It was so cold in Boston the other day...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: It was so cold in Boston the other day...

In response to Davinator's comment:

Free concessions is a good gesture from JJ. It addresses season ticket holders and single game tickets buyers alike.

But I would like to see this goodwill gesture extend beyond this year to include a promotional period ( a month or number of games ) in other years.

Jacobs could plan it to promote games where the visitors don't draw as well as others...

...now if we could just get a joint effort from the NHL and NHLPA to donate $ to allow NHL Center Ice to be provided to faithfull subscribers. I have subscribed for the last 5 years and live too from the Garden to take advantage of the free concession deal.

Ah, to dream.

I actually thought the same thing Dave & made that suggestion in another thread. That they should provide us with the NHL Center Ice packge for the reg season at least. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

You guys are right - it's better than nothing. I'm not saying that. I'm not ungrateful either.

I'm simply saying that 13,909 x 3 offerings x 5 Jan home games equals 208,635 unique products offered (if all 100% take advantage). Now x average product cost of 20 cents (and that's quite generous when looking at a similar company Sysco's operating ledger at the moment for other stadiums and not counting that the 20 cents will likely be negotiated and not hit Jacob's wallet) = $41,727 in expense. Factor in lost revenue and overhead and of course it gets much higher in terms of RP, but the overhead will more than compensate of other sales those 5 games. Lost revenue is the biggie, as we all know how much the markup is.

Again - not complaining about free food. Just simply pointing out how little financial impact all of these deals have and the vindictive side of me wants them to feel the hurt in their wallets. Many of us do.

This is good for fans, no doubt. Sounds like the group here feels this is all they are owed. I disagree. It does not come close to making the situation whole.

What would in your eyes?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

What would in your eyes?

[/QUOTE]

I know this is a cop-out, but I sincerely don't know. To steal a phrase, "I'll know it when I see it." I think 20% reduction off all base ticket prices and concessions for the full season would be appropriate. The suggested deal with Center Ice also. But that's just me.

I brought up the point initially because even here on this forum we all have different opinions on what would be right by the fans. Some of you think what they've done works. Who am I to disagree? It's just interesting how this speaks to the really complex issues of building the brand back up for fans, and I'm curious to see where it all goes.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy a free soda, hot dog and popcorn after paying an insane amount on stub hub for a single game ticket. Oh well. Go Bruins...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

In response to red75's comment:

NAS, he's not a B's fan. I've made the mistake of engaging him. He purports to be one, but he's not. Just pat him on the head, and leave him be.

Red, with all due respect you know nothing of my level of "fandom" regarding the Bruins. I've followed the team for over 4 decades so I've seen it all. Being a fan sometimes requires more than shaking your pom-poms and ignoring the blemishes. If not being a water carrier for Jacobs somehow makes me not a fan in your eyes, or anyone else's, that's on you, not me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to jacobspleasesell's comment:

It's nice to know that someone can come to this forum to have a discussion, or even a disagreement, without the responses becoming nothing more than personal insults. 

The problem is that you don't come here to discuss hockey.  If you want to talk business, go to a business forum.  We didn't see much of you shortly after the B's won the Cup.  Why was that?

I float in and out of here for periods of time, I'm not on here constantly. I have a couple hundred posts, not 10,000. If you look through my post history you'll see that I may go months at a time without coming here. It wasn't a conscious decision, I'm just not on the computer much during the nice weather, like it was in June of 2011. Trust me, no one could be any happier than I was when they won in 2011, I was there every year for the previous 39 when they came up empty. As to my discussion being "business" versus "hockey" the forum is about a specific professional team, not just general "hawkey tawk". The business and the sport are intertwined.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He was probably reaching for some of the money that he has from when the team he owns won the Cup two years ago.

What a great owner!

Yep, one cup in 36 years. That's some awesome track record. Meanwhile he spearheaded 3 work stoppages in just over a decade because the league that he helped overexpand found itself in financial trouble. Maybe if he hadn't gone after all that expansion money over the years the league would have been healthier. And it took losing an entire season for him to finally start spending like a grownup, mostly because the salary cap was his brainchild so he couldn't very well NOT spend to it. 2011 was in spite of ownership, not because of it. Yeah, he's a successful businessman, meaning he has deep pockets. Problem is his T-Rex arms. What a great owner.

Are you a movie director? You have an awesome script for a huge hit at the "bomboffice"

I will say this..You have the most educated spewed garbage that's for sure. 

It's nice to know that someone can come to this forum to have a discussion, or even a disagreement, without the responses becoming nothing more than personal insults. 

Personal??? Where is this personal??? I was talking about the stuff you were saying...I didn't call you a moronic, idiot, zipperhead, dick did I? That would be personal. Heck...I gave you a compliment. I said your spewed garbage was educated. Geesh...Even Red isn't this sensitive & she squats to pee!!

Jeez, I'm sorry. I mistakenly took the term "spewed garbage" as an insult. I've obviously midjudged. My error.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Free concessions is a good gesture from JJ. It addresses season ticket holders and single game tickets buyers alike.

But I would like to see this goodwill gesture extend beyond this year to include a promotional period ( a month or number of games ) in other years.

Jacobs could plan it to promote games where the visitors don't draw as well as others...

...now if we could just get a joint effort from the NHL and NHLPA to donate $ to allow NHL Center Ice to be provided to faithfull subscribers. I have subscribed for the last 5 years and live too from the Garden to take advantage of the free concession deal.

Ah, to dream.

They missed a couple of months, and will play 34 less games this year.

BIG DEAL!  For that, you want them to discount things in future seasons?

Now who's the greedy one?

Sections
Shortcuts