It's now official--Brendan SHAMahan is a joke and a puppet.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

It's now official--Brendan SHAMahan is a joke and a puppet.

On the B's game last night they stated that SHAMahan found Sestito's PREDATORY hit on Horts to be only marginal and not suspendable! This after SHAMahan stated numerous times that injury and prior suspensions are a factor! Well, SHAMAHAN, Horton IS hurt and Sestito HAS been suspended SEVERAL times! I no longer value any bulloni that comes out of Shammy's whacked mouth. That's right, it was marginal because the hit was on the Bruins.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: It's now official--Brendan SHAMahan is a joke and a puppet.

In Response to It's now official--Brendan SHAMahan is a joke and a puppet.:
    On the B's game last night they stated that SHAMahan found Sestito's PREDATORY hit on Horts to be only marginal and not suspendable! This after SHAMahan stated numerous times that injury and prior suspensions are a factor! Well, SHAMAHAN, Horton IS hurt and Sestito HAS been suspended SEVERAL times! I no longer value any bulloni that comes out of Shammy's whacked mouth. That's right, it was marginal because the hit was on the Bruins.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

In your world, does "several" mean the same as "once"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I did not see contact to the head on this play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

In your world, does "several" mean the same as "once"?_NAS

He was suspended for FIVE games in the AHL and FOUR games in the NHL. Right NAS, he's a good guy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: It's now official--Brendan SHAMahan is a joke and a puppet.:
    In your world, does "several" mean the same as "once"?_NAS He was suspended for FIVE games in the AHL and FOUR games in the NHL. Right NAS, he's a good guy!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

so once in the nhl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, and the NHL isn't a vaccuum. In fact the main purpose of the AHL is to develop talent for NHL parent teams. The two are inseparable

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Yes, and the NHL isn't a vaccuum. In fact the main purpose of the AHL is to develop talent for NHL parent teams. The two are inseparable
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

they are when it comes to suspensions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I do not consider a guy who gets 50 in the AHL a 50 goal scorer until he does it in the NHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

So what you both are saying is that Shanahan will not look at a player's AHL past when considering prior behavior? That's--very--interesting! Thanks for expounding the words of wisdom!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

So what you both are saying is that Shanahan will not look at a player's AHL past when considering prior behavior? That's--very--interesting! Thanks for expounding the words of wisdom!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

you call it interesting, i call it common sense.

edit:  another fun fact;  he doesn't look at echl suspensions either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

shanny clown is protecting the zebras and not the players. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

You said it best Karl!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In fairness, I think the OP has a point, but the title of the thread is a little to Montreal-reactionary for me.  Sestito should have been suspended, but let's just be quiet, not freak out*, and assume that things will even out.  Enough people around the league seemed to think that the Bruins had a debt to be paid.  I'd rather it be paid now, in the middle of the regular season, than later.

I think the B's have been getting a raw deal from the league over the past month, but hopefully things will balance out over time.  I am proud that Chiarelli has set the tone for this franchise that we are not going to scream and cry and 'call 911' because we feel slighted.  It's good form.  Let Montreal and Vancouver cry wolf.  We'll maintain the dignity of a winner.

*I haven't always followed this myself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Difference. Marchand hit dirty, like Kasparaitis. Sestito, clean hit like Neely. Bruins fans turning into Habs fans really fast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In fairness, I think the OP has a point, but the title of the thread is a little to Montreal-reactionary for me.  Sestito should have been suspended, but let's just be quiet, not freak out*, and assume that things will even out.  Enough people around the league seemed to think that the Bruins had a debt to be paid.  I'd rather it be paid now, in the middle of the regular season, than later. I think the B's have been getting a raw deal from the league over the past month, but hopefully things will balance out over time.  I am proud that Chiarelli has set the tone for this franchise that we are not going to scream and cry and 'call 911' because we feel slighted.  It's good form.  Let Montreal and Vancouver cry wolf.  We'll maintain the dignity of a winner. *I haven't always followed this myself.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Well written post Fletch!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I just hope our team starts hitting again... since the Vancouver game we've looked scared of contact!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I agree with OrrEspo in his theory that AHL suspensions should be taken into account.  I especially think they should be taken into account for penalties against a team calling up a goon specifically for one game.  Other then that I have no issue with Shanahan yet.  It is a tough job.  The line has to be drawn somewhere.  The best he can do is make decisions and explain them.  Over time if there is a bias in any direction, he will be held accountable by his own words.  For every single suspension or non-suspension there will be complaints.  Bu when I consider the process and the overall results, I have no complaints.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I just hope our team starts hitting again... since the Vancouver game we've looked scared of contact!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Pacioretty when he got suspended for the hit on Letang said one good thing , he said that players don't know anymore what's a good hit or what's a bad hit therefore refrain to throw or finish a bodycheck.
    I don't think this applies to his hit on Letang , it was blind side and to the head , his statement is useless because he should know anything to the head is illegal but it does bring up an interesting point.
    You may be correct that the Bruins are being careful or at least been told to.

Sections
Shortcuts