I've never been so cool on this team since #4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I've never been so cool on this team since #4

I believe this team has the right type of players to make a few runs.  Their past SC performance was stellar..something real teams are made of.  Now, this real team must find new ways to win.  Of course, having Segs andcan Marshy with a (winning) year under their belt was huge!

This whole production is a tribute to the management team, who recognise how to put together the type of team that can work through the (playo-off) bracket.  This team already knows what it's shooting for; what it needs to go down the stretch.  And as PC mentioned, there are a lot of them; most of the team returned.

In addition, I love what's coming through the system.  Dougie is tearing it up; Knight and Spooner are solid.  Even Hamill has stepped up and impressed the same crowd that didn't see the call-up.

Personally, I believe that as long as they maintain a core group that understand what it takes to win, they will continue to challenge for their names on the Cup.  Put simply, this team is as good as any team in the NHL and is getting better.  Kudos!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: I've never been so cool on this team since #4

Yeah, This roster is making me think repeat. We're really firing on all cylinders, and our 1st two lines are up there with the best in the league. But there is definitely a fair amount of cognitive dissonance going on here; yes the Bruins are loaded with youth and talent, but the eastern conference is loaded with other teams that will contend for the next decade, just like the Bruins. 

Pittsburg isn't going anywere, Washington isn't going anywhere, Detroit actually might be going somewhere (the eastern conference)

I'm thrilled the Bruins won the cup last season, as I thought we had what it took dating back to the lost to Carolina in game 7.  However, its so hard to win multiple cups in this league. With the Chara/Thomas window closing, we'll need several players to step up and fill those crucial roles. Dougie Hamilton and Rask still have a lot of hockey ahead of them.

but f-it, a sure thing is never exciting. GO BRUINS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

The chances of the Bruins repeating (defined as winning another cup in the near future) increases significantly if Hamilton becomes an impact player during the Chara or Chara/Thomas windows. If Dougie can play 20 solid minutes for a 900k cap hit, both PC and CJ will have ridiculous options.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: I've never been so cool on this team since #4:
    The chances of the Bruins repeating (defined as winning another cup in the near future) increases significantly if Hamilton becomes an impact player during the Chara or Chara/Thomas windows. If Dougie can play 20 solid minutes for a 900k cap hit, both PC and CJ will have ridiculous options.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Repeating is defined as doing it two times in a row.

And with this team, at least it's possible!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: I've never been so cool on this team since #4 : Repeating is defined as doing it two times in a row. And with this team, at least it's possible!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    That was nice NAS ... you were your normally pointed self and you said something positive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: I've never been so cool on this team since #4 : Repeating is defined as doing it two times in a row. And with this team, at least it's possible!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yes, that is the traditional definition, which is why I clearly stated I was using the term in a different way. I didn't want to think up a term for winning two or more cups within a short span of time -- a significant accomplishment -- and writing that out is awkward.

Way to focus on the most irrelevant portion of my post and ignore the main point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I predict this team will be in another Cup final with the n ext 2 years

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

There are plenty of bright spots on this roster. It is great to see the young talent on this team playing at such a high level and to think that there are at least a couple of impact players on the farm is reassuring.

I also agree that the B's have a good chance at winning another Cup within the next 2-3 years.  Would love to see it this year!  Top 2 lines are tearing it up lately and i'll take a 3rd line with Kelly and Peverly over any third line in B's recent memory.

Management deserves credit for the personnel they put together and also for keeping their finances in order. The B's have the cap space to re-sign some of their top talent to raises, such as Krejci.

Sections
Shortcuts