Its time to cut Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Its time to cut Ryder

The way he plays usually disgusts me. Doesn't play with any fire nor urgency to want to be part of a scoring play. Waits until someone feeds hims the puck and tries to wrist it top shelf is his game. These days he is trying to do some silly stickhandling moves he has no business trying.

He needs to be either waived or sent to providence. Bring up guys who are hungry to make a contribution down in providence like Caron, Sauve, Arniel and Hamill.

I hope ryder has not spent too much money since he is going to rely on it for his future. Nobody is going to sign this stiff next year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Its time to cut Ryder

no its not

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's here thru the playoffs.  Kudos to CJ for lessening his role and recognizing the fact that he is not a big part of the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The time to send Ryder down to Providence would have been earlier in the year, not now. They should have kept Sturm and demoted Ryder. Ryder would still get paid and his money would not count against the cap, but I'm sure Jacobs did not want to pay him his salary while he was on Providence.

It's an absolute shame he reufses to get emotionally engaged. In the 8-6 win against the Habs he was an absolute force, then after he got benched he played a terrific game versus Nashville. More proof of the talent is there, terrific shot, big body who can actually skate but he just does not or refuses to care.
    He is a disgrace to the sweater.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

No upside in waiving him now, as kelvana states, that ship sailed awhile ago.  I am fine with him being a healthy scratch, put him in the press-box as insurance for possible injuries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Scratch him or put him on the 4th line. He has no business on being on the 2nd line. Its just plain dumb coaching and unfair favoritism towards Ryder

Horton Krejci Lucic
    Recchi Bergeron Marchand
    Seguin Kelly Peverly
    Thornton Campbell Paille/ryder

The Bergeron and Kelly line has to be more involved in the scoring. Krejci line is carrying this team on its back for a while now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Its time to cut Ryder:
    No upside in waiving him now, as kelvana states, that ship sailed awhile ago.  I am fine with him being a healthy scratch, put him in the press-box as insurance for possible injuries.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Like you said Crowls,he's here for the playoffs anyway so I have no problems having him as a 4th liner.I still prefer him over Paille since there's a far better chance that Ryder might score.With the additions of Kelly and Peverly,Paille's PK skills are no longer required.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Its time to cut Ryder : Like you said Crowls,he's here for the playoffs anyway so I have no problems having him as a 4th liner.I still prefer him over Paille since there's a far better chance that Ryder might score.With the additions of Kelly and Peverly,Paille's PK skills are no longer required.
    Posted by dezaruchi

My view exactly if I need to choose solely between Ryder and Paille. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Ryder is a healthy scratch for tonight, Paille is in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ryder is a healthy scratch for tonight, Paille is in.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Wow! If this doesn't shame Ryder into working harder,nothing will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Its time to cut Ryder : Wow! If this doesn't shame Ryder into working harder,nothing will.
    Posted by dezaruchi

If the last benching didn't get through to him, I don't see how this one will.

I disagree with Kelvana, he didn't impress me with the game after his last benching, he was just going with the flow and not making any differences himself.

All he needs to do to substantially improve his contribution is to simply do the follow through hits and hustle for loose pucks.

I looked up his ht & wt, 6' and 192.  I've been standing pretty close to him in the post game itnerview he was wearing shorts and a t shirt so I could see his frame, he sure seems like 5'10" and 180.  But disregard appearance because he plays like 5'9" and 170.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The beginning of the end for Ryder?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

My guess is he's an outcast in the room and the rest of the team wants nothing to do with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My guess is he's an outcast in the room and the rest of the team wants nothing to do with him.
    Posted by hangnail

Why would they dislike him as a person?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Its time to cut Ryder : Why would they dislike him as a person?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem.  His inconsistent effort puts him in the latter category.  Teammates expect players to go through the wall for each other.  That's not Ryder's MO in most (if any) games.  He may be a nice guy but who cares.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Its time to cut Ryder : You're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem.  His inconsistent effort puts him in the latter category.  Teammates expect players to go through the wall for each other.  That's not Ryder's MO in most (if any) games.  He may be a nice guy but who cares.
    Posted by hangnail

He's a Newfie.  People like him!  Yeah, he is a nice guy.  The guys in the locker room aren't going to shun him because he isn't living up to his contract.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think he may play a role before the end.  He's streaky.  He might be great in the playoffs if he's called upon.  But Seguin and Peverly are making it hard to justify having him in the lineup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Yeah, he just might come alive in the playoffs... he'll be thinking of that last juicy contract before retirement!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The main difference between Ryder and Paille is that Ryder has the "potential" to put the puck in the net and, at the end of the day, goals are what wins games.

I am not a fan of Ryder but I would still play him over Paille in the long run for this fact alone. Just think of last year in the second half of the Philly series. Goals are at a premium in the playoffs. We have enough Paille types (Campbell, Kelly, Peverly).

Yes,Paille did well tonight. That is to say he did not make any mistakes nor was his line scored on in the game. For him, that is good. But, he was never a threat to score either.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryder will start in the 1st round because of that special place in his heart Julien has for Ryder Michael will play ok pot a few goals during mop up games then disappear during the 2nd round after fooling his supporters again.

I don't agree with Milbury allot but during the 2nd intermission of the Habnot game Mike was spot on "Why is Ryder even out there!?!?" He should never see the ice again in a Bruins game he's useless now and should only be used if as mentioned if there is an injury too bad that won't happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

The Ryder ship has sailed...someone will pick him up next season and we will ask " why didn't he do that for us"!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

as long as he's under contract this year, he can healthy scratch until there's a point where the B's feel they have to get somebody to put a puck in the net. Now with the rest of the season sort of meaningless in terms of playoffs, it might be a good idea to put him back in the lineup and see if he can click by one or two games. If he is still non-existent, then he's officially put in reserve status. I don't look at the B's being concerned with Ryder as a goal scorer as much as it's that he does nothing else...At least with Paille and Seguin, you are getting other things--forechecking, PK, PP specialty. Ryder is a 1-dimensional player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

as long as he's under contract this year, he can healthy scratch until there's a point where the B's feel they have to get somebody to put a puck in the net. Now with the rest of the season sort of meaningless in terms of playoffs, it might be a good idea to put him back in the lineup and see if he can click by one or two games. If he is still non-existent, then he's officially put in reserve status. I don't look at the B's being concerned with Ryder as a goal scorer as much as it's that he does nothing else...At least with Paille and Seguin, you are getting other things--forechecking, PK, PP specialty. Ryder is a 1-dimensional player.
    Posted by dannycater

Sadly,his one dimension has him in a tie for the team lead in PP goals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

The main difference between Ryder and Paille is that Ryder has the "potential" to put the puck in the net and, at the end of the day, goals are what wins games. I am not a fan of Ryder but I would still play him over Paille in the long run for this fact alone. Just think of last year in the second half of the Philly series. Goals are at a premium in the playoffs. We have enough Paille types (Campbell, Kelly, Peverly).   Yes,Paille did well tonight. That is to say he did not make any mistakes nor was his line scored on in the game. For him, that is good. But, he was never a threat to score either.....
    Posted by jmwalters

I would not put any of these in Paille's category. While I don't think Kelly adds much to the B's Peverley and Campbell do. Peverley has potential to back the opposing D up and Campbell adds a lot more than Paille all around. Kelly should center the 4th line and Campbell needs a shot at the 3rd with Seguin and Peverley.

It was nice not seeing Ryder go through the motions of a winger!!!!!!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts