It's over - Now What!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

It's over - Now What!

Details here:.   http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1311130--nhl-lockout-ends-deal-guarantees-labour-peace-until-2020

Bettman and Jacobs better not be around in 2020. That's all I have to say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: It's over - Now What!

Jacobs is an intelligent businessman, he'll still be around in 2020.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

but Charlie will

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

With AHL rosters over 900k counting against the cap, the cap dropping to 64 mill next season, and Horton, Rask, Ference, Caron, and Khubodin needing contracts, things WILL get interesting next summer. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to davecarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With AHL rosters over 900k counting against the cap, the cap dropping to 64 mill next season, and Horton, Rask, Ference, Caron, and Khubodin needing contracts, things WILL get interesting next summer. 

[/QUOTE]

Horton will probably be the one to leave.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just heard Jacobs was in negotiations with the man upstairs trying to strike a deal that would keep him around until 2050 with God having an out clause in 2036..Naturally talks broke down and his holyness stormed out..No further talks scheduled.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I dunno, I think Horton will get Savard's money due to LTIR, Khubodin won't get much of a raise (really he is now just a place holder until Subban can back up Rask). Rask won't be going anywhere. So depending on how well Torey Krug develops (he could be in line for lots if ice time if McQuaid isn't ready for start of season) it might not leave much room for Ference after this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Details here:.   http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1311130--nhl-lockout-ends-deal-guarantees-labour-peace-until-2020

Bettman and Jacobs better not be around in 2020. That's all I have to say.

[/QUOTE]

Great that the game is back and obviously both sides have a great amount of work to do in order to get the fans interest back.

As for the Bruins there are a few storylines that will be intriguing over the next few months:

1) Hopefully Rask and Khudobin are ready to step in and do the job. Due to the condensed schedule both will be needed. Huge year for Rask, as he signed a very team friendly 1 yr deal for the chance to be the number 1 guy. He should and will get his chance now. Hopefully he will be ready.

2) Can Dougie Hamilton make the team? Great skill but may not be ready defensively. Should also get a shot.

3) Seguin's development.

4) Horton's return. I still feel he will be the odd man out next year but it will be interesting to see if he can provide some legit offence this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

We now can get on with our regular lives.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Wonder if Timmy feels the lockout's given him enough time to connect with his F's?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Timmy had plenty of time to solely focus on politics during the lockout; he should be ready to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Good to see you all. While I'm not looking forward to enduring the awful functionality on these boards, i'm pumped to talk hockey with you all again.

Go Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

GO B'S!!!!

now who's in nets?....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wonder if Timmy feels the lockout's given him enough time to connect with his F's?

[/QUOTE]

I thought it odd TT decided to be part of a meeting last a few weeks ago.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Thomas-sits-in-on-NHLPA-conference-call?blockID=815739&feedID=5364

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The teams that get off to the hottest starts in the first 15 games or so will be the ones with the edge in getting into the playoffs.  That's what stinks about these shortened seasons.

On top of that the seedings will be so bunched together that they likely will go to 4-5 deep levels in  tiebreakers.  A 9 seeded team could well have a 2 point difference from a 2 seed.  Really.

[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact same thing Ipot. This could be the year that a hot start gets the Leafs to the playoffs...........probably not though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The teams that get off to the hottest starts in the first 15 games or so will be the ones with the edge in getting into the playoffs.  That's what stinks about these shortened seasons.

On top of that the seedings will be so bunched together that they likely will go to 4-5 deep levels in  tiebreakers.  A 9 seeded team could well have a 2 point difference from a 2 seed.  Really.

[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact same thing Ipot. This could be the year that a hot start gets the Leafs to the playoffs...........probably not though.

[/QUOTE]

Should that happen let's see how early the Cup parade details are released, dez. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Should that happen let's see how early the Cup parade details are released, dez. 

[/QUOTE]

RHO, I don't know why but I was surprised to see the Leafs were the only team to not play in a single playoff game between lockouts. The short season could end up being a godsend for them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Think of what Fehr and Bettman just made.  That should be released. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought it odd TT decided to be part of a meeting last a few weeks ago.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Thomas-sits-in-on-NHLPA-conference-call?blockID=815739&feedID=5364

[/QUOTE]

Given his politics I would think he would be on the owners side.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Already have in my area. Crazy out there today. Leafs jersies here and there, Leaf fans know they have a shot to make the playoffs and will brag until the time comes when they're eliminated

God bless them (hahaha)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If the Leafs get Leaky Lou they might have a chance, if its  Reimer and Scrivner then they likely don't make it. Remember they have the same defence.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GO B'S!!!!

now who's in nets?....

[/QUOTE]

Rask will start the season but it wont take long before Kudhobin becomes our no.1 ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS IN 2011 & 2013 (with Khudo as our number 1 goaile)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I am super excited that the lock out is over, but who ever spends the money to buy tickets for this season is a damn fool. Watching it on tv is the way to go. Fu...k the players and the owners for this long of a lock out. Don't give them a dime.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

RHO, I don't know why but I was surprised to see the Leafs were the only team to not play in a single playoff game between lockouts. The short season could end up being a godsend for them.

[/QUOTE]

dez - Often with all the usual bluster about the Leafs up here, that fact you mention is frequently overlooked.  The labour situation aside the prevailing opinion in Toronto sports media entering this season seemed to be the Leafs had to make the playoffs or Brian Burke was out. 

Do you think that situation still holds true especially with this shortened schedule? Could this number of games intensify any heat on him from MLSE?

Sections
Shortcuts