It's one of those nights..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

It's one of those nights..

Horrible officiating, can't get a really good shot on net, and to boot the Caps take half the game off. Bruins lose..damn!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: It's one of those nights..

Disgraceful if you ask me.  Snipers aren't sniping.  90% of the B's shots are hitting the goalie.  Are you kidding me?  3rd and 4rth line are playing better then top 2 lines.  Next game is the series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Gee, sure are lucky the Caps series will be an easy one. Oh, wait...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to It's one of those nights..:
    Horrible officiating, can't get a really good shot on net, and to boot the Caps take half the game off. Bruins loose..damn!
    Posted by uphere

In English, it's "lose."  Again.

Why should the officiating matter? When the B's got the power play, everyone in North America it was just another 2 minutes off the clock for Washington.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: It's one of those nights..:
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

I figured 7 games,not so easy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Disgraceful if you ask me.  Snipers aren't sniping.  90% of the B's shots are hitting the goalie.  Are you kidding me?  3rd and 4rth line are playing better then top 2 lines.  Next game is the series.
    Posted by mattbs

I no you can have a hundred shots on net,there all right at him no trafic,in front,4 games and none of top players have a goal,i think ther just going through the motions,nobody want's to fight to get in front of net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Posted by SoxFanInIL

Oh yeah, it was all tilted in the Bruins favour. This definitely wasn't supposed to happen. Guess the Caps didn't get the memo. ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: It's one of those nights.. : Oh yeah, it was all tilted in the Bruins favour. This definitely wasn't supposed to happen. Guess the Caps didn't get the memo. ;-)
    Posted by 4everbruins

Incredible to me people here insisted this series would be easy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I said it from the start when most were predicting an easy series. Holtby and Co are not going to make this easy. Game 5 in Boston with Backstrom back in action. CJ better go back to the drawing board. Too many on this board sounding like Ranger fans. For those of us old enough to remember -- we have seen too many heartbreakers to get overconfident.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: It's one of those nights.. : Incredible to me people here insisted this series would be easy.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

I here ya.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Best 2 of 3 with home ice advantage... nothing done yet (but Seguin, Looch, Marchand and Krejci don't give me much hope!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklinFlyers14. Show FranklinFlyers14's posts

The Bruins could make this guy a Vezina Winner...

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p11024668dt.jpg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklinFlyers14. Show FranklinFlyers14's posts

Also, I'm trying to lighten the mood (at least my own) with that previous post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

Holtby gives us a ton of rebounds even on straight on shots.  Except for Monday those bouces haven't gone our way.  Oli has been silent except for Monday.  Green and Wideman are weak in the back.  I'm sure CJ will have the boys motivated for Saturday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Holtby gives us a ton of rebounds even on straight on shots.  Except for Monday those bouces haven't gone our way.  Oli has been silent except for Monday.  Green and Wideman are weak in the back.  I'm sure CJ will have the boys motivated for Saturday.
    Posted by teibore1

I was thinking the same thing BEFORE TONIGHT. You see, if the Bruins haven't figured out the Caps after 4 tries then I can't expect much to change in the next few days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Why on earth were Marchand, Krejci, Seguin & Lucic on the ice at the end of the game? They don't deserve to be on the ice at the end of the game the way they are playing. The Kelly line needed to be out there. If a line was going to score, it was going to be them. The above four better get the games in gear soon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It's frustrating because Washington is basically playing 50/50 hockey.  Play not to lose every moment of the game, and hope to win on offensive-zone faceoffs, powerplays, and bounces.

The Bruins could really use a first goal on Saturday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Horrible game. A boring game. No hustle from top lines. Both teams stunk tonight really. The Bs just stunk more. No effort. All shots right at the goalie. All high too. Get the puck on the ice. And for the next game, sit LUCIC. He stinks. Coughing up pucks, no effort skating, no hitting, errant passing, just looks lost. No traffic in front of Caps goalie either. Crazy, game 3, Bs put good traffic out front and score. Game 4, very little traffic and only 1 goal. Time to start checking and skating boys 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

for the first time, i have a bad feeling....ah well, will save a fortune on playoff tickets...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

It's just lazy plain and simple! It's easy to rack up 45 shots when 38 of them are from 45+ feet out! Until someone decides to take the puck to the net (Lucic) to draw defenders and create open spaces the Caps will continue to pack it in and watch us play on the perimeter! It's not rocket science.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: It's one of those nights.. : Incredible to me people here insisted this series would be easy.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

So you knew that Holtby was going to be this good?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

NOBODY in front of the net. More low % shots from point.
    Yawn.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]for the first time, i have a bad feeling....ah well, will save a fortune on playoff tickets...
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]
    Over the years i have had this feeling many times only to have the B's come through and others when it has been prophetic.With this team though,i think they deserve the benefit of the doubt to prove these feelings wrong.Thats why i just love playoff hockey, the emotional rollercoaster,nailbiting thrills, doubts and great wins and devastating losses. I still think the B's will prevail and it will be because of the top two lines and faith they will get it done once again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

....series starts over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Just dreaming out loud here but wouldn't it be pretty cool if the Bruins could DECLINE their PP opportunities? I would think that as a coach you would go by the numbers on this one???

I'm confident that the goal scorer's on this team will find their range...D and Goaltending have been solid (Seids is a BEAST) but Washington is not letting the Bruins create anything offensively between the hash marks and the net, Holtby is gobbling up those perimeter shots like beachballs.

The Bruins would do well to shoot the puck at Holtby with movement coming into the zone, they've scored a few goals shooting on the move between the top and bottom of the circles, including Kelly's OT Winner.

Somehow after 45 years of watching the Bruins I have a strange calm about me...GO BRUINS!!

Sections
Shortcuts