Its easier to watch Bruins games now...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Its easier to watch Bruins games now...

Well, now that the Bruins have established who they are, its easier.

When they get behind the Pens in the first period, you can turn the game off because they have no chance of scoring another goal.

When they are leading in the third, you simply have to wait for the inevitable collapse, then turn the game off after they cough up the lead, and go find something else to do.

I am actually getting more time to myself now, because this overrated bunch is unwatchable most third periods. I wish they would blow every lead earlier in the 3rd periods, though.  They waste too much time before they choke.

They have no ability to score a goal the second half of a game.

This franchise that used to be a lock with a lead, is now a sure choke in every close third period. Terrible offense, weak defense, turnovers, shoddy goaltending.  You name it, they arent good at it.

Early in the season when they were squeaking out 1 goal wins against the Torontos and Ottawas and Jets while they were healthy, are now evening out as they lose every one of them. And against real hockey teams like Pittsburgh and Montreal, they are just an embarrassment.

Goaltending cant hang onto a win. Defense cant stop breaking down. Offense is absolutely a joke.

This team is a slow bleed. Why cant they just get down by 3 in the first and stop pretending they have a shot?

Oh, and let's not forget all the brand-new shiny excuses. They are TIRED ya know.   OTHER teams dont have a compressed schedule.  They have INJURIES now. Ever look at Ottawa and Detroit's injury list? More excuses please.

Its sad to say the easy early schedule really did contribute to the smoke screen this team's record is.  This team doesnt really do anything very well.

At least the playoffs wont take long.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Its easier to watch Bruins games now...

Be sure to ignore the fact that they are missing their first and third line centers and lost a defenseman early into the game last night.

I wouldn't say it's about being tired as much as it's about having bums like Pandolfo and Caron in the lineup each night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

A team that cannot hold 3rd period leads is a team that will not be successful.  Remember when this was such a strength of this team?

G/GP is down to 2.82 (12th in the league), down from 3.17 last year and 2.98 in 2010-11.

GA/GP is @ 2.11 (3rd best), down from 2.43 LY and 2.30 in 2010-11.

So, both scoring and goals against are down, which likely translates into some tighter games.  Team is on a pretty bad run, but still 5-4-1 over their last 10 (4th in the Conference with games in hand).

Eyes tell me that there are some issues here that they will need to get cleaned up.  From GM to coach to players, everyone can afford to do a little more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Perhaps it isn't the less skilled causing the problems and fading in the 3rd. Both goals were scored with Ference facing the wrong way or out of position towards the front of the net, while the goal comes in behind him. how can anyone leave Kane uncovered ? Part of this is Claude's stack them up in front game plan, but the bigger, and sometimes smaller forwards are out-playing the bruins in front of the net, while Ference's skills fade with age and time on ice. Boychuck has a different problem. He's a bull who just gets out of position and never sees the wing creeping in[ actually speeding in] behind him as he edges toward the front of the net. another problem is slamming the puck around the boards ending in an icing call after the Bruins center actually wins the draw. there's some validity tothe fact that Spooner has not played with Lucic/Horton, and they were just a little off, although Horton had another "slow to respond" night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Holy Sh--!  Someone buy you guys a happy meal or something.

They aren't finishing. That means they aren't giving themselves any margin, and even the best defensive team will give up goals.  They just lost back to back in regulation for the first time in over a calendar year, though, so maybe don't go out to the garage and take the pipe just yet?

When they lose, it's typically by one goal, and they still have 3 times as many regulation wins as losses.  Explain, please, why the 19 wins are a smoke screen (including wins where they've come back from 2-0 down in the first) but the 6 losses are a true indication that this is a team of choke artists and loser who can't score, can't defend, and couldn't stop a beach ball?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The decline in team Goals per game has an obvious source - the third line.  Otherwise, it's pretty much the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You are a self admitted negative person. Glass half full opinions show up during slumps.  

It must have sucked being you the first 20 games of the season having all those negativities bottled up inside of you waiting to get out.

But there's a positive for you coming. The Red Sox start their season soon. Uhhhh scratch that last positive comment. You'll be in your glory.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Well, now that the Bruins have established who they are, its easier.

When they get behind the Pens in the first period, you can turn the game off because they have no chance of scoring another goal.

When they are leading in the third, you simply have to wait for the inevitable collapse, then turn the game off after they cough up the lead, and go find something else to do.

I am actually getting more time to myself now, because this overrated bunch is unwatchable most third periods. I wish they would blow every lead earlier in the 3rd periods, though.  They waste too much time before they choke.

They have no ability to score a goal the second half of a game.

This franchise that used to be a lock with a lead, is now a sure choke in every close third period. Terrible offense, weak defense, turnovers, shoddy goaltending.  You name it, they arent good at it.

Early in the season when they were squeaking out 1 goal wins against the Torontos and Ottawas and Jets while they were healthy, are now evening out as they lose every one of them. And against real hockey teams like Pittsburgh and Montreal, they are just an embarrassment.

Goaltending cant hang onto a win. Defense cant stop breaking down. Offense is absolutely a joke.

This team is a slow bleed. Why cant they just get down by 3 in the first and stop pretending they have a shot?

Oh, and let's not forget all the brand-new shiny excuses. They are TIRED ya know.   OTHER teams dont have a compressed schedule.  They have INJURIES now. Ever look at Ottawa and Detroit's injury list? More excuses please.

Its sad to say the easy early schedule really did contribute to the smoke screen this team's record is.  This team doesnt really do anything very well.

At least the playoffs wont take long.

Sox this is nothing more than frustration on your part. They're a far better team than you're giving them credit for. Who cares about home ice when for the play-offs when being healthy going into them is far more important.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Hey, Sox, the older you get the more childish you become.

Are you going to take your puck and go home?

You sound like the jilted lover who is ready to jump back into the arms of the one who spurned you at a moment's notice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Perhaps it isn't the less skilled causing the problems and fading in the 3rd. Both goals were scored with Ference facing the wrong way or out of position towards the front of the net, while the goal comes in behind him. how can anyone leave Kane uncovered ? Part of this is Claude's stack them up in front game plan, but the bigger, and sometimes smaller forwards are out-playing the bruins in front of the net, while Ference's skills fade with age and time on ice. Boychuck has a different problem. He's a bull who just gets out of position and never sees the wing creeping in[ actually speeding in] behind him as he edges toward the front of the net. another problem is slamming the puck around the boards ending in an icing call after the Bruins center actually wins the draw. there's some validity tothe fact that Spooner has not played with Lucic/Horton, and they were just a little off, although Horton had another "slow to respond" night.

Speaking of negatvity....Here's the King...HAIL THE KING!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

C,mon Sox! They're going to lose some games during the coarse of a year. Wether they lose in the third after being up or lose in a shootout after coming back like they did last month against the Rangers, theyre still the best thing on television in my mind. We are bruins fans, we watch our team no matter what...What else is there? dancing with the stars? No thanks. American idol? yuk!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Compressed season, injuries piling up. Part of winning a championship is pacing yourself. I have no doubt that this is part of what they are doing. Except for Horton, of course. He is maddening. He looks like he needs a milk crate to stay upright half the time and he simply can't make decisions quickly enough. Worst of all, he either doesn't seem to care or realize it. He never, ever gets better. He is like Brandon Bass, except Brandon Bass has recently upped his game, putting in a much better effort most of the time. (still just stares too often, doesn't anticipate and reacts too late. not good enough to ever stare. not good, really. needs to be physical and angry, or he is ghostly and useless. just like Horton)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The decline in team Goals per game has an obvious source - the third line.  Otherwise, it's pretty much the same.

We have our answer .  This has been gong on before their 2 big injuries.  Once that gets back on track then we'll start seeing less blown leads .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Holy Sh--!  Someone buy you guys a happy meal or something.

They aren't finishing. That means they aren't giving themselves any margin, and even the best defensive team will give up goals.  They just lost back to back in regulation for the first time in over a calendar year, though, so maybe don't go out to the garage and take the pipe just yet?

When they lose, it's typically by one goal, and they still have 3 times as many regulation wins as losses.  Explain, please, why the 19 wins are a smoke screen (including wins where they've come back from 2-0 down in the first) but the 6 losses are a true indication that this is a team of choke artists and loser who can't score, can't defend, and couldn't stop a beach ball?

Not to nit-pick Bookboy, but they have lost 9 games this season...they just got some points for dragging them out to a SO or OT. I think a couple of those games were blown leads too.

Others may disagree, but I don't believe that the odds of winning a hockey game is the same as flipping a coin where if you have a streak of wins("heads") the longer you play, eventually the losses("tails") even out.

Once the wins are in the bank, they stand on their own and you try next time. If a team is good, they should be able to maintain a reasonable winning percentage throughout the season.

This is why I dislike the "but look at their record" argument that a lot of people fall back on to comment on the Bruins' play of late.

It is also why I get frustrated watching this team sometimes...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

I think it's all about them trying to protect a lead. Ever since the 50's I've watched the B's try to protect a 3rd period lead and come up short. Throughout their history it's happened time and again...they get a team on the ropes...bottle them up in their end...get quality scoring chances for 2 1/2 periods...then bang!! They rock back on their heels, play "let's just dump it out of our zone" and sure enough they blow a 3rd period lead. The only way to protect a lead is to stick with the game plan that got it for you in the first place.

They have pissed me off recently. I'm still in deep like with this team, but they pissed me off by using the 'protect defense' tactics. It just does not work!!!

Garfield

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

boychuck's game WAS open ice hits and booming slappers. Now failed pinches and   Widemanesque blasts.

more of a "reality" thing than a negative thing. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Stop panicking people! The B's haven't gotten remotely close to what they're capable of this season. They haven't played legitment Bruins hockey for anymore than maybe 30 periods in total. The comeback against the Rangers being the biggest. So this is why I'm not panicking, because now isn't the time to get into a groove. Now is the time to slump. Look at last season when they won 11 in a row & were out scoring their opponents by a 3-1 margin. What did that get them? A first round exit. Look at the Pens. What happend to them in the last 2 yrs in the play-offs. Last yr they had Crosby, Malkin & Neal. They have pretty much the same team now that they had last yr. Where did it get them? We as Bruins fans should know better than anyone that the regular season means squat & you only need to play well enough to get into them. Up until 2011 the B's never won a series after being down 2-0 in games. That season they DID IT twice! Up until Julien I don't think they've ever came back to force a 7th game after being down 3-1 in games. They've done that TWICE! 

This team has the skill, will & character to win another championship. The main ingredients of the cup run are still here. The only question mark is Rask & the knowledgable people here have a pretty good idea he's going to be fine. The dumb ones here (which there are a lot of) will have the attitude that if Rask doesn't play as well as TT did that means he suks! No it doesn't. If Rask plays to his ability the Bruins won't have a goaltending problem. And even if Rask plays a couple of stinkers...SO WHAT! TT allowed some atrocious goals in 2011 & he came back & was huge. Rask has the ability to maybe even be better than Thomas. 

The 3rd line is a big concern, but New Jersey went to the Final with pretty much 2 lines last yr. PC knows that a Brian Rolston, Mike Motteu, Greg Zanon & Pouliet wasn't the answer. He has a lot of wiggle room & he'll get the help this team needs. He went with those players last yr as a tweaking. He knows what he needs & without giving up his top 6 & his top 3 d he'll make something happen to get this team going on all cylinders come the post season. 

I'm as highstrung as they come & this team has frustrated the hell of outta me too, but in hindsite they really haven't shown what they can do yet.