I've Heard alot of differant rumors but what is it really going to take to get KABERLE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

I've Heard alot of differant rumors but what is it really going to take to get KABERLE?

Different sources have said and written that to get a top rental such as Tomas Kaberle the going rate is 1. top draft pick 2. NHL ready player and 3. minor league prospect. If this true fill in the blanks. what would it take from the bruins to fill these requirements or what do do believe it will take to land Kaberle?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

Re: I've Heard alot of differant rumors but what is it really going to take to get KABERLE?

I personally dont want Kaberle, I don't think he makes us that much better. With all our assets, picks, cap room, prospects, we seriously can't do any better than Kaberle. I'm sorry, this guy isn't even worth our 1st round pick, let alone Tor's 1st round pick. I'll pass. Rather keep the picks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: I've Heard alot of differant rumors but what is it really going to take to get KABERLE?

No one has answered my question yet, at least that I can find.

Kaberle has waived his ntc to go to Boston - so how does Toronto have any negotiating power whatsoever?

Either they get something for Kaberle - or nothing.

And since he wants to come to Boston, sure sounds like Boston can sign him in the offseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: I've Heard alot of differant rumors but what is it really going to take to get KABERLE?:
    [QUOTE]No one has answered my question yet, at least that I can find. Kaberle has waived his ntc to go to Boston - so how does Toronto have any negotiating power whatsoever? Either they get something for Kaberle - or nothing. And since he wants to come to Boston, sure sounds like Boston can sign him in the offseason.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

he has not waived his no trade claus he has only said that he is interested in coming to boston and 1 or 2 other teams, and the rumor is after this year he would like to sign back with leafs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: I've Heard alot of differant rumors but what is it really going to take to get KABERLE?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I've Heard alot of differant rumors but what is it really going to take to get KABERLE? : he has not waived his no trade claus he has only said that he is interested in coming to boston and 1 or 2 other teams, and the rumor is after this year he would like to sign back with leafs
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

after all the problems he's had in TO?  Recall that he and Wilson were publicly going at it at the beginning of the season.  I'd be surprised to see him back in TO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Last I heard on the local toronto radio station they want Bst. 1st and Wheels.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

They probably will get Wheels. Remember that Kessel was what lured Wheeler into signing with Boston. However, I don't think they'll get a first round pick.

BadHab is absolutely right. By the info of his preference leaking out, it severely handicapped Burke's negotiation power. My guess: along with Wheeler will be a conditional 3rd round pick and if Kaberle signs in the off season, it'll turn into the Minnesota 2nd round pick.

Anything more would be overpaying.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Last I heard on the local toronto radio station they want Bst. 1st and Wheels.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

Thats too high a price tag for Kaberle, one of those maybe.

I don't see Wheeler as a fit in Toronto at all, unless he rooms with Kessel, then they'll corrupt each other with bad habits I imagine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

A hockey source also indicated to CSNNE.com that any potential deal with the Leafs is centered on a package of Blake Wheeler or Mark Stuart, a draft pick believed to be a third-round draft pack and possibly a prospect from the B’s organization close to contributing at the NHL level.

Burke was in Boston to watch Zach Hamill play last week, so it would be logical he could be a player that both sides are discussing. But sources couldn’t confirm or deny Hamill’s involvement.

http://www.csnne.com/02/15/11/Source-Kaberle-hasnt-been-asked-to-waive/landing_bruins.html?blockID=411267&feedID=5364

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]A hockey source also indicated to CSNNE.com that any potential deal with the Leafs is centered on a package of Blake Wheeler or Mark Stuart, a draft pick believed to be a third-round draft pack and possibly a prospect from the B’s organization close to contributing at the NHL level. Burke was in Boston to watch Zach Hamill play last week, so it would be logical he could be a player that both sides are discussing. But sources couldn’t confirm or deny Hamill’s involvement.   http://www.csnne.com/02/15/11/Source-Kaberle-hasnt-been-asked-to-waive/landing_bruins.html?blockID=411267&feedID=5364
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    The trade could also be contingent on Kaberle signing an extension.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Wheeler and a 2nd, or Wheeler, Stuart, and a 3rd

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He will be much cheeper than many of you think. It will likely be Wheeler or Stuart/Boychuck (on or the other) and a conditional 3rd rounder which will be flipped to a 2nd rounder if we re-sign him to a contract extension......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

I agree with JM Walters, anything more than that is a waste. We would essentially be bidding against ourselves for his services. We can still get Kaberle with those pieces, and in my mind, take either of our 1st's and stuart and any prospect to get a forward who can score, unlike ryder, and horton. If we can get that, maybe that will elevate the offense around him. Let's GO B's!!!

Sections
Shortcuts