It's one of those nights..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: It's one of those nights..

In Response to Re: It's one of those nights..:
    [QUOTE]Just dreaming out loud here but wouldn't it be pretty cool if the Bruins could DECLINE their PP opportunities? I would think that as a coach you would go by the numbers on this one??? I'm confident that the goal scorer's on this team will find their range...D and Goaltending have been solid (Seids is a BEAST) but Washington is not letting the Bruins create anything offensively between the hash marks and the net, Holtby is gobbling up those perimeter shots like beachballs. The Bruins would do well to shoot the puck at Holtby with movement coming into the zone, they've scored a few goals shooting on the move between the top and bottom of the circles, including Kelly's OT Winner. Somehow after 45 years of watching the Bruins I have a strange calm about me...GO BRUINS!!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]
    Me too, i keep wondering what it is but can't put my finger on it.If the B's were playing the Habs,i wouldn't be sleeping right.Its not because they're playing the Caps,its just that i feel calm,like i have all season even during their poor play.I'm not saying that all is right with the Bruins,just that i'm calm,weird.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

B's are making Holtby look very good (where's the traffic in front????!!!!). Lucic needs to decide he's a playoff guy right now. Marchand, Seguin, and Krejci (though he's done it before) need to follow. I'd play the third line every second shift until the other guys work it out. What happens going forward even if they survive this round will depend on them.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

In Response to Re: It's one of those nights..:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It's one of those nights.. : In English, it's "lose."  Again. Why should the officiating matter? When the B's got the power play, everyone in North America it was just another 2 minutes off the clock for Washington.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

So pissed off I forgot how to spell smart a$$! Sure it does, no call on Bergy, no PP goal for Caps. The NBA, I mean NHL refs, don't seem to call the real penalties, they make calls up instead.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

First point:  Don't decline the PP, just take a guy off the ice and skate 4-4.

Second:  Holtby had a lot of easy saves on 45 shots.  I hate these game plans of throwing the puck at the net, especially as pointed out, when there is not traffic/net presense.  And when there was, there was no shooting lane.  Time to bring it to the net instead of going to the point every play.  No wonder they are open, it's what the Caps want.  They'll  take that shot every time. 

Third: I was looking forward to a gritty/rough game last night.  Didn't happen.  It's like the B's came out skating hard, but without the physical play.  They need to play more physical and get in front.

Four: The Caps cannot be happy.  They stole one.  It happens.  But if they play like that it's not likely they'll get 2/3.  But who knows, it's the Cup playoffs!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

And I thought the call on Bergy was the right one.  The officiating seemed pretty good and truth be told there were not really any non-calls.  The Caps played a clean mistake free game, dispite being outplayed for 50 minutes.

Sections
Shortcuts