It's time for line tweaks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

It's time for line tweaks!

I know Julien is not a coach to change forward lines during games; however a change needs to happen for the next game. The Bruins won't get far with one functionning scoring line and one effective fourth line.

Throw Bergeron,Marchand,Seguin, Jagr,Peverley and Kelly's names into a bag and come up with a new second and third line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: It's time for line tweaks!

I am wondering if Bergeron and Marchand are still hurting... Seguin is just plain disappointing me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Starting to agree. Injuries are just speculation but it is clear that Lines 2 & 3 aren't putting points on the board. How about:

Pevs - Bergy - Seguin

March - Kelly - Jagr

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Marchand seems to be making bad decisions - like skating into trouble rather than going around it.  Seguin is just ineffective right now -- not winning puck battles, getting knocked off the puck, etc.

Peverly and Kelly are pretty much invisible and Jagr is slow beyond belief.  He's smart and cagey, which is great, but he hasn't alot of tools at this point.

Bergy is great, but he gets no help.  I'd almost say Paille and Jagr with Bergy -- one speedy guy and one smart guy.

But seriously, maybe move either Marchand or Seguin down for a period, and someone -- Jagr? - up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

They out shot the Leafs...They were snake bitten...Yes Seguin and Marchand are struggling....But it's too late to start "throwing lines together" and see what comes up ! 

If the Bruins were totally out played yes....but they weren't. Ya stick with the gal ya brung to the dance.

Stay cool. I know the Bruins will.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Agree with stuke, it's something to talk about but I doubt there will be any changes.  Although I wouldn't mind seeing Boychuk get a seat in the press box.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Seguin needs an early goal on Sunday to get some confidence.  He's got to much skill and speed to have a completely useless series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Agree with stuke, it's something to talk about but I doubt there will be any changes.  Although I wouldn't mind seeing Boychuk get a seat in the press box.

Take ference and jagr with him. I mean I'm just venting with ference and boychux but am I out of line to say that jagr is preforming under expectations? kelly and peverley are working hard seems like jagr has been a step slow? Just a question not asking for wholesale changes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Krecji's line»8 goals

Defense»5 goals

Rest of the team(9 forwards)»3 goals!

5 games is enough  to realize that a change is required...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

They wont change but Marchie and Seguin have been absolutley brutal.  Both guys look like they unlearned the game and their positions the last couple of weeks.  Poor Bergeron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to nickvox's comment:

They wont change but Marchie and Seguin have been absolutley brutal.  Both guys look like they unlearned the game and their positions the last couple of weeks.  Poor Bergeron.

They have been disappointing no question, including Bergeron.  As long as they have a next game, there is still hope!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Take ference and jagr with him. I mean I'm just venting with ference and boychux but am I out of line to say that jagr is preforming under expectations? kelly and peverley are working hard seems like jagr has been a step slow? Just a question not asking for wholesale changes.

I mean puck possession is one thing but is it too much to ask for a goal.We can blame his linemates all we want but really can't a player of this calibre do something on his own? On the PP his shots are off, misfires on slapshots and carrying the puck around and around and around and then its poked off his stick.I find he's a bigger and slower version of Samsonov.Maybe he still has the flu.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I think Marchand has actually been the worst of the three by a small margin.  His passes are horrendous, he bobbles every puck.  In 2011 he was feisty and scored big goals.  Most of the time he is not showing that edge, not driving to the net and he hasn't scored.

Seguin gets knocked down way to easy but he has been back-checking hard and has skated pretty well and created some good chances.  Bottom line though is he is paid to score goals and he isn't getting ot done.

Bergeron has been solid by anyone else's standard but we need him to play his game at his normal level if this team is going to win this series.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I still think Kelly has been awful.

Peverly does some good things nd wins faceoffs but is erratic.

Jagr is a little frustrating because he does hang onto pucks until he loses them and can't finish but he has created a fair number of chances in the last few games with his puck control.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

I still think Kelly has been awful.

Peverly does some good things nd wins faceoffs but is erratic.

Jagr is a little frustrating because he does hang onto pucks until he loses them and can't finish but he has created a fair number of chances in the last few games with his puck control.

kelly looks slow.  I agree Marchand has been the worst...just throwing blind passes all over the ice but the worst is when he throws it right into the middle crossing the offensive blue line...gives toronto an esay breakout and he's doing it way too often. Seguin's panties are bunched too tight, he cant even fend off a stick check to score that goal on the two on one.  has to bear down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Seguin has been useless so far but I can't see CJ changing any lines soon. He's too good for this to go much futher. Surely Seguin gotta have a breakout performance in game 6.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

March has not done much and I think Jagr and him should trade places on a trial basis and see what happens. The 2nd line right now is useless and the Bruins need to score, don't need the Leafs coming back on us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I am wondering if Bergeron and Marchand are still hurting... Seguin is just plain disappointing me.

The players on the line are Bergeron, Marchand and Seguin.  You wonder if Bergeron and Marchand are hurt...then disparage Seguin.

Don't you think that the results from Seguin are related to his linemates play?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Seguin has been useless so far but I can't see CJ changing any lines soon. He's too good for this to go much futher. Surely Seguin gotta have a breakout performance in game 6.

Have you been watching, or are you just checking the box scores?  The kid hasn't taken one shift off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Have you been watching, or are you just checking the box scores?  The kid hasn't taken one shift off.

Funny. Ference and Horton make boneheaded plays and it's Seguin's fault they lost. If the puck was a millimeter lower at the end of the game, everyone would be singing his praises.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not really. Seguin is playing well, and Bergeron keeps on rolling, but both he and Marchand have yet to recover fully. Kelly played his best game last nite, so he has also recovered; Jagr, as we know, has his skills, but they have not meshed with this Bruins team, and by the 3rd period , his age moves in. How about Daugavins for Thornton [ not on Claude's watch]. Bartkowski's speed could help, but Claude has him on a short leash, and Hamilton was very nervous [expected] and tentative. Toronto worked hard to check Kreji's line, and Reimer was oh so good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

What has Kelly done?? Replace him with Soderberg, he and Jagr seemed to have some chemistry

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to POWERSURGE's comment:I agree and last night was the perfect game to switch things up! They couldn't score so why not juggle the lines mid game

I know Julien is not a coach to change forward lines during games; however a change needs to happen for the next game. The Bruins won't get far with one functionning scoring line and one effective fourth line.

Throw Bergeron,Marchand,Seguin, Jagr,Peverley and Kelly's names into a bag and come up with a new second and third line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

In response to POWERSURGE's comment:I agree and last night was the perfect game to switch things up! They couldn't score so why not juggle the lines mid game

It's comments like these where I say Thank GOD CJ's the coach and not these stiffs!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts