It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out!

"The Bruins are a better, more dynamic offensive team with Seguin in the lineup, even if he makes a blunder here or there. The team is built around the type of defense and goaltending that should be able to cover up most mistakes."

Quoted from Matt Kalman. Thanks Matt, we see it the same way.

This team, as they are constituted now, will spin their wheels all season long and frustrate their fans to hell.

Let it all hang out, Tyler. Without you this team is average. With you this team can fly. Without you this team is predictable. With you this team will cause panic in the opposition defense.

The sooner everyone (Claude!) realizes this, the sooner you will become one of the elite players of the NHL. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

The sooner you become one of the elite, the sooner the Bruins can rid themselves of expensive, high-priced players and get the proper pieces that fit. And only then can we think of a Stanley Cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Re: It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out!

I agree! amen brother.

Just as long has you back-check, tyler!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Thje Claude part is the problem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/ca/en?cid=DA|TSN|Hockey|CA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Get a little more physically involved!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

Agree.  Been saying this all along.  CJ is not handling Seguin like the talent he is.  seguin needs alot more icetime period!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from airborne. Show airborne's posts

If you have a talent like Tyler you give him ample ice time to sharpen his skills. You don't put him up in the booth with a pretty suit and tie. Every year the Bruins make changes which never seem to materialize. This year is no exception. Where lies the fault? Maybe it's time not only to look at CJ but also the GM. CJ is not inspiring the troops. The GM is not making the proper moves. And the Jacob ownership is too cheap. There will be no Stanley Cup banner hanging in the rafters this year. Well at least we have good leadership and superb owners with the Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics. Maybe some of them should be shifted over to our once BIG BAD BRUINS.
    Mike T - Fort Benning, GA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Playing with Savard could be good for Seguin, but you are right on the backcheck comment. Also he is backing in to forechecks which do not seem to show any result. Perhaps one of the coaches could show Tyler how to use his less than heavy frame to check well. His size and strength will evolve, let's make sure his good habits also grow with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

Seguin and Savard need a winger who will hit to create the necessary room for them to use their speed and passing. Just like Lucic did for Savard and Kessel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I agree with this post 99.9%

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hang on.

What do any of us know about bringing up talent?  The last time the B's had a can't-miss-kid was in 1997.  Joe Thornton toiled on the fourth line, got minimal minutes, minimal points...and went on to appear in six All-Star games, and win the Art Ross and Hart Trophies.

Before that, who was the previous incredible prospect?  Bobby Orr?

Yeah, I wish Seguin was playing on the first line for 21 minutes a game, but let's not pretend like any us know the first thing about how to handle a rookie with an amazing future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

wheatskins, you know better.  You've watched more hockey than to think a team can turn one player loose, free one player from the integrated team approach to both offense and defense, and expect results either from the player or the team.  How would it even work, Tyler 'letting it all hang out'?  Should he just call for the puck and then try to beat teams all by him(kessel)self?  Should his whole line be allowed to play a different game than the rest?  Are we expecting Ryder to keep up with him and finish his slick passes?

It's a team game.  You can't just say "okay, kid, show us what you got."  You can give him more ice, and more responsibility by running the pp through him from time to time, or running set plays to get him shooting opportunities, but beyond that, he's got to learn where his shots will come from, when he can burst for open space, and more than anything, how to be effective enough on the wall to keep the forecheck/cycle going long enough for an opening to develop and for Savard to put the puck on his stick.  You can't rush that just by giving him more opportunities to make mistakes or by telling him the reins are off.

As much as he has to have the leeway to make mistakes, you also have to balance that against putting him in situtations where he can be successful - or at least limiting his opportunities to make game-changing mistakes.  The kid needs time to process his mistakes if he's going to learn from them, and you will eventually kill his confidence if he gets exposed without also having some successes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Recch's set play on the PP in the Toronto game was a gem and a confidence builder for Seguin. It's a confidence thing for a young teenager he sould be on the powerplay because he is one of the most accurate shooters on the team this would also give Julien more confidence in Tyler.

I'm not sold on Seguin should get more TOI right now either but he should be out for more scoring opportunities like the Powerplay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out!:
    [QUOTE]Playing with Savard could be good for Seguin, but you are right on the backcheck comment. Also he is backing in to forechecks which do not seem to show any result. Perhaps one of the coaches could show Tyler how to use his less than heavy frame to check well. His size and strength will evolve, let's make sure his good habits also grow with him.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

I've never seen anything like it before. Everytime he's about to make contact he turns his back. I know he's only a teenager playing with grown men, but it's a little concerning...did he do this before he got here? Sometimes I wish he would get hit hard, so he'll realize he didn't die. Nobody wants him to become Eric Lindros, but you can't play if you're afraid. I'd like to think this is an opportunity for some coaching and guidance. I believe in his talent, and think that he will eventually become a star...but he shouldn't be allowed to continue doing this, it's not good for him-or the team. Bad habits won't help him realize his immense potential. This was one of the main reasons I'm not in favor of him playing wing. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out! : I've never seen anything like it before. Everytime he's about to make contact he turns his back. I know he's only a teenager playing with grown men, but it's a little concerning...did he do this before he got here? Sometimes I wish he would get hit hard, so he'll realize he didn't die. Nobody wants him to become Eric Lindros, but you can't play if you're afraid. I'd like to think this is an opportunity for some coaching and guidance. I believe in his talent, and think that he will eventually become a star...but he shouldn't be allowed to continue doing this, it's not good for him-or the team. Bad habits won't help him realize his immense potential. This was one of the main reasons I'm not in favor of him playing wing. 
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we all know more than he does.  This kid knew more about playing hockey when he was 16 than we'll ever know.

Stop nitpicking.  He's going to be great. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out! : Yeah, we all know more than he does.  This kid knew more about playing hockey when he was 16 than we'll ever know. Stop nitpicking.  He's going to be great. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I said that I believe in his talent, and that I thought he would become a star.
    But my post was confirming a comment that someone else had made noticing that he was "backing in to forechecks" ...it's not "nitpicking" it's just a comment on an aspect of his play and how it affects his development.

I guess these guys really got to you last week -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out! : I said that I believe in his talent, and that I thought he would become a star. But my post was confirming a comment that someone else had made noticing that he was "backing in to forechecks" ...it's not "nitpicking" it's just a comment on an aspect of his play and how it affects his development. I guess these guys really got to you last week - Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

You're right it isn't knit picking and he will get whacked soon it's just the way of a young forward in the NHL. He needs it is correct then he'll understand not to turn his back all a learning process.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Tyler needs to grow a pair. I know he is 18.. and he looks it! he is VERY timid, he has the speed to hit the corners first but he elects to fall back..  and follow his man to the corner.. example.. Last night along the left offensive blue line he was led into the zone by a long pass. went off his tape.. into the corner.. he had speed and angle , but saw the D man with a better angle ON HIM.. so he elected to let his man grab the puck first and move it out of the zone.. hey Tyler.... TAKE THE HIT or lean on your man into the corner.. but that move was blatantly a lack of gonads.. and it showed big time... If he can't handle the physical aspect of the game "yet".. he shouldn't be playing with the big boys.. 
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he thought the better idea would be to play the man instead of trying to get the puck, get rocked then lose the puck.

People seem to think of a player does this or that, it's about fear.  Maybe it's decision making.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last night was one of his more aggressive games , just watched and replayed some his forechecks. 
    He did take the body a couple times.
    Too bad he didn't score on that break, he can really motor once he takes off and beat two Caps to the puck.  Positive.
    Mr Shot,  good point on J.Thornton.  I made this point a couple of times how limited Joe was in icetime .  I also remember coach Burns telling reporters to back down,  Joe will be a great player one day.  

More comments by Burns (rest his soul) that year:
    -He's too good a player to be sent back to the Juniors , he has nothing more to learn at the Junior level.
    -It's more beneficial for Joe Thornton to remain with the Bruins rather than playing the WJC.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Yup.  Try and give the puck to Tyler more often.  We need to effectively make plays at center ice and STAY in the offensive zone. At this point anything to never re-live the 2nd and 3rd periods of last night's game.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

You don't want to re-live two periods of the Bruins ahead?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

The forecheck is an ice hockey defensive play made in the offensive zone with the objective of applying pressure to the opposing team's puck carrier forcing a turnover.[1] Forechecking is generally executed in one of three situations: recovery of the puck after a dump in, after the rebound on a scoring attempt, or immediately after a turnover to regain possession.[2] Forechecking can be aggressive or conservative depending on the coaching style,[3] and on the skating skills of the players, with aggressive forechecking strategies more suited for players with good skating mobility, and more conservative plays such as the neutral zone trap better suited for players with less agility.[4]

To clarify, Tyler Seguin is backing in to bodychecks, he has no problems with forechecking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think he's being handled fine, he is getting time on the PP at times.. He is playing.. But watching him play, he looks good with the puck, and that is about it at times.. He looks to shy away from physical play, he is getting beat to pucks I believe he can get too.. With the puck he looks great.. but there needs to be more before you just give him more minutes that he hasnt earned because he has potential, this is not a rebuilding franchise.. Coaching needs to do what is best for the team in regards to winning a championship above all else at this point..   Letting seguin go out there to make mistakes because it will help him, at the cost of the team is not best for the team.. And after watching the caps the idea that the D and thomas can cover up  more mistakes then (thomas) did, is ridiculous..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's time to let Tyler let it all hang out! : You don't want to re-live two periods of the Bruins ahead?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You can look at it that way, or ignoring the first period (as I would read that) the bruins were out scored 2-0, and out shot 33-9.. How many games can you win like that?