I've Had Enough. I'm Blaming The Victims

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: I've Had Enough. I'm Blaming The Victims

Assuming he was Grapes by the time I was out of competitive hockey...yeah, probably.  But mostly for the show.

On the other hand, I agree that I would have been a much better player if I'd gone to Badger Bob's camp.  Or Herb Brooks' or Scotty Bowman's or Jacques Demers's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"He's not using his body to protect the puck - he's using his back to protect his body.  He never gets over the puck to establish position - it's all about moving the puck and not getting hit."

Or maybe he is not expecting an opposing player to smash his face into the boards after leaving his feet. I know no one teaches that were i've played and gone to hockey camp(s).

Maybe I expect players to take the angle of the way Lucic approaches the same play. Drives his right shoulder into Schenn's shoulder outside the numbers. Maybe Lucic does this out of respect for his opposition or he was taught to not drill a helpless player like that.

Maybe neither, Lucic hits Yemlin like he does because of instincts. Orlov is in the same mind set of a thug like Samuelsson and Cooke. Take the opposing player out, deal with consequences later. If my opinion is "puzzifying" hockey...so be it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe neither, Lucic hits Yemlin like he does because of instincts. Orlov is in the same mind set of a thug like Samuelsson and Cooke. Take the opposing player out, deal with consequences later. If my opinion is "puzzifying" hockey...so be it.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is saying that Orlov's actions were justifiable or quality.  The problem as I see it is that Schenn's actions should have been different.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

Maybe neither, Lucic hits Yemlin like he does because of instincts. Orlov is in the same mind set of a thug like Samuelsson and Cooke. Take the opposing player out, deal with consequences later. If my opinion is "puzzifying" hockey...so be it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is saying that Orlov's actions were justifiable or quality.  The problem as I see it is that Schenn's actions should have been different. [/QUOTE]

This is from Schenn's previous plays in the corner as well ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Did I read that right? The op must have stopped playing at peewee. EVERY hockey player knows turning towards the boards is how you protect the puck. It's how you protect the puck. You're taught to do it. All the good players do it. Jagr made a career of it. It's how you play hockey. Now if we want to start talking about how hitting from behind should be called less frequently when a player turns, sign me up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]

Assuming he was Grapes by the time I was out of competitive hockey...yeah, probably.  But mostly for the show.

On the other hand, I agree that I would have been a much better player if I'd gone to Badger Bob's camp.  Or Herb Brooks' or Scotty Bowman's or Jacques Demers's. [/QUOTE]

I would have gone to a Grape's camp but my point, by putting those random names out there, is that you still think that Schenn should have done a better job protecting himself no matter what coach I named.

I do agree that some players, from some teams, do drop at a touch on the shoulder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"If you are going to get the puck with an attacker on you, you have options.

1.  Push back against the attacker to lessen the blow.

2.  Get your damn arms up to lessen the blow.

3.  Make the play and quickly turn to the side...to lessen the blow.

4.  Take a slightly different route to avoid facing the boards TO LESSEN THE BLOW." - 'Not-a-Shot'

Wow. It's so easy when you say it!

Problem is there is no time to do any of your tips. Since they got rid of the Red Line, disallowed goalies from playing the puck and made it impossible to slow any forechecker from gaining 100 feet of speed - all in the name of more goals - the defenceman has been under siege and these injuries are way up - real or imagined.

Blame Gary

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4.  Take a slightly different route to avoid facing the boards TO LESSEN THE BLOW." - 'Not-a-Shot'

Problem is there is no time to do any of your tips. Since they got rid of the Red Line, disallowed goalies from playing the puck and made it impossible to slow any forechecker from gaining 100 feet of speed - all in the name of more goals - the defenceman has been under siege and these injuries are way up - real or imagined.

Blame Gary

[/QUOTE]

Why Gary?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blame Gary

[/QUOTE]

Why Gary?

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Yea why Gary? Nothing gets put in until the BOG's approves the changes. For the most part. Gary doesn't even bring up changes to the game at all. That's the GM's who do does that. As a Canadian I'm glad the NHL has Bettman! We wouldn't still have 7 franchises here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blame Gary

[/QUOTE]

Why Gary?

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Yea why Gary? Nothing gets put in until the BOG's approves the changes. For the most part. Gary doesn't even bring up changes to the game at all. That's the GM's who do does that. As a Canadian I'm glad the NHL has Bettman! We wouldn't still have 7 franchises here.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. All Gary bettman does is represent the owners, the guys that bankroll the league. I think he's done a pretty good job for the most part. He has his flaws but people blame odd things on him, like the lockout and such.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3) I don't think he had tme to turn to the side unless he rushed the pass

4) A different route would have slowed him down, so her'd have to rush the pass

I think that's the point. Either you take a better angle, rush the pass, or are somewhat complicit in the consequences. The corners are not a place to chase the puck and take your time.

Although hurling yourself and leaving your feet into a prone player who "likely wont have the puck when you get there" is cowardly. There are MANY other ways to check that get the point across. This type of hit has only one purpose.. to injure.

Both parties need to wake up.