It's going to be awfully lonely up here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

It's going to be awfully lonely up here

Tough to be a Bruin fan in Western Canada, playing the Nucks.  Co-workers, team-mates, friends, and even my in-laws are cheering for Vancouver.  The Vancouver bandwagon is filling up fast.  That's OK, I don't mind one bit.  It's going to be a blast!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: It's going to be awfully lonely up here

That's ok Scoot, Im dealing with the same thing here in Southern Ontario. Naturally everyone is jumping on the Canucks bandwagon cheering for the Canadian team. Let's wear our Bruins colours proud & enjoy the ride!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Re: It's going to be awfully lonely up here:
    [QUOTE]That's ok Scoot, Im dealing with the same thing here in Southern Ontario. Naturally everyone is jumping on the Canucks bandwagon cheering for the Canadian team. Let's wear our Bruins colours proud & enjoy the ride!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    I was the only one in the Oshawa bar that was wearing a Bruins sweaterl.  I was the only one that cheered LOUDLY when Horton scored.

Felt GREAT!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's going to be awfully lonely up here : I was the only one in the Oshawa bar that was wearing a Bruins sweaterl.  I was the only one that cheered LOUDLY when Horton scored. Felt GREAT!!!!!
    Posted by RascalHoudi[/QUOTE]

Feels great to be loud & proud doesn't it. I am also in the minority everywhere I go to watch the games.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

You don't even get to enjoy Boston Pizza anymore

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I live about a mile from the Canucks rink - walked around in my Bruins jersey yesterday and was repeatedly booed by drivers. Going to be an awkward few weeks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I live about a mile from the Canucks rink - walked around in my Bruins jersey yesterday and was repeatedly booed by drivers. Going to be an awkward few weeks.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Wear it with pride Red & have fun at games 1 & 2 !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I live about a mile from the Canucks rink - walked around in my Bruins jersey yesterday and was repeatedly booed by drivers. Going to be an awkward few weeks.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Hey Red, I take it you're TSN's "liveandwrite"? If not they're stealing your stuff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Nope, say I. Copying and pating my own stuf is easier than typing it out twice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]That's ok Scoot, Im dealing with the same thing here in Southern Ontario. Naturally everyone is jumping on the Canucks bandwagon cheering for the Canadian team. Let's wear our Bruins colours proud & enjoy the ride!

jp - You and me, both.  You've probably seen the ads CBC has started running ove the last day or two that blare "Can The Canucks Bring Home The Cup?"  I understand the Canadian aspect of it but there's another club waiting to prevent that from happening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nope, say I
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    liveandwrite
    Can we put an end to this 'more offensive depth' falacy for the Canucks? Boston has six players in double digit points this post-season, Van has 5. Boston has 15 players with at least 5 points, the Canucks have 11. The Bruin have 19 players who've made the scoresheet, Van has 17. The Bruins have 14 players with multiple goals, the Canucks have 12. The Canucks have more top endscorers, maybe, but offensive depth? The numbers for that don't add up www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367211#YourCallTop" class="Report">Report this comment!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Like others have said.........wear your colours loud and proud! I know that's what I'm doing here (Oshawa), and my neighbour two doors down as well. There are ALOT of Bruins fans across Canada. I hope a good number are able to attend in the Canucks back yard......and cheer on the B's everytime they score.

I got chirped last night while out at a show........all good fun.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sorry Dez, th double negative may have confused you... yes, I'm liveandwrite.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Dez, th double negative may have confused you... yes, I'm liveandwrite.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Red. As it turns out, I'm incredibily easy to confuse.Embarassed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Obviously a vast majority of fans in Canada want the Nuks to win.  In Atlantic Canada there is a very strong Bruin following.  I see more Bruin gear than Canuck gear. I would say its probably in this order.
    Leafs
    Habs
    Bruins
    Crosby

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's going to be awfully lonely up here : jp - You and me, both.  You've probably seen the ads CBC has started running ove the last day or two that blare "Can The Canucks Bring Home The Cup?"  I understand the Canadian aspect of it but there's another club waiting to prevent that from happening.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Let's hope that comes to fruition. I think the Canucks can be had.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's going to be awfully lonely up here : jp - You and me, both.  You've probably seen the ads CBC has started running ove the last day or two that blare "Can The Canucks Bring Home The Cup?"  I understand the Canadian aspect of it but there's another club waiting to prevent that from happening.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

An Original 6 one that hasn't won a Cup in a very long time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Obviously a vast majority of fans in Canada want the Nuks to win.  In Atlantic Canada there is a very strong Bruin following.  I see more Bruin gear than Canuck gear. I would say its probably in this order. Leafs Habs Bruins Crosby
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm living in St. John's, NL and there seems to be a lot of Bruin fans here but still your fair share of Canucks bandwagon fans. Quite a few Leafs fans that have hopped on the bruins bandwagon since they beat the habs. Well... Leafs are used to needing a backup team once the playoffs roll around I suppose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanfromGWN. Show FanfromGWN's posts

I live just west of London, Ont & there are few Bruins fans out here - many are masochists (i.e., Leaf fans). I grew up in Toronto but was always a Bruins fan as I spent most of my summers in the Parry Sound area, which true Bruin fans know was the home of Orr. Just like all you out there - this year has been worth waiting for and the Bruins will prevail!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

I grew up in Ontario but have been on Vancouver Isle for 7 years now.  They are all going Canuck crazy out here, but its gonna be awesome to see them lose to the Bruins.  I can't wait to not have to hear about how the Canucks are the best team on the planet anymore!!  Plus it'll be pretty sweet when all the Canucks fans buy me a brand new Stanley Cup Champions Bruins jersey with all of their wagers!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

I am from Niagara Falls Ontario, there are alot of Bruins fans here, back in the day when the Niagara Falls Flyers were a farm team for the Bruins the whole city was filled with Bruins fans, the tradition carries on. Go Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Same fun and games here in Jersey -- surrounded by Rangers, Devils and Islander fans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

For me, I don't really have any favorites (my favorite team has been golfing since, well  since the 70's).  I like both teams for different reasons, but it will be nice to sit back and enjoy the action.

This series has a much stronger appeal then a Vancouver/Tampa Bay final.
    A Canadian based team against an original-6 team.  Should be great!

This will be a very good series.  2 strong teams, both physical, both well coached and both with scoring talent.

Boston beat Vancouver here pretty easily last time out so they have a good chance.  I actually think it's better for them to start on the road.

The key, as it has been most of the playoffs, is how great TT plays.  He is really growing on me, alway a smile on his face and really acrobatic.  He's a guesser, to be sure, but as good a guesser as I've seen in recent memory.  Maybe it's more 'instinctive' then 'guessing'.  Whatever it is, it's working and he's fun to watch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]For me, I don't really have any favorites (my favorite team has been golfing since, well  since the 70's).  I like both teams for different reasons, but it will be nice to sit back and enjoy the action. This series has a much stronger appeal then a Vancouver/Tampa Bay final. A Canadian based team against an original-6 team.  Should be great! This will be a very good series.  2 strong teams, both physical, both well coached and both with scoring talent. Boston beat Vancouver here pretty easily last time out so they have a good chance.  I actually think it's better for them to start on the road. The key, as it has been most of the playoffs, is how great TT plays.  He is really growing on me, alway a smile on his face and really acrobatic.  He's a guesser, to be sure, but as good a guesser as I've seen in recent memory.  Maybe it's more 'instinctive' then 'guessing'.  Whatever it is, it's working and he's fun to watch.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

I think it is read and react, not guess.  He reads when he can challenge a shooter like a mad man and charges.  The odd time he reads it less than right, and gets caught out of position.  More often though he is bang on.  It is innovative IMO.