It's forbidden to expose the Penguins otherwise....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's forbidden to expose the Penguins otherwise....

... be ready to pay a fine.  Ask Tortarella and Laviolette.
    Why doesn't Vigneault get fined ?  Is it because he speaks out with a non-direct approach ?
    Indirectly he threatened Marchand and also on Duncan Keith he tippy toed around calling him out and Chicago. 
    Must be the polite approach. 
    Tortarella should take a breather next time and see how Vigneault gets away with it. 
    What is it , over 50gran in fines this season ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: It's forbidden to expose the Penguins otherwise....

How dare anyone speak ill of the NHL's only source of media attention outside of NHL Network.

He does make some good points, though. Malkin, more so than Crosby, can be very dirty and get away with little bs things throughout the course of a game.

Brooks Orpik dosn't even get a phone call after that nasty Knee on Knee? Wouldn't want any negative attention for the only team that ESPN cares about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm sure  the next day when Gary steps in his office his secratary asks him when he'd like his coffee and informs him Mario has called several times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Ridiculous. I'd like the NHL to explain why this was fined, but every other time this year a player/coach criticized another player/team in a post-game interview with profanity wasn't. It's very telling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: It's forbidden to expose the Penguins otherwise....:
    Ridiculous. I'd like the NHL to explain why this was fined, but every other time this year a player/coach criticized another player/team in a post-game interview with profanity wasn't. It's very telling.
    Posted by RawrBear

Business. Penguins are the NHLs moneymaker because of Sidney Crosby. If it weren't for Crosby the NHL wouldn't be recognized by sports media outside of their own network.

Can't have people exposing the Penguins for the type of team they really are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Felger & Mazz were talking about this yesterday saying it was a joke that the league fined Tortorella for criticizing another team.  I agree.  If you throw shots at the NHL offices, then yea, I understand a fine is in order.  But ripping an opposing team's management, coach or players is fair game.  It's called trying to gain a competetive advantage.  Plus, it's fun!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The only thing you can count on from NHL on/off ice officials is inconsistency.  Once again, they do not disappoint.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

In response to "Re: It's forbidden to expose the Penguins otherwise....":
    How dare anyone speak ill of the NHL's only source of media attention outside of NHL Network. He does make some good points, though. Malkin, more so than Crosby, can be very dirty and get away with little bs things throughout the course of a game. Brooks Orpik dosn't even get a phone call after that nasty Knee on Knee? Wouldn't want any negative attention for the only team that ESPN cares about. Posted by Bisson1
    Orpik must be gregory's step bro...LOL. Had to say it since null the idiot didn't!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I agree with all this except that he DID criticize the NHL. He called their integrity into question and implied that they were doling out discipline in a bias manner. Which may be entirely true. But had he just said stuff about the Penguins, maybe he doesn't get fined.
    What I'd like to know, however, is why Mario wasn't fined last year when he talked about how he needed to evaluate whether or not he wanted to be a part of the league and what-not. I guess he said he didn't like the way suspensions were being handed out (or not), but wasn't accusing the league of favoring one team over the other.
    Seems like a razor's edge of difference. And Torts is probably right, anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What I'd like to know, however, is why Mario wasn't fined last year when he talked about how he needed to evaluate whether or not he wanted to be a part of the league and what-not. Posted by Tom857

I really don't like to believe in favoritism by the league, it's just hard to understand and leaves hockey fans questioning certain decisions.
    Good point Tom above on Mario's comments . That is much worse than any comments made by Tortarella or Laviolette and points directly to the integrity of the league .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: It's forbidden to expose the Penguins otherwise.... : I really don't like to believe in favoritism by the league, it's just hard to understand and leaves hockey fans questioning certain decisions. Good point Tom above on Mario's comments . That is much worse than any comments made by Tortarella or Laviolette and points directly to the integrity of the league .
    Posted by BsLegion

Its the whole "respect" thing Legion. The League does not like its integrity questioned and will punish any who try to. Its a simple as that. Authourity figures cease to be benevolent once they or their methods get called into question. It has always been like this.

Besides, I think Torts can afford a small fine and if that is what it takes to be able to tell the truth as he sees it then he will obviously continue to do so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: It's forbidden to expose the Penguins otherwise.... : Its the whole "respect" thing Legion. The League does not like its integrity questioned and will punish any who try to. Its a simple as that. Authourity figures cease to be benevolent once they or their methods get called into question. It has always been like this. Besides, I think Torts can afford a small fine and if that is what it takes to be able to tell the truth as he sees it then he will obviously continue to do so.
    Posted by jaywall

I agree,  how did , does Mario Lemieux get away with it? because that is exactly what he did , even without reading between the lines.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: It's forbidden to expose the Penguins otherwise.... : I agree,  how did , does Mario Lemieux get away with it? because that is exactly what he did , even without reading between the lines.
    Posted by BsLegion

Because he is both an owner (one of the authorities) and an icon. He is special and thus, has earned respect from the establishment he is a part of. They probably don't like it any more than they liked old Bill Wirth's or Harold Ballards rants but they suck it up because of the respect they commanded.

I am not saying I agree with it but I do understand.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

dropping a bunch of F-bombs is a part of it, he represents the league and that is a big no no.

As far as favourtism, I don't buy it.  I have heard so much of that directed towards the bruins mainly from hab and van fans about refs and campbell and never getting suspended etc. and its complete nonsense.  Alot of the above posts sound very similar to these.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts