it's time to trade 18

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

it's time to trade 18

His value is high and there are teams like Washington who need immediate upgrade would love this guy and  could possibly include 2 former 1rst round picks and a future first round pick.

flame away.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: it's time to trade 18

both of you....stop. We have one guy saying that we need to trade a top line winger when teh team is 9-2-2. Then another saying we are going to somehow get the number one overall pick.  Honestly the only way we could do that would be to trade dougie and tyler

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Cup contenders do not trade major assets for draft picks. MAYBE if there was someone in the minors that was really pushing for a top 6 spot (there isn't), a move could be made.

If they can't sign Horton next year, it will be a challenge to replace him. Why make it a problem, this year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

Cup contenders do not trade major assets for draft picks. MAYBE if there was someone in the minors that was really pushing for a top 6 spot (there isn't), a move could be made.

If they can't sign Horton next year, it will be a challenge to replace him. Why make it a problem, this year?

I agree 100%. Plus Horton has been like this during his tenure he scores in bunches, but you need a guy like him in your top 6. Plus I am sure teams would be knocking down the door for a guy coming back from concussion problems. If he stays healthy resign him and move Kelly during the summer to work him in the cap. Spooner could replace Kelly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to Bruins6's comment:

In response to biggskye's comment:

I agree 100%. Plus Horton has been like this during his tenure he scores in bunches, but you need a guy like him in your top 6. Plus I am sure teams would be knocking down the door for a guy coming back from concussion problems. If he stays healthy resign him and move Kelly during the summer to work him in the cap. Spooner could replace Kelly.

Amen !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

IF and that's a big IF, we could get Washington's #1 pick then I would pull that trigger.  Horton is one hit away from being out for the season.  Once you have 3 or 4 concussions your future is bleak.  For every Bergeron you get a Savard, total crap shoot.  Also Horton, not being able to play like his physical self his value is less.  No way Washington gives us a #1 for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Washington is a little nutz. Stranger things have happened and they are in desperate need.

I would move Horton even though I really like him.

Nothing personal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Horton for O'Reilly and a 1rst and throw number #42 on his back

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

His value is high and there are teams like Washington who need immediate upgrade would love this guy and  could possibly include 2 former 1rst round picks and a future first round pick.

flame away.

the Bruins are trying to win this year not rebuild for the future, doubt they trade him unless they get someone back that will help them right away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think Horton still has plenty to contribute. I doubt the front office has any intention of dealing him this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's a UFA at the end of the year, has had two major concussions, not to mention the fact that the Bruins are a legit cup contender and need him..So deal him to a team in your conference that knocked you out of the playoffs makes no sense, on alot of levels.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

flame away.

1. How is hortons value high? He is as streaky as it gets in the NHL.

2. Why in the world would the last team in the eastern conference want a 2 time concussion player, who by the way is UFA at the end of the season.

3. This the best of all. So u want george mcphee, maybe the 1 GM in the league who is on the hot seat to deal 2 former 1st and as future 1 st for Horton?

What kind of crack are u smoking?

blow the flame out and put the pipe down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Coming back from a consussion, he wants to prove he didn't lose his touch. Playing for his job - yes there is no money to go around so he hopes for something. I think he's getting his chnace, and then he'll start putting them in. If we trade him, then the boards will scream - we need a top six scorer! Keep him and if he can stay for around 4MM per, sign him for 4 more years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I didn't realize the 9-2-2 Bruins were sellers.  Trading a first line player for prospects and picks is GENIUS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I didn't realize the 9-2-2 Bruins were sellers.  Trading a first line player for prospects and picks is GENIUS.

No kidding, i wonder if the Blackhawks are looking to dump Sharp or Hossa, it might be worth "kicking the tires" on hmmmmmm................

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

No kidding, i wonder if the Blackhawks are looking to dump Sharp or Hossa, it might be worth "kicking the tires" on hmmmmmm................

Sell sell sell !!!! Who cares about the best start for bruins best start ever. Break up the Bs! Now

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Right now they need him and unless the Bruins get another 1st line winger in return you cannot trade him for picks or even a 3rd or 4th liner.  and who would give in return a 1st line winger ??  Like many stated he's come back from a lengthy concussion.

On that note he's probably the Bruin that has the most chances on net , especially against Buffalo and did not finish.  The downside is the Bruins lost that game and just one goal on his chances could have changed the outcome of that game. The upside is he's getting free and skating well to get open .  Sooner or later the pucks will start going in for him.

I really don't think the Bruins will be involved in a major trade anytime soon.  The demand for whomever is on the trade block is so high and not worth it for the Bs to bite now when the team is doing well. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Somehow I doubt Chiarelli is entertaining any thoughts of moving Horton, one of the better power forwards in the league. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Somehow I doubt Chiarelli is entertaining any thoughts of moving Horton, one of the better power forwards in the league. 

Agreed RHO. If anything, PC is more likely to be trying to extend Horton if the price is right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bruins are looking like strong cup contenders, why would they trade Horton for prospects? Did you not watch how different this team is without Horton in the lineup last year? If they're going to make a deep run they need him. So what if it means he walks after the season is over, the trade for him landed them a Cup, and the potential for more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

The only way you trade Horton, and that isn't going to happen, is if you can get a better winger. Not a Centerman, because they have a surplus of those, but a better scoring winger that will help them win the cup. A first pick isn't going to help that this year or next. But trading Horton for Iggy might work. Both UFA's and both scoring wingers, but Iggy has a better track record. If you have something like that, then talk, but this idea is really short sighted. 

And why is this coming up. He's having a decent year so far. The team is doing well, so why the hurry to change? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Agreed RHO. If anything, PC is more likely to be trying to extend Horton if the price is right.

And there you have it- How much is Horton's agent asking for a year ?

If you are Chiarelli and you have been speaking to Horton's agent, don't like what he wants then your phone rings with a GM who is wants to dump a 2 year contract of a proven forward...

Knowing the cap is going down to $64M next fall- What do you do ?

I would be compelled to think about the offer or if I can financially keep Horton. Obviously draft picks and prospects would not be what you want back for Horton, that's just a salary dump.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

And there you have it- How much is Horton's agent asking for a year ?

If you are Chiarelli and you have been speaking to Horton's agent, don't like what he wants then your phone rings with a GM who is wants to dump a 2 year contract of a proven forward...

Knowing the cap is going down to $64M next fall- What do you do ?

I would be compelled to think about the offer or if I can financially keep Horton. Obviously draft picks and prospects would not be what you want back for Horton, that's just a salary dump.

Exactly San. PC might as well let Horton play out his contract and take what he gets from him this year. Shipping him out for picks or prospects is something a non-playoff team would do. Stanley Cup contenders don't trade 1st line wingers for picks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

All this "trade Horton" talk makes the "replace Bourque" talk sound reasonable!!!

I'd like the Bruins to score a few more goals and maybe play the body a little more... but at 9-2-2, I'm willing to accept that PC and CJ know a little more than me.

Sections
Shortcuts