It's the approach not the lines!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's the approach not the lines!!!

It's bothering me all the line changes.  IMO small tweaks would have served better.
    They did work on 5 on 5s and cycling the puck at practice so that could be an indication that they've worked on their approach.
    Just score the 1st goal !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: It's the approach not the lines!!!

I agree that it is the approach that needs to change however I think changing lines when things aren't going well helps to loosen things up, gives the opposition a different look to deal with and ultimately could lead to a renewed confidence which will lead to the required approach.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: It's the approach not the lines!!!:
    I agree that it is the approach that needs to change however I think changing lines when things aren't going well helps to loosen things up, gives the opposition a different look to deal with and ultimately could lead to a renewed confidence which will lead to the required approach.  
    Posted by huntbri

I agree if it's not working to change up the lines a little , just that this is drastic. Paille , while I like what he brings to a 4th line , playing on a top line ??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Nothing against going back to regular lines mid-way through the game too.
    Variety is the spice of life

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I agree, I wouldn't be this drastic with the line changes.  Krejci-Lucic and Bergeron-Marchand have been great for the past 2 years.  I might change who they play with, but I'd keep those duos together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In the olden days Eddie Shore would have just tied the players' legs together, put a noose around the goalies' neck and turn the arena lights out during practise. Compared to that a pivotal play off game would just be a dawdle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

It's not the lines, the refs, the power play or even the Caps. It's the B's attitude that's the problem. They need to be closer on their spacing for shorter passes to outnumber a defender and the puck needs to be taken to the middle to challenge the crease and slot. This will make defenders react and create open areas!! As long as the B's are happy settling for what the Caps are giving them (outside 40footers) they will continue to pile up shots with nothing to show for it!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Proof, Julien after their 1st shufts he had Marchand back with Bergeron and the 4th line back to normal. 
    They played a little better today creating chances .

I'm going out on a limb that the Bruins will continue their play fo today, the Caps at home on high emotion will no play the same game and the Bruins will win tomorrow.
    They'll live another day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: It's the approach not the lines!!!:
    Proof, Julien after their 1st shufts he had Marchand back with Bergeron and the 4th line back to normal.  They played a little better today creating chances . I'm going out on a limb that the Bruins will continue their play fo today, the Caps at home on high emotion will no play the same game and the Bruins will win tomorrow. They'll live another day.
    Posted by BsLegion

That they did, BsL.  Marchand particularly performed more like the player we've come to be familiar with.  We know he's on his game when the opposition hates his guts.  Prior to today we haven't seen any signs of the Caps feeling this way until he scored. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How about this approach, score the 1st goal? I know easier said then done.
    Today they got unlucky hitting the crossbar and goal post.

- The Bruins are now 1-3 after allowing the first goal of the game.

- The Caps were 29-7-6 when scoring the first goal of the game in the regular season and are 3-1 in this series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

I agree that Caps are playing the 1-4 perfectly and their goalie is not the only factor to their success, but the whole team.

On the other hand, the B's coulh have made serious damage in Washington on Thursday night... but they didn't come even close by being only satisfied with their win on Tuesday night.

In today's game, they picked up their game with about 2 minutes left to play in the 2nd period... when they came back for 3rd period, it was basically all gone !!!

Sections
Shortcuts