Bruins had just gotten thumped for th second game in a row on their Florida trip. I wore it every moment I was awake, then a win vs Philly! A win vs Toronto! A tight loss then 2 more wins! 4 out of 5 since. And while they still have some bad habits to break, there have been such positive signs! The 2-goals in a minute, go for the throat is back! Owning the third period is back. The confidence is returning. It was all my fault, and I won't do it again. I am sorry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: It was all my fault, fellas. And for that, I am sorry...

Your spelling and punctuation are really good for a drunk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL.... send me whatever you're on....
    yes I know you and all your voodoo superstition. I think it was your new ipad the problem.
    Now just make sure that cap stays clean all through the playoffs.
    Oh and one more thing, I also literally prayed my entire life to see them win that cup at least one I fully remember and enjoy. 
    It's all good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Owning the third period is back? You were drunk for the Ducks game for sure!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboman88. Show zamboman88's posts

Hmmmm,  and all this time I thought it was because of me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya, I have a B's shirt I wore all year last year and during the playoffs. This year, not so much. BUT, it will be worn through all of the playoffs and so will my Lucic Jersey, which I didnt have last year for the playoffs. Wife bought it for me in the offseason. So the Jersey will be worn as well. I have to double up the clothing for the playoffs this year. So when they win back to back, I will buy some B's Socks and triple it up next year. LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Entertaining read Dave!!!  Hahahahaha.... we all have those items that we secretly truly believe make the difference for our beloved Bruins. I hope they are all on display again this year come playoff time and not packed away in an old box in the attic...another Stanley Cup would be awesome and I for one won't be jinxing my team!!!  My Bobby Orr hockey cards will be in front of the TV every night!!  GO BRUINS!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: It was all my fault, fellas. And for that, I am sorry...:
    [QUOTE]Your spelling and punctuation are really good for a drunk.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Hemingway, Faulkner were pretty well lubed all the time, so yah, spelling punctuation and quality of writing goes way up.

It's one of the few things former english majors can tell you, along with when to use "who" and "whom".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: It was all my fault, fellas. And for that, I am sorry...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It was all my fault, fellas. And for that, I am sorry... : Hemingway, Faulkner were pretty well lubed all the time, so yah, spelling punctuation and quality of writing goes way up. It's one of the few things former english majors can tell you, along with when to use "who" and "whom".
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Interesting point. I think I might just try that next time I'm smashed out of my mind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I think I need to tell my wife to relieve me of my iPad when I take an Ambien. *embarrassed*

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Don't ask me how, Dave, but all along I suspected it had something to do with you. Don't let it happen again!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Wearing it now, and I promise I will wear it every day until there are no more games to play! :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

I THOUGHT our cup win started  with me switching to Lakeport pilsener at the start of the playoffs against the Habs.The beer store ran out of pilsener so I had to make the switch to Lakeport Honey  against the Canucks in the finals..it worked.My gloating beverage has been  Bud till now.Will be makeing the move to Pil come playoff time.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Okay, no more saying us goalies are the weird ones.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Kel, you guys are still the weird ones, but people that are high on Ambien are weird too lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dave, I never asked but how does someone deep in Jersey become a Bruins fan ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Lived in Merrimack, NH till I was 16 :)