it's time to trade 18

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: it's time to trade 18

I feel like it's going to be an ovious name, but who is Iggy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Nathan has scored big goals in our quest for the Cup in 2011 and again this year he has scored some important gaols ...not the proper time to trade him ...I would trade Pev and a high pick for a guy like Pouliot ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Nathan has scored big goals in our quest for the Cup in 2011 and again this year he has scored some important gaols ...not the proper time to trade him ...I would trade Pev and a high pick for a guy like Pouliot ...

I agree with you. He's proven to be a clutch goal scorer, especially in the playoffs in 2011.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

the only way, and i mean the only way i could see horton getting traded is kind of a ludicrous scenario. Let's say that PC was trying to extend him, and his agent wanted 5.5 a year, and PC was firm on no more than 4.5. If by some silly chance the Calgary GM happened to be chatting with PC, and this was brought up, and Jay Feaster said, "I could absolutely sign Horton to a 5 year 27.5 million dollar contract." and then PC said, well take our first rounder, caron, and give us a iginla and you get horton. In other words, the only way i could see horton being moved is if it's part of a trade that upgrades that position. Draft picks is a silly notion, almost as silly as the one i just introduced. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

His value is high and there are teams like Washington who need immediate upgrade would love this guy and  could possibly include 2 former 1rst round picks and a future first round pick.

flame away.

Gee...if  I would start a thread like this I would get blasted ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Change is vital if this team is going to succeed. The defensive stars are showing some less than quality outings with missed checks, missed passes, and few offensive results. Doesn't mean they are not good players, but they are showing their age and injury effects, starting with Ference, then Seidenberg and even Chara who flailed as Wheeler blasted by him last night. The forwards can all skate, but few are proving to be goal scorers beyond  Kreji and Bergeron lines. Horton has had a few good outings, but he has had more less than good, like his soft coverage on Kane last night. No way should Kane have been able to shoot. Bourque does not have NHL scoring , checking, or passing skills; tries hard, but it's not there. Thornton has become a real drag on the 4th line. Peverly seems to have left his scoring and puck handling skills in the lockout basement. C Gradual changes are necessary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Iggy Pop

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

However Dez if PC isn't liking what Horton's agent is telling him, ala Kessel negotiations, and there is an offer on the table for an established winger. I would need to take a look, a hard look.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

The only change that hasn't been addressed is Ryder and Recchi output.

Rec was slow and had tobe replaced, Ryder was hated by fan base but their output has not been replaced.  Pouliot and now Bqe are not the numbers to fill that line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

However Dez if PC isn't liking what Horton's agent is telling him, ala Kessel negotiations, and there is an offer on the table for an established winger. I would need to take a look, a hard look.

San, it's PC's duty to listen to any and all offers but I'm having trouble imagining a scenario in which he's offered another winger that'd be a suitable replacement for Horton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

The only change that hasn't been addressed is Ryder and Recchi output.

Rec was slow and had tobe replaced, Ryder was hated by fan base but their output has not been replaced.  Pouliot and now Bqe are not the numbers to fill that line.

The second line is better with Seguin than it was with Recchi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Jerome Iginla. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

His value is high and there are teams like Washington who need immediate upgrade would love this guy and  could possibly include 2 former 1rst round picks and a future first round pick.

flame away.

Gee...if  I would start a thread like this I would get blasted ...

this guy did get blasted. he's a troll just like you. pouliot for anything higher than a 5th round pick is stupid, but if peverley keeps playing the way he has it might be worth getting rid of his 3 million a year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

All this "trade Horton" talk makes the "replace Bourque" talk sound reasonable!!!

I'd like the Bruins to score a few more goals and maybe play the body a little more... but at 9-2-2, I'm willing to accept that PC and CJ know a little more than me.

Yeah really, that's almost as foolish as somebody questioning Rask's rebound control during a 3-2 win?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

1. Trade a guy who is a UFA at the end of the season and you're unhappy with his scoring for someone who is an upgrade at the same position. Brilliant, tons of takers I bet.

2. Jim "Iggy" Ignatowski?

3. How hard is it to grasp that in the NHL typically the buyer overpays for good talent:

Ex. Last year, if you wanted Jeff Carter, you had to give up Jack Johnson and a #1 pick.

Ex. Two years ago, Dustin Penner fetched Colton Teubert (2008 13th overall), a #1 pick, and a #3 pick.

End of.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Jerome Iginla. 

I figured it out right after but BDC doesn't allow post deleting anymore lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

San, it's PC's duty to listen to any and all offers but I'm having trouble imagining a scenario in which he's offered another winger that'd be a suitable replacement for Horton.

The only way I could see it happening is if the team still had more than one year left on a salary that they needed to get rid of. PC could see the player coming this way helping this year in the playoffs and next season. Chiarelli would be in the drivers seat and avoid getting nothing for Horton if Nathan's agent priced himself out.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2015&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2 Interesting names coming up for UFA in 2014 or 2015

Of course you wouldn't see two salaries expiring at the same being swapped, that for obvious reasons wouldn't work. Of course first I would love to see Horton re-signed but I would not over pay in Nathans situation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This thread has gotten more attention than it deserves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I've seen allot worse threads get way more attention started by a troll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Change is vital if this team is going to succeed. The defensive stars are showing some less than quality outings with missed checks, missed passes, and few offensive results. Doesn't mean they are not good players, but they are showing their age and injury effects, starting with Ference, then Seidenberg and even Chara who flailed as Wheeler blasted by him last night. The forwards can all skate, but few are proving to be goal scorers beyond  Kreji and Bergeron lines. Horton has had a few good outings, but he has had more less than good, like his soft coverage on Kane last night. No way should Kane have been able to shoot. Bourque does not have NHL scoring , checking, or passing skills; tries hard, but it's not there. Thornton has become a real drag on the 4th line. Peverly seems to have left his scoring and puck handling skills in the lockout basement. C Gradual changes are necessary.

Worst 9-2-2 team ever?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I'm going to clarify my point: I'm not saying "jump the gun and trade Horton."  I was reflecting on the original poster.  

It's a flippin business, folks.  He's a UFA after this season.  That's what looms.  

There's cap space.  Grabbing ANOTHER scorer might help down the stretch.  Sykora is out there for cheap.

You keep Horton this season and assess it when it ends.  THe Bs hold the cards.  Horton keeps up his "goals per game" avg and you re-sign the guy.  IF, I'm saying IF, there's a drop off, then negotiations benefit the buyer.

Wow.

A bruins fan with "foresight"

REFRESHING!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm going to clarify my point: I'm not saying "jump the gun and trade Horton."  I was reflecting on the original poster.  

It's a flippin business, folks.  He's a UFA after this season.  That's what looms.  

There's cap space.  Grabbing ANOTHER scorer might help down the stretch.  Sykora is out there for cheap.

You keep Horton this season and assess it when it ends.  THe Bs hold the cards.  Horton keeps up his "goals per game" avg and you re-sign the guy.  IF, I'm saying IF, there's a drop off, then negotiations benefit the buyer.

Wow.

A bruins fan with "foresight"

REFRESHING!

Apparently you missed the part where ipot said "you keep Horton this season and assess it when it ends". I suggest reading posts in their entirety before commenting. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Agreed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Iggy Pop

Iggy Pop will be awesome on the third line. He can add some Raw Power: raw power,raw power, raw power, raw power, just won't quit, just won't quit, raw power, raw power ...