It was so cold in Boston the other day...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

Re: It was so cold in Boston the other day...

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jacobspleasesell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was probably reaching for some of the money that he has from when the team he owns won the Cup two years ago.

What a great owner!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, one cup in 36 years. That's some awesome track record. Meanwhile he spearheaded 3 work stoppages in just over a decade because the league that he helped overexpand found itself in financial trouble. Maybe if he hadn't gone after all that expansion money over the years the league would have been healthier. And it took losing an entire season for him to finally start spending like a grownup, mostly because the salary cap was his brainchild so he couldn't very well NOT spend to it. 2011 was in spite of ownership, not because of it. Yeah, he's a successful businessman, meaning he has deep pockets. Problem is his T-Rex arms. What a great owner.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a movie director? You have an awesome script for a huge hit at the "bomboffice"

I will say this..You have the most educated spewed garbage that's for sure. 

[/QUOTE]

It's nice to know that someone can come to this forum to have a discussion, or even a disagreement, without the responses becoming nothing more than personal insults. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]
    It's nice to know that someone can come to this forum to have a discussion, or even a disagreement, without the responses becoming nothing more than personal insults. 

[/QUOTE]

The problem is that you don't come here to discuss hockey.  If you want to talk business, go to a business forum.  We didn't see much of you shortly after the B's won the Cup.  Why was that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

NAS, he's not a B's fan. I've made the mistake of engaging him. He purports to be one, but he's not. Just pat him on the head, and leave him be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He was probably reaching for some of the money that he has from when the team he owns won the Cup two years ago.

What a great owner!

[/QUOTE]

Yep, one cup in 36 years. That's some awesome track record. Meanwhile he spearheaded 3 work stoppages in just over a decade because the league that he helped overexpand found itself in financial trouble. Maybe if he hadn't gone after all that expansion money over the years the league would have been healthier. And it took losing an entire season for him to finally start spending like a grownup, mostly because the salary cap was his brainchild so he couldn't very well NOT spend to it. 2011 was in spite of ownership, not because of it. Yeah, he's a successful businessman, meaning he has deep pockets. Problem is his T-Rex arms. What a great owner.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a movie director? You have an awesome script for a huge hit at the "bomboffice"

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You dont come in here to talk hockey, you come in here to bash Jacobs. Perhaps if you sprinkled in some hockey discussion now and then you wouldnt be viewed the way you are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

If you had a discussion started other then the same old topic you only know maybe the responses would be different. 

Apparently you don't because you keep repeating yourself.

P.S. Oh, did I happen to mention you keep saying the same thing, keep saying the same thing, keep saying the same thing........................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

And if Cherry knew how to count to 6, we'd have 8. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Now, why you being like that??? Cherry's mistake was in the semi's. And that series most likely wouldn't have went to 7 games had Cherry not put in Gilbert. Those first 2 games in Montreal was the worse I've ever seen Cheevers play. [/QUOTE]

Brad Park has always said only Lafleur could have put that tying goal past Gilbert.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Fair is fair.

And this JJ hater does have to point this out:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/01/bruins_offer_fr.html

Bruins offer free concessions at January home games

Wow.  Monty Burns just made a huge effort.  Brilliant move by them.  Nice to see that they are listening to their PR people.

I am impressed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fair is fair.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/01/bruins_offer_fr.html

Wow.  Monty Burns just made a huge effort.  Brilliant move by them.  Nice to see that they are listening to their PR people.

I am impressed.

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that's sarcasm...because it's a pretty weak offer when you boil it down. 1/2 the season is gone. Why not cut all ticket prices 20%?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fair is fair.

I am impressed.

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that's sarcasm...because it's a pretty weak offer when you boil it down. 1/2 the season is gone. Why not cut all ticket prices 20%?

[/QUOTE]

No.  No sarcasm.  I didn't do the math, but it sounded really good.

And in the end what counts is that it all sounds/seems good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fair is fair.

I am impressed.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Asmaha, it would've been even easier for him to give nothing though right? What are the other owners offering up? I bet none of them are cutting 20% off ticket prices either. I was clearly anti-owner during the lockout but I can't blame them for not just giving cash away. Anything seems better than nothing to me. Cheers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[/QUOTE]

Asmaha, it would've been even easier for him to give nothing though right? What are the other owners offering up? I bet none of them are cutting 20% off ticket prices either. I was clearly anti-owner during the lockout but I can't blame them for not just giving cash away. Anything seems better than nothing to me. Cheers!

[/QUOTE]

Dallas Stars are allowing kids under the age of 12 in for Free for January and February.
    Sabres offering 50% off all merch for the next 10 days - jerseys and all. Also all season ticket holders get 16 free tix for friends & family. And Kids 12 and under would get free tickets in the upper deck for all home games in January and February

$7 tix for Panthers. Ok, well it's Florida so this doesn't count. Still cheaper than Garden nachos.

As a thank you for fans' patience, #LAKings are donating $1 million back to the LA community.

Preds - buy Game 1 and Game 2 is free. 50% off merch.

Bolts have unlimited $200 SEASON TICKETS. Seriously.

Caps offering too much to type here.

Other stuff being announced daily. I don't know. I guess it's better than nothing. Just seems hollow to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hm.  That does put a different light on it, but I'd be curious if other successful franchises are doing more or less than JJ

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]

Jacobs track record is pretty much in the middle, if you're going just by championships. It's above average in terms of financial success. If you look at since he took over for the 75-76 season, at the time there were 18 teams in the NHL. Of those 18 teams, since 75-76 four have folded (Atlanta, North Stars, Kansas City, Golden Seals), 6 have not won the Cup (Philly, Washington, Toronto, Vancouver, Buffalo, St. Louis), 4 have won the Cup one time (NYR, Chicago, Boston, and LA) and 4 have won multiple Cups (Pittsburgh, NYI, Montreal, Detroit). Of the teams that were in the league when Jacobs joined, his franchise is easily among the most financially successful, has more championships than ten of the teams in the league at the time, and only has less Cups han four. The Jacobs hate doesn't stand up to the numbers.

If you want to talk about ownership futility in terms of championships? Start by talking about the Rangers.

[/QUOTE]

Nice analysis.  I give you a nod.  Go Bruins! I think counter point is the best type of analysis. That is all folks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dallas Stars are allowing kids under the age of 12 in for Free for January and February.
    Sabres offering 50% off all merch for the next 10 days - jerseys and all. Also all season ticket holders get 16 free tix for friends & family. And Kids 12 and under would get free tickets in the upper deck for all home games in January and February

$7 tix for Panthers. Ok, well it's Florida so this doesn't count. Still cheaper than Garden nachos.

As a thank you for fans' patience, #LAKings are donating $1 million back to the LA community.

Other stuff being announced daily. I don't know. I guess it's better than nothing. Just seems hollow to me.

[/QUOTE]

Asmaha, even in just 5 games, with JJ giving food vouchers to every fan it won't take long before he gives away well over a million. It's 3 food vouchers each for 69,545 fans. That's still a lot. The Kings making a million dollar donation back to the community sure sounds better but is it really? They're all just basically tax deductions for these owners. As to the free tickets for kids under 12, are there really that many 11 year olds going to games on their own on school nights? Sounds to me that it just made it easier for Dads to babysit the kids more often. I'll be surprised if there aren't stipulations that the kids must be accompanied by an (ticket buying) adult. I honestly couldn't care less what any of them do as I probably won't be going to any games this season but in my opinion, JJ is one of the few owners that seems to be offering something tangible back to the fans in the seats. Many folks don't care to be offered a half price jersey that costs 3x too much to begin with whereas everybody at the game wants a snack of some sort right? Free pizza and sodas sounds just great to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Attendance problems to begin with.  They have plenty of empty seats.

50% off of overpriced stuff you weren't going to buy.
    16 free tickets for season ticket holders only. 
    Kids in free to sit in seats that would be empty.

I thought they folded.

Tax write off.  Enjoy that, fans!

Attendance problems, empty seats...

Attendance problems, empty seats...

The B's are hooking up EVERY FAN that comes to the game.  If you aren't 10 years old, a season ticket holder/wannabe season ticket holder, a lover of the community or a pro shop junkie, the other teams aren't offering you anything.

But, you know, let's complain about the Bruins offering free food.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

who complains about getting free food? seriously

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And if Cherry knew how to count to 6, we'd have 8. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Now, why you being like that??? Cherry's mistake was in the semi's. And that series most likely wouldn't have went to 7 games had Cherry not put in Gilbert. Those first 2 games in Montreal was the worse I've ever seen Cheevers play. [/QUOTE]

Brad Park has always said only Lafleur could have put that tying goal past Gilbert.

[/QUOTE]

That shot had the same eyes that Yzerman's did against Casey in 96'. Nobody was stopping either of those shots. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of hollowness around here. Along with ungratefullness.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What a great owner!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personal??? Where is this personal??? I was talking about the stuff you were saying...I didn't call you a moronic, idiot, zipperhead, dick did I? That would be personal. Heck...I gave you a compliment. I said your spewed garbage was educated. Geesh...Even Red isn't this sensitive & she squats to pee!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

how the heck did  I get tossed under the bus?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

go follow the Oilers,  they're giving free drinks and popcorn at their practices at 10am Mon-Tue-Wed !!!

Oh they're so generous .

Meanwhile back in Boston free concessions for January. do the math !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

You guys are right - it's better than nothing. I'm not saying that. I'm not ungrateful either.

I'm simply saying that 13,909 x 3 offerings x 5 Jan home games equals 208,635 unique products offered (if all 100% take advantage). Now x average product cost of 20 cents (and that's quite generous when looking at a similar company Sysco's operating ledger at the moment for other stadiums and not counting that the 20 cents will likely be negotiated and not hit Jacob's wallet) = $41,727 in expense. Factor in lost revenue and overhead and of course it gets much higher in terms of RP, but the overhead will more than compensate of other sales those 5 games. Lost revenue is the biggie, as we all know how much the markup is.

Again - not complaining about free food. Just simply pointing out how little financial impact all of these deals have and the vindictive side of me wants them to feel the hurt in their wallets. Many of us do.

This is good for fans, no doubt. Sounds like the group here feels this is all they are owed. I disagree. It does not come close to making the situation whole.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

go follow the Oilers,  they're giving free drinks and popcorn at their practices at 10am Mon-Tue-Wed !!!

Oh they're so generous .

Meanwhile back in Boston free concessions for January. do the math !

[/QUOTE]
    Jets are doing the same as the oilers

The Bruins are giving away three free concessions to each fan for each of the January home games - assuming their sellouts that's 263,475 free concessions, or more than a fifth of what could be expected for non-alcoholic concessions for this year's regular season. That sounds to me like a heck of a deal for the fans in attendance.

Remember, there are some teams, like the Canucks, who aren't offering fans anything at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Free concessions is a good gesture from JJ. It addresses season ticket holders and single game tickets buyers alike.

But I would like to see this goodwill gesture extend beyond this year to include a promotional period ( a month or number of games ) in other years.

Jacobs could plan it to promote games where the visitors don't draw as well as others...

...now if we could just get a joint effort from the NHL and NHLPA to donate $ to allow NHL Center Ice to be provided to faithfull subscribers. I have subscribed for the last 5 years and live too from the Garden to take advantage of the free concession deal.

Ah, to dream.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

how the heck did  I get tossed under the bus?

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Nevermind...I guess you're that sensitive too. j/k all the way.