I've figured out Rask.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I've figured out Rask.

This is not a complaint thread by any means. Just general observation. Has anyone noticed how jumpy Tuukka gets when the puck is up/close to his mask? Could this possibly be why he gives up a lot of "roof" goals? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: I've figured out Rask.

Are you serious?  Really?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: I've figured out Rask.:
    Are you serious?  Really?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Have you seen him when the puck gets close to his mask? The last game had one (it might have hit him not 100% positive). It looks like he is almost ducking to get out of the way, which creates a lot of open space up top. I could very well be wrong but I was asking what peoples opinions are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I noticed once, several months ago, when he was playing like crap, the team he was playing against hit him in the head like 3 times.  They were definitely targeting him.  Don't know if this was a cause or a result of what you are talking about.  Teams do go high on Rask.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I noticed once, several months ago, when he was playing like crap, the team he was playing against hit him in the head like 3 times.  They were definitely targeting him.  Don't know if this was a cause or a result of what you are talking about.  Teams do go high on Rask.
    Posted by scooter244

I noticed that as well.

Here is my conspiracy theory.  A lot of times injuries go unreported, but word gets around.

When did we hear about TT's hip last years?

I think Rask had something going on with his collar bone and word got out and they were shooting at it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Posted by scooter244

I think you are thinking of the Nov 11th game against the Canadiens.  I forget who it was, but one of their players seemed to be aiming at Rask's face all night long.  I think it happened 3 or 4 times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Hmm.. so what you all are saying is, if one has a shot to take they aim for Rasks head?  Hmm.. that might explain why they are not scoring on him so much.</sarcasm>

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well if he's jumpy for a reason, injury or lack of confidence, I like it because aside from the first goal I thought Tuukka had his best game of the season last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Hmm.. so what you all are saying is, if one has a shot to take they aim for Rasks head?  Hmm.. that might explain why they are not scoring on him so much.</sarcasm />
    Posted by bridgemanusa

Good sarcasm!  But in this instance I think the game was out of reach, which really P'd me off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

last night tuukka was a paradox. both goals he let in were very bad goals, 1) had clear site line- on a soft shot 2) was WAY out of position ... but, besides those two shots, he was awesome- stacking pads, controling rebounds much better, attacking shots(a la TT).  its amazing a goalie can be so good and so bad in the same game. bottom line is 2t's,2u's,2 points!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The book on Tuuka is you can beat him upstairs. It's also the book on every goaltender of the new butterfly generation.

he has taken a few shots off the mask this year and recently took one in practice off the collarbone. When you get a few upstairs from the best shooters in the world, you might be a little jumpy too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

2 weak goals...maybe the first one but not the second!!  At least when Tukka is in the net we know we still have a chance to get the extra point in OT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

last night tuukka was a paradox. both goals he let in were very bad goals, 1) had clear site line- on a soft shot 2) was WAY out of position ... but, besides those two shots, he was awesome- stacking pads, controling rebounds much better, attacking shots(a la TT).  its amazing a goalie can be so good and so bad in the same game. bottom line is 2t's,2u's,2 points!  
    Posted by adkbeesfan

No the second goal was caused by Kampfer being out of position.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I wish we could get Andy Moog's opinion on this truly groundbreaking discovery

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

At least when Tukka is in the net we know we still have a chance to get the extra point in OT.
    Posted by lucaooo

But when TT plays, we rarely need OT. I'll take a regulation win any day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

Sorry to tell you, but you have no clue about about the goaltending position!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Calld. I actually mentioned something similar earlier this season. I do think that Rask had gotten his bell rung one too many times. He got his bell rung in like 4 straight games that he started & in one game it was multiple x's. I think this has an effect on some goalie's. Regardless how strong the new mask are. It still doesn't feel good.
    I don't think this is the reason why they shoot high though. It's because he plays the butterfly & even though he has great height, he's very skinny. The upper corners are wide open if Rask isn't out far enough.
    One area that he took the Jackets to school? He showed perfect patience in that shoot-out last night. Awesome to see!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well if he's jumpy for a reason, injury or lack of confidence, I like it because aside from the first goal I thought Tuukka had his best game of the season last night.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I rated it his 3rd best game. The 4-0 win against Fla being his best, followed by the St.Louis game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: I've figured out Rask. : But when TT plays, we rarely need OT. I'll take a regulation win any day.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Lately when TT plays we lose so i will take a win in OT anytime before a loss in regulation.

Sections
Shortcuts