Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight!

To all you fortunate fans going to the game, the Bruins are going to need you tonight. Remember about a 1/3 of the people in the building will not be real Bruins fans. So, you will have to be that much louder than ever before. Give everybody from Vancouver and earful tonight. The Green men should be no more by the time game 3 ends!

Its NOT over, the Bruins are in the finals and lets enjoy it! 

All of Canada and most of Boston will be watching this game.

Go Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight!

In Response to Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight!:
    To all you fortunate fans going to the game, the Bruins are going to need you tonight. Remember about a 1/3 of the people in the building will not be real Bruins fans. So, you will have to be that much louder than ever before. Give everybody from Vancouver and earful tonight. The Green men should be no more by the time game 3 ends! Its NOT over, the Bruins are in the finals and lets enjoy it!  All of Canada and most of Boston will be watching this game. Go Bruins!
    Posted by bluefox70

Great attitude Blue. Hopefully the Bruins can be inspired by the many loyal Boston fans. If there was ever a night in which we need the fans to be the 7th player,tonight is it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight!:
    In Response to Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight! : Great attitude Blue. Hopefully the Bruins can be inspired by the many loyal Boston fans. If there was ever a night in which we need the fans to be the 7th player,tonight is it.
    Posted by dezaruchi

well said dez. up to this point tonights game is the most important game of the season. i felt the same way in the Montreal series when it came to game 3. i  know what we said going into that game about how the bruins were a good road team and that was how bruins fans justified still feelings good about the series even being down 0-2. the more i think of it though, the more i think its about the situation for this bruins team. the bruins with there backs against the wall play at there best. now of course wish it didn't come these situations(game 3's down 0-2,game 7's) but people have to remember that this is not Ottawa in January, this is the nhl play-offs with a tough match-up in Montreal,Philly and those demons from last year,a loaded Tampa team and an also loaded Vancouver team. this team is doing everything a bruins fan ask of a bruins team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Absolutely. No Bruins fan should give up. The hill is steep, but these guys can do it if all the peices bust their humps. Some guys , like Bergeron, always come to play hard and Smart. We need smarts from all defensemen, and forwards. Timmy will give it his all, it's time for Horts, Looch, and Glyder to step it up. As an aside, it looked like Campbell was hurting in game 2, and since Kaberle played less than 10 minutes, is there any doubt about what Chiarelli will do?Go Bruins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight! : well said dez. up to this point tonights game is the most important game of the season. i felt the same way in the Montreal series when it came to game 3. i  know what we said going into that game about how the bruins were a good road team and that was how bruins fans justified still feelings good about the series even being down 0-2. the more i think of it though, the more i think its about the situation for this bruins team. the bruins with there backs against the wall play at there best. now of course wish it didn't come these situations(game 3's down 0-2,game 7's) but people have to remember that this is not Ottawa in January, this is the nhl play-offs with a tough match-up in Montreal,Philly and those demons from last year,a loaded Tampa team and an also loaded Vancouver team. this team is doing everything a bruins fan ask of a bruins team.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Loyal, to take it a step further, I'll repeat what I said earlier in the series. Boston plays a style that wears down the opposition over the course of a series. Obviously I'd prefer to not have this be another must-win scenario but as long Boston wins tonight, this series will still be very much up for grabs.  This isn't the NHL we grew up watching. I can't put my finger on the reason for it but in today's NHL, no lead is safe.Whether it be leading a game or leading a series, if the last few years have shown us anything, it's shown that anything can happen(Pitt came back from being down 0-2 to win in '09). Hey, Boston has won every game 7 scenario match so far in these playoffs(let's face it,they played about 3 game 7's in the 1st round alone) so I'm expecting them to do what they do and make this a series. My only concern is that Horton looks to be obviously hurting. Since he left the ice early in game 7 he hasn't been the same player. Yeah, I know he scored the winner that night but I can't remember seeing him finishing a check since he took that hit. I'm just hoping he and the team are healthy enough to get the job done. What am I saying.......hoping.......I'm counting on it!    4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Absolutely. No Bruins fan should give up. The hill is steep, but these guys can do it if all the peices bust their humps. Some guys , like Bergeron, always come to play hard and Smart. We need smarts from all defensemen, and forwards. Timmy will give it his all, it's time for Horts, Looch, and Glyder to step it up. As an aside, it looked like Campbell was hurting in game 2, and since Kaberle played less than 10 minutes, is there any doubt about what Chiarelli will do?Go Bruins
    Posted by bogie6

Bogie, Kaberle actually played 12 and a half minutes but your point is well taken. I know you guys don't agree with me but I think CJ needs to increase his minutes. I think you may see him on the ice a little more tonight with CJ having last change. This way he'll be able to get the match-ups he's looking for. Both games in Van, if Kaberle was out there, the Canucks would try to get the Sedins out against him so it was time for him to come off for Chara. It's time for CJ show what kind of coach he is. Huge game for both he and the players. GO BRUINS!!!!! 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

By Wednesdy after game 4 the series will be tied 2-2.
    GO BRUINS !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

I still think coming back from Montreal was Harder!

There’s no doubt about it coming back from Montreal was harder then having to come back from Vancouver and here’s why ...

1-     we lost our two first home games vs. two first road games

2-     after losing to Montreal it became a total of six straight losses (dating back to Philly)

3-     we had a bad history vs. Montreal

4-     we never came back in Bruins history down after first two games

5-     pressure - we were favourites against Montreal but are underdogs against Vancouver

Bruins will come backSmile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

In Response to Re: Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight! : Loyal, to take it a step further, I'll repeat what I said earlier in the series. Boston plays a style that wears down the opposition over the course of a series. Obviously I'd prefer to not have this be another must-win scenario but as long Boston wins tonight, this series will still be very much up for grabs.  This isn't the NHL we grew up watching. I can't put my finger on the reason for it but in today's NHL, no lead is safe.Whether it be leading a game or leading a series, if the last few years have shown us anything, it's shown that anything can happen(Pitt came back from being down 0-2 to win in '09). Hey, Boston has won every game 7 scenario match so far in these playoffs(let's face it,they played about 3 game 7's in the 1st round alone) so I'm expecting them to do what they do and make this a series. My only concern is that Horton looks to be obviously hurting. Since he left the ice early in game 7 he hasn't been the same player. Yeah, I know he scored the winner that night but I can't remember seeing him finishing a check since he took that hit. I'm just hoping he and the team are healthy enough to get the job done. What am I saying.......hoping.......I'm counting on it!    4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi

Im in agreement with BOTH of you guys.

Aint nothing over until it's over!!!!!!  GO GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I still think coming back from Montreal was Harder!   There’s no doubt about it coming back from Montreal was harder then having to come back from Vancouver and here’s why ...   1-      we lost our two first home games vs. two first road games 2-      after losing to Montreal it became a total of six straight losses (dating back to Philly) 3-      we had a bad history vs. Montreal 4-      we never came back in Bruins history down after first two games 5-      pressure - we were favourites against Montreal but are underdogs against Vancouver Bruins will come back
    Posted by john-88

"History" can/should be thrown out the window in the Stanley Cup Final.  The ONLY thing that matters is the way the players are playing THAT PARTICULAR GAME.  If you think so much of history, then you might as well just pack it in, since teams losing the first two games on the road have won the series only 8% of the time. I can guarantee you that the Canucks have not even considered that particular stat.

Saying that coming back from 0-2 down will be easier vs. the Canucks compared to the Habs is either wishful thinking, or delusional.  Sorry, but I can't accept an argument that the Canucks are not as good as the Habs.  I could give you at least a dozen reasons why, but I can see that most people on this forum are knowledgeable hockey fans, so they'll already know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I still think coming back from Montreal was Harder!   There’s no doubt about it coming back from Montreal was harder then having to come back from Vancouver and here’s why ...   1-      we lost our two first home games vs. two first road games 2-      after losing to Montreal it became a total of six straight losses (dating back to Philly) 3-      we had a bad history vs. Montreal 4-      we never came back in Bruins history down after first two games 5-      pressure - we were favourites against Montreal but are underdogs against Vancouver Bruins will come back
    Posted by john-88

True and the Habs kicked the Canucks behind twice this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I'm not going to the game, because I can't afford those astronomical prices. But..I AM GOING to be at the baaahs near the Gaaahden before getting completely WASTED. If I see any Canuck fans I'm going to be throwing my beer and nachos in your faces you sissies! GO BRUINS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harber...Hell no!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Bruins go on a 4 game winning streak, starting tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

http://youtu.be/5c4ATC2zbeA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

http://youtu.be/5c4ATC2zbeA
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Right on!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight! : Loyal, to take it a step further, I'll repeat what I said earlier in the series. Boston plays a style that wears down the opposition over the course of a series. Obviously I'd prefer to not have this be another must-win scenario but as long Boston wins tonight, this series will still be very much up for grabs.  This isn't the NHL we grew up watching. I can't put my finger on the reason for it but in today's NHL, no lead is safe.Whether it be leading a game or leading a series, if the last few years have shown us anything, it's shown that anything can happen(Pitt came back from being down 0-2 to win in '09). Hey, Boston has won every game 7 scenario match so far in these playoffs(let's face it,they played about 3 game 7's in the 1st round alone) so I'm expecting them to do what they do and make this a series. My only concern is that Horton looks to be obviously hurting. Since he left the ice early in game 7 he hasn't been the same player. Yeah, I know he scored the winner that night but I can't remember seeing him finishing a check since he took that hit. I'm just hoping he and the team are healthy enough to get the job done. What am I saying.......hoping.......I'm counting on it!    4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi

That's for sure. Greatest parity in league history exists now, thanks to a great degree to the Salary cap. And I agree, that hit on Horton definitely injured him. My guess is shoulder......his goal was pretty effortless, i.e. basically redirected/dished it in. It's too bad, because his hitting was contagious. Gotta hope some how he can play thru it.....but it's gonna be tough.

Here's hoping the fans can add that extra edge to the B's tonight and get them to get their first & second wins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

this series will be tied 2-2 come wednesday night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

In Response to Re: Its NOT over, Rock the Garden tonight! : "History" can/should be thrown out the window in the Stanley Cup Final.  The ONLY thing that matters is the way the players are playing THAT PARTICULAR GAME.  If you think so much of history, then you might as well just pack it in, since teams losing the first two games on the road have won the series only 8% of the time. I can guarantee you that the Canucks have not even considered that particular stat. Saying that coming back from 0-2 down will be easier vs. the Canucks compared to the Habs is either wishful thinking, or delusional.  Sorry, but I can't accept an argument that the Canucks are not as good as the Habs.  I could give you at least a dozen reasons why, but I can see that most people on this forum are knowledgeable hockey fans, so they'll already know.
    Posted by 49-North

You sound like a worry Canucks Fan & you know what you should be! The Bruins are coming back!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Good show fans:
    decibel levels for game 2: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=564848

Sections
Shortcuts