It's Tuukka time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: It's Tuukka time

are we bruin fans really arguing about who the number one is in boston? does it matter?they are two of the top ten goalies on earth! they BOTH protect the b's net! what a huge problem to have...its like a rich kid having a hard time deciding which car to drive ...the porcshe or bmw. stop it with this nonsense...there are 29 other teams WISHING they had this problem

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: It's Tuukka time:
    [QUOTE]Last night was one of the few times a year we see an '80's game.  There was NO DEFENSE ANYWHERE!  Both teams played little d, it was back and forth, trading chances and fluke goals. Hartnells was a fluke. Zherdev scored a great goal with a great move that Timmy came out ot challenge and lost...that MIGHT have been offsides.  Carters wrist shot I thought hit something.  Even if it didnt, was a good goal. Brieres empty-net goal where Thomas gave a huge rebound wasnt great, but there was NO D in the area on Briere.  Not exactly Timmys fault. O'Donnells looked like it hit the skates of the d-man who went down, sending it up over Timmy. Either way it was a barn-burner.  These games happen from time to time and I thought Thomas was strong, the bounces just went against him.  Luckily the Bruins WERE better than the Flyers, what really matters, and they got the points, another thing that matters.  They are 2-0-1 against the Flyers this year, beating them 3-0, losing 2-1 in a SO and last night 7-5.  Thats pretty good against the best team in the east who knocked them out last year.  Im not worried about last nights game honestly. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Not only do I not worry about last night's game,It actually fills me with even more confidence that Boston can do the job against the best  in the East.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I consider TT's win last night to be Tiant-esque. Was it pretty, not really, but he did what was needed to secure the win, including some HUGE saves in crucial times.

I view the B's tandem as A1 and 1A. It is a WONDERFUL dilemma to have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I consider TT's win last night to be Tiant-esque. Was it pretty, not really, but he did what was needed to secure the win, including some HUGE saves in crucial times. I view the B's tandem as A1 and 1A. It is a WONDERFUL dilemma to have.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely right Obie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Badhab,
    theres not one stat to back that up..

its an opinion, he might have felt pressure to preform at the begining of the year, but he knew he woudl get starts.. Julien plays his vets, and if they are going to trade thomas they needed to show he was healthy enough to play.

Thomas was great at the begining of last year when there was no pressure on him how do you account for that? 6 game stretch where the team went 0-4-2 (both otl's were shut outs) and the team scored like 5 goals for him.. then he go hurt things when down hill..

The fact is, everyone always counts thomas out, and he performs..
    Do you have some stat that says after 3 games off hes 7-0 with a .5GAA??

thomas play lately has been less of a factor of him, and more of the defense, the offense is trading chances more, and were letting guys in behind the defense..

hes still winning games.. and still the front runner for the vezina, why mess with that?  He's not being over worked at this point..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I think the score last night was the result of some pretty bad ice conditions. The puck was bouncing around all night.
    I thought Boucher had a great game, and he let in 6 goals.
       Rask should get the start Saturday. If he wins, he should get the next start, as well.
    However, the last thing I worry about on this team, is who is in net. With these two guys, you know the goaltending will be great.
       My only question would be, if a game got to a shootout and Thomas was the starter, is there any way that Julien could have Rask handle the shootout?
    I'm guessing TT would be completely ticked off, but he really looks like his confidence on breakaways, has completely disappeared.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bigg skye,
    he made a great save on a break away late last night.. But if he has confidene problems bringing rask in for the shootout wouldnt help, plus if Rask lost it??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]   I think the score last night was the result of some pretty bad ice conditions. The puck was bouncing around all night. I thought Boucher had a great game, and he let in 6 goals.    Rask should get the start Saturday. If he wins, he should get the next start, as well. However, the last thing I worry about on this team, is who is in net. With these two guys, you know the goaltending will be great.    My only question would be, if a game got to a shootout and Thomas was the starter, is there any way that Julien could have Rask handle the shootout? I'm guessing TT would be completely ticked off, but he really looks like his confidence on breakaways, has completely disappeared.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]
    Some coaches have pulled the switcheroo for a shootout but I don't like the idea of sending a goalie in cold to face a shootout.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Look at TT's last few shootouts and breakaways. Not good results in 90% of the chances. Rask needs to be the future and the future is now!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Tuuka against the Pens ......BRUINS Win
    TT against the Canes in the 1st of 2 games ...another Win
    and Tuuka back agaisnt the Canes in the 2nd of 2 games ...another Win

How about that ??

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]Bob, your a moron, Rask got pulled in buffalo, not thomas.  Thomas was not sharp in that game but you cant hold that against him, he wasn't supposed to play, he was supposed to rest, should he have been prepared, probably but with hearing how great rask is? why should he expect to be pulled in to play when he is getting his first game off in 2 weeks.. ottawa won last night, put some points up too.. Montreal, that collapse isnt on thomas its on the team, they got outshot 23-8 over the last period plus.. He had 39 saves and was the number 2 star.. The atl game thomas posted a 1.85 GAA and a .938 svs%.. got beat in the shoot out.. yeah, totally his fault.. over his last 8 games he is 5-0-3 (taking the loss for buffalo) with a GAA 2.6 (including last night, and buffalo) so yeah he is horrible should be sat...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Here's the deal oh omnipotent one.  TT is a product of playing for a good defensive team. And like all decent goalies he excels if the team in front of them plays sound defensive hockey.  However throughout his entire career Thomas has been prone to bad goals, last minute crap goals and has been terrible in the shoot out.  If you claim to be such a hockey expert and actually watch Bruins games if you don't see that this is the truth your either a sycophant or just a dope.  Let's also not forget that Thomas has never stolen a series in playoff round and has been fairly average if not unspectacular in the playoffs in general.  We lost to Carolina in the playoffs a few years back in large part because Ward outplayed him by a HUGE margin.  You put Thomas on a marginal or bad defensive hockey club and his numbers will be TERRIBLE. And before you say, blah blah blah All Goalies would, I'll stop you great one.  That's BS.  Great goalies unlike your boyfriend Thomas still play lights out regardless of the team in front of them on most nights.

Tuuka is a more technically sound, under control, focused goalie how rarely gets rattled.  His style of play is conducive to the team winning even if they play bad.  Let us not forget the B's weren't that great even defensively last year and he carried them.  Again they were playing terrible yet where did Rask finish in GA and SV% last year.  Oh that's right, at the top.  His playoff performance was average but even a moron and quite possible great thinkers like yourself could see he was burned out and B's had a team wide fail.

Mark it down. If the B's make the playoffs I assure you they don't get past the 2nd round with Thomas and he'll give up another overtime goal or two to seal the teem's fate.  Bank it.  Now go back to life size poster of Thomas over you bed and do some mock tea bagging on your boyfriend's nuts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Tuuka just gave up a brutal goal, stays in his crease instead of in the corner he stops that one, a floater off a skate.

Idiots all goalies are prone to bad goals, ask Brodeur and Roy, the 2 best goalies the past 30 years.

Bobfart why didn`t you call for Cj to switch goalies if he was done last year, because you would sooner lose than watch TT win.

We have 2 great goalies and the best in the world right now in TT, get over your petty hatred of TT.

Come now Rask play a better game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Tuukka time : Here's the deal oh omnipotent one.  TT is a product of playing for a good defensive team. And like all decent goalies he excels if the team in front of them plays sound defensive hockey.You can say that about every goalie in the league.  However throughout his entire career Thomas has been prone to bad goals, last minute crap goals and has been terrible in the shoot out.Do you have the numbers to back this up? Let's also not forget that Thomas has never stolen a series in playoff round and has been fairly average if not unspectacular in the playoffs in general.Two years ago, TT played every playoff game, and at the end of the playoffs, finished with the #1 GAA, and the #2 save%.  We lost to Carolina in the playoffs a few years back in large part because Ward outplayed him by a HUGE margin.CAM WARD..17 goals allowed on 199 shots. 1st star in one game...TIM THOMAS..15 goals allowed on 212 shots..2nd star in 2 games, 3rd star in one game. You put Thomas on a marginal or bad defensive hockey club and his numbers will be TERRIBLE.Why? Because you say so?  Tuuka is a more technically sound, under control, focused goalie how rarely gets rattled.  His style of play is conducive to the team winning even if they play bad.Umm, you might want to take a look at the 2 goalies' won/lost record this year, but then again, you don't seem to be someone that lets the facts get in the way of your make-believe scenarios.  Let us not forget the B's weren't that great even defensively last year and he carried them.  Again they were playing terrible yet where did Rask finish in GA and SV% last year.  Oh that's right, at the top.So with basically the same coach and players, the one year Thomas was injured, the team was bad, and Rask was the hero, but every other year, the team remembered how to play defense, and it didn't matter who the goalie was? His playoff performance was average but even a moron and quite possible great thinkers like yourself could see he was burned out.Why do you give Rask that excuse, but not Thomas, who also played every playoff game, the year before?           
    Hey, this is fun. Make some more crap up.Posted by bobforte2002[/QUOTE]